[Tutorial] Buy on eShop without taxes (American consoles)

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
Hey guys, I have a question. If I change my eshop address to Oregon, should I change my 3ds region & state setting on my 3DS too? Because I set my 3ds address to Ohio. Does it necessary to change it?

In theory, yes (after all people can live in another state anyday).

Alaska (99551) has a very small percentage of tax so it usually comes to zero for small purchases, but for completely tax free stuff these zip codes can be used too:
92164 - San Diego, California
97222 - Milwaukie, Oregon
97116 - Forest Grove, Oregon
97080 - Gresham, Oregon

Good on you to let other users know this.

Thanks for that San Diego zip code. I can finally use the place where I actually live and not pay taxes!
Thanks again!

I can't see me paying 100 dollars for a Pokemon game. :bag:
especially not Unova

Thanks for the tip and I'll really use it but i'm kinda afraid that maybe ill be blocked from downloading games from the eshop ...... I'm really don't want that to happen to me . But i'll make sure i input everything very very carefullly . But thank you for that trick

Well I don't like to change country or whatever to avoid these horrible Sale tax As also this thing is illegal and I honest on these kind of stuff and I als do want call myself a ethical criminal

As a resident of WA, I applaud you, sir. ;)

And this is why I live in Oregon

Alaska (99551) has a very small percentage of tax so it usually comes to zero for small purchases, but for completely tax free stuff these zip codes can be used too:
92164 - San Diego, California
97222 - Milwaukie, Oregon
97116 - Forest Grove, Oregon
97080 - Gresham, Oregon

Good on you to let other users know this.
I got a feeling the zip code "technique" won't work. I feel like this is not going to work.

aZQ9ZgS.png

BUY ON ESHOP WITHOUT TAXES

Well, I saw a lot of people don't know about this yet.
If you change your zip code, you can buy eshop games without taxes, that means, you will pay the real price of the game.

This tutorial is for Nintendo 3DS/3DSXL/2DS, but maybe it works with Wii U too.
You must buy your games with prepaid cards if you live outside of the United States.

1: Open Nintendo eShop
2: Go to "Settings / Others"
3: Go to "Localization Settings"
4: Now you have to change your address.

Zip Code: 99551
City: AKIACHAK
State: AK

You did it!
reggie_i_dunno-7351861.jpg
Are you sure this is going to work? I feel like it won't. I'm afraid I might get blocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a feeling the zip code "technique" won't work. I feel like this is not going to work.

Are you sure this is going to work? I feel like it won't. I'm afraid I might get blocked.
It does work as long as your region for both the eShop and Nintendo Network is set to the United States.

It does work as long as your region for both the eShop and Nintendo Network is set to the United States.
Thank you for that info. I'm still scared of getting blocked LOL. Next time I get an eshop code card, I'll try out this technique and see if it works. Hopefully it works and I don't get blocked.

Hawaii works too.
Enjoy!

Also works on Switch if anyone was wondering

I feel like it's important to note that if you do this, you are effectively lying to the government, which is a federal offense. Will they catch you? Likely not; they have more important things to do. All the same, if you're gonna go to hell, don't do it over a video game. >w<

I never thought about doing something like this . Isn't this kind of illegal? Seems like a lot for hoops to go through just the save a few bucks . It kinda sounds a bit shady to me as well . There is a small chance of getting caught doing this too. Due to those things I think I'd stay away from doing something like this cause I don't want to be breaking any laws if this does turn out to be an illegal thing to do.

:)I think I put my location in Alaska :p because I didn't want to pay for the taxes because it was ridiculous imagine every extra dollar you earned they took it away from you that's not fair so let's save money buy just using these regions nobody wants to pay extra money for nothing right I bought like I think 200 bucks of games back in 2013 and spent a lot of money not realizing this little glitch until later in 2015 when I started to join 3ds chat rooms basically like a website of tips and tricks of how the 3ds works and afterward I started investigating in youtube and the internet too so I could save money.

Back