Undertale might come to the 3DS and Wii U

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
This would be great! I'd but both versions, regardless of price.

I am sure the 3ds will be unable to handle this game well, even if the graphics are toned down by a lot. Probably as a new 3ds exclusive, it can work. No doubt it can run perfectly on the wii u, but the fact that this game is fully based on pc controls, that would mean that they would have to revamp the whole thing.

The new 3ds with some toning down and such, should certainly be able to run this game. But I find it hard to come up with good controls on the new 3ds rather than the wii u.

If this is true though, that would be sweet!

Even though the controls are pc based, The Wii U still has similar controls to the PC.The D/Control Pad could be used to move,Based on the arrow keys.They could have A as interact and + as the menu.Y' know,Make it Pc-ish and Wii U-ish at the same time!

Controls would be fairly easy to change into nintendo buttons, as x can be the menu, b to decline, a to accept, etc. The circle pad or control stick on the gamepad would work fairly well, or you can use the d pad. Graphics for undertale are a bit pixelated, so I don't think there would be a problem there for porting it to the 3ds.

I'd really like a 3DS version. I've heard a lot about it but I don't feel like using Steam (even though my PC is up for the task). A 3DS version would be ideal since it means I'd get to play the game without going out of my comfort-zone. So here's to hoping you're right!

Reactions: sonicandres1
My uncle told me about it a couple weeks ago while my nana was looking at rocks at our local fair. There's a very slim chance of it making it to these systems, but all we can do is hope it happens. At least Toby Fox said he would give it a go, however we shouldn't get overly exited, because if the Undertale fans(like myself) get overly excited and Toby Fox says it can't be done, then ALL of those people would get all butthurt about it, and we wouldn't want that, would we? Like I said, all we can really do at this current moment is wait.

I would definitely buy it, but how would the bit where Flowey closes the game go down?

I would definitely buy it, but how would the bit where Flowey closes the game go down?
Similar how a game crashes and leads you to the home menu on an iphone is what I think would happen in that case. For mettaton's typing portion, it can be done with the keyboard on the 3ds touch screen or wii u gamepad.

I would absolutely buy it for my 3DS. I loved the PC version and experiencing the game in a brand new way with the dual screens and touch capability would send me over the moon. Plus I could finally get my friend to play it for himself sicne he can't buy it on Steam and won't come to my place lol

I won't buy Undertale again if it comes out on 3ds and Wii U because why buy and play it again if I already know what's going to happen in the game. I finished Undertale and now I'm moving on to different games.

I really hope Nintendo does the port. They'll make a TON of money off of it, and most of the people I know would buy it. What would the pricing be like though? Same as Steam? More? Less? And I agree with Kirby about the Wii U exclusive thing. Its a fairly large game so it would take up a lot of sstorage/be too big for the 3DS.

If it comes out, buy it or you're gonna have a bad time

*Warning: I'm about to voice my opinion* Honestly, I can congratulate the way the developer made his game. It's unique but I would prefer it to stay on PC. The main reason being the community that has cropped up in the last 5 months. The community is sickening at best. You have a bunch of players already making fan fictions of the characters who, mind you, consist of skeletons, cats with human hair, goat women, and other monstrosities. I feel like bringing the game to more platforms would only exacerbate the already growing problem.

Reactions: Blue Knight
*Warning: I'm about to voice my opinion* Honestly, I can congratulate the way the developer made his game. It's unique but I would prefer it to stay on PC. The main reason being the community that has cropped up in the last 5 months. The community is sickening at best. You have a bunch of players already making fan fictions of the characters who, mind you, consist of skeletons, cats with human hair, goat women, and other monstrosities. I feel like bringing the game to more platforms would only exacerbate the already growing problem.
That happens to each and every game. People make fanfiction, then people make slightly weirder fanfiction and then the go wild. It's rule 34.

That happens to each and every game. People make fanfiction, then people make slightly weirder fanfiction and then the go wild. It's rule 34.
so true. XD

I WOULD LOVE THIS
I've played Undertale but I don't actually own it, so I'd love to have it so I could find secrets and play around instead of relying on YouTube.

Everyone is saying 2 things won't work. The controls and the crashing.

The controls: I don't really see a problem? Someone please tell me what I am missing here. I see it being pretty easy to have the controls on the 3ds, maybe not the Wii U but I'm not as familiar with Wii U.

The crashing: in parts where it normally crashes, the screen could go black, and it could show a fake error message (that matches the real one) but it auto saves, then you restart and can continue.

I hope they price it at $10. ... xD

Sounds good. Never really got the motivation to play Undertale because I don't like using a mouse and the keyboard tho play games. If this is true I can see what the hype is all about. :3

Yeah, like PersonSP said, rule 34 happens to everything. >.< Can't be stopped. This is unrelated but Wii Fit trainer was called rule 34 subject in smash lol, and that was unintended.

I hope they price it at $10. ... xD

Sounds good. Never really got the motivation to play Undertale because I don't like using a mouse and the keyboard tho play games. If this is true I can see what the hype is all about. :3

Yeah, like PersonSP said, rule 34 happens to everything. >.< Can't be stopped. This is unrelated but Wii Fit trainer was called rule 34 subject in smash lol, and that was unintended.
It was unintended...or was it?

After reading some wikias I got pretty hyped for Undertale. (I know, spoilers, spoilers. Doesn't matter.) I do hope they don't plan on making it a 50 euro or more game, because my budget is about 10% of that right now. :confused:

If they make it much more than 10 bucks, its pretty much a rip off- after all Undertale is only 10 Dollqrs right?

If they make it much more than 10 bucks, its pretty much a rip off- after all Undertale is only 10 Dollqrs right?
Yes but almost every game that gets ported to 3Ds skyrockets in price... So high hopes and a bit of fear here. Let'shope they decide to do the right thing, rather than the most profitable thing.

Back