Undertale might come to the 3DS and Wii U

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
It's not certain, but we might very well see the popular PC game, Undertale, on the 3DS and Wii U :
toby's Fox said:
It's surreal that it's newsworthy that a Nintendo rep tweeted at me. I actually already talked to Nintendo about a port months ago... ^^;;
Source: https://twitter.com/FwugRadiation/status/695233688133623809
toby's Fox said:
But Game Maker (what I use) doesn't export to any Nintendo platforms. In most cases, the game would have to be reprogrammed from scratch.
Source: https://twitter.com/FwugRadiation/status/695234004283473920
toby's Fox said:
So I'm concerned about accuracy/bugs. I've reached the point of "might as well try it" though. This isn't an announcement or promise.
Sources: https://twitter.com/FwugRadiation/status/695235002326458368

What do you guys think? Would you get its 3DS/WiiU version if you already have the PC version?

Reactions: Starmanfan
This is a game I've been wanting forever on the PC and still want it on the PC, I find it really cool how there's a possibility for it to come to mobile handhelds, Can't wait to get this game on the PC and if it comes to 3ds I'll be excited for it!

@Temmie @Sans @rsngamer

I feel that it'd be hard to play on a 3ds. Maybe even the Wii U too.

Reactions: 423
all this going on and i'm just sitting here working on a way to modify the game myself so it works :T
also @Sans is right, UT is one of those games that's kinda designed specifically to work on the PC, so it would definitely take some big changes for it to actually work on consoles (unless u don't mind having messed up controls for everything)

Reactions: Sans
I'm kinda scared how much it would take for the game to be optimised/reworked for a port to happen. Toby would most likely have to bring in some people to give him a hand, otherwise the game will be a long time coming. Aside from all those possible problems though, I'm also quite excited if Toby decides to go down this road! It's always nice to get good games out to a wider audience.

I've heard this for quite some time. It would be really great to have the game come to the 3ds or Wii U, since people would generally love to play it. Though I particularly wouldn't be too excited because I've already played the game and it's nice already to have on PC :p Regardless, it'd be great :D

I haven't been super interested in Undertale so far, but if it came to the 3ds or Wii U I might get it. I've heard alot of great things about it and I'm a huge fan of the earthbound series so I'd like to try it out some time. A release on nintendo consoles would up its sales a ton and I'd likely be one of the new purchasers :p

My brother isn't keen on it at all so he won't split it with me so it looks like it'll be a long while until I can buy it though. I'll get it eventually hopefully ^o^

If this does come to the 3DS (which I really hope it will) I will definately get it.
This game is so good and I would love to play it so much more on my 3DS.

I could take it places too. ;3

Some things, mainly the system information flags and the purpose crashes would not work as well on consoles, but Toby would probably make it work

If Undertale was reprogrammed for 3DS and Wii U, Toby likely wouldn't be the one doing it, since he's never had experience with the software used for those systems. Even though I have Undertale on PC, I'd still buy it for the other systems lol.

I feel that it'd be hard to play on a 3ds. Maybe even the Wii U too.
So true, especially controlling your soul with the circle pad in the battle interface. I imagine it would be really uncomfortable. :panda:

I've been wanting it to come to nintendo for a while I want to get good and beat my show off friend

I never gave the game much thought and went with the belief that it's just another one of those over-hyped indie games. But given that there's a chance that it may come to the 3DS, I guess I can give the game a shot and she what the hype is about. Personally, I don't believe that I'll enjoy the game as much as the fandom does.

This is very good news! It would be awesome on 3ds! :)

I feel like this game is meant for the Wii U just because Earthbound is on the Wii U and Undertale is pretty similar to Earthbound.

I feel like this game is meant for the Wii U just because Earthbound is on the Wii U and Undertale is pretty similar to Earthbound.
I find that to be an invalid reason for Undertale to be made as a Wii U exclusive. If anything the 3DS should have it so it can have its own Earthbound. But since I'm guy who looks past stuff like that, I believe it should released on both consoles.

I find that to be an invalid reason for Undertale to be made as a Wii U exclusive. If anything the 3DS should have it so it can have its own Earthbound. But since I'm guy who looks past stuff like that, I believe it should released on both consoles.
That was one of some reasons I said that.Rpg controls are very similar and this game is no difference.It could be put easily onto the Wii U.The 3ds on the other hand doesn't have that much VC or Eshop Exclusive Rpgs.So that's why I say Wii U should get it.

Alright so like the only problem I see with it coming to Wii u and 3ds is what they would do with the omega flowey battle and the genocide route as the flowey battle shuts the game off. So would you go back to the Wii menu every time you died? And then the chara issue, where it stays there forever.

Alright so like the only problem I see with it coming to Wii u and 3ds is what they would do with the omega flowey battle and the genocide route as the flowey battle shuts the game off. So would you go back to the Wii menu every time you died? And then the chara issue, where it stays there forever.
That is true...

Also, as this game would already take up more than smash, I don't think 3ds could handle this because it's so weak and basically if you were to buy undertale, you would need a lot more storage

I agree Wii U is pretty much the only one that even has a higher percent of 40% that It can handle it.3ds has pretty much a 1-30 chance of handling it in terms of storage so Wii U will most likely get Undertale even though it has Earthbound already which is similar to Undertale in some ways.

Back