Wasting Master Ball

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
What is the worst thing you've used your master ball on? I accidentally wasted mine on a Stantler. It was my first playthrough of Silver/Gold (I never used the master ball in Red/Blue) and I wanted to see if it actually worked. It did, I got a Stantler.

Lol A stantler? I wasted mine on a Budew :cry::cry::cry:. In Pokemon Y I captured the main legendary with an Ultra Ball. And I used my Master Ball On Mewtwo. But I killed Zygarde and saved after (Oopsies)

i never wasted a master ball but in black 2 when i got my first master ball - i let my lil bro try the game out and told him to try to catch a pokemon - thought he would make it faint but i turned my back the he says - i caught a legendary then i saw it was a zebra strike - and when i continued playing i wanted to look at my master ball then it was gone - gone to a zebra v! damn it !!
but i still caught a legendary without it !! :p:p:p

I don't usually use a Master Ball, but when I do it's on the roaming legendary.

Got the bad use of always using a Master Ball on the game's main legendary, since the Gameboy. But I'll try getting legendaries without it, leaving it for a tougher Pokemon.

Got the bad use of always using a Master Ball on the game's main legendary, since the Gameboy. But I'll try getting legendaries without it, leaving it for a tougher Pokemon.

Yea me too... It is kind of a bad habit because when you get to the harder legendaries (Like Zygarde) you totally fail at trying to catch them... I actually killed him by accident... Whoops!

Yea me too... It is kind of a bad habit because when you get to the harder legendaries (Like Zygarde) you totally fail at trying to catch them... I actually killed him by accident... Whoops!

Actually, the toughest legendary was Victini for me. Took me about 20-25 balls with about 10% HP remaining + sleeping status.

Tornadus, after using mean look, paralyse it and leave it with about 5 h pI threw all my ultra ball then timer ball until I ran out, the funny thing is that when I used my master ball ( with rage ) it was a critical capture :coffee:

Never used a masterball to catch any pokemon I just leave it there in my inventory for fun lol normal poke balls are better than other versions of the PokeBall.

I started out using my Master Balls on the main legendary of the game. Once though, I used it on some common Pokemon for some unknown reason. I turned off my DS though and lost a lot of progress just to keep my Master Ball. Nowadays I just hoard my Master Ball and never use it because I never come across a Pokemon that can't be caught with Ultra Balls.

I wasted one of mine on a ditto in Pokemon X because I wanted the ditto really badly for breeding (yes, I know I should not have done that) but I ran out of Pokeballs so since the master ball was my only one left, I decided to use it.

I haven't really wasted one unless considering the infinite Master Ball glitch in Colosseum is wasting the fun of the game. If I had wasted mine I'd reset the game (unless I caught a shiny). Perhaps in the future you have more chances of getting shinnies when you throw away your Master Ball. Plus they are common without cloning if you are lucky enough to get a lot of them from the Lotto.

I just leave my Master Ball in my bag because I can catch everything normally and I'd rather keep it. Plus I may need them if roaming Pokémon become too much for me in the future.

I was very young at the time (8), and I was playing my older brothers (10 at the time) Fire red game with him one day coming back from school. We had encountered a ditto in the mansion on Cinnabar Island, and we thought it was a legendary pokemon that was amazing, so I told him to use the masterball. And then we used it, the ditto was caught. It wasn't even are first pokemon games, so it's even more irritating to look back on it.

Now I carry my masterball around with me if I can't catch the main legendary with an ultraball.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really wasted my Master Balls on any games. I usually use it on a hard Legendary Pokemon to catch, or use it on the main Legendary of the game. I remember i used it on a Rattata (FireRed) just to check if it actually worked. It in fact, did. Although, i already caught Mewtwo and all the other Legendaries, so i definitely kept the Rattata! :)

when i was 13 i wasted mine on a stupid plusle i named it buttface i was so mad that i broke my gba

I don't think that there isreally a way of 'wasting' your Master Ball. As long as you enjoyd using it or it was useful in a way, it doesn't really count. In LeafGreen, I threw my Master Ball at Zapdos because it was pretty difficult to catch at the time. Zapdos is still one of my favorite legends to date, and so I don't feel it was a waste of a bal;l. I was still able to catc every lege n Leafgreen wthout it, so i don't see a wasted opportunity.

I've only wasted my master ball once. In Pokémon X, I was saving my master ball for Mewtwo. Naturally, Catching every other legendary with quick balls, timer balls, Dusk balls, or something else. So I'm on front of Mewtwo, yeah? I save. And then I start the battle. I was gonna use the Master Ball anyway, so thinking, why not? I threw a Pokéball. It got caught. It was lonely natured, which was good enough for me. And nice IVs. So yes, I wasted a Master Ball. In the sense that I now have nothing to use it on. It'll just be in my bag until OR/AS. xD

I used my master ball on a ditto once. It was about six years ago and I was playing Fire Red. I didnt know much about pkemon at that time so when I saw that the ditto could transform into any pokemon, I thought this must be a legendary and threw my master ball at it. :meh: Later when I knew more about pokemon, I laughed at myself for catching a ditto with master ball xD

I only wastes masterballs when I try to make jokes and then I return to the point where I saved not wasting my masterball.
I only use masterballs only when catching some very hard legendaries or just some normal rare or shiny pokemon that is hard to catch.But there are some cheaters who use master balls cheat which only makes them less weaker and cannot boast or lie to their friends about it.

When I was a Kid, Only time I used Masterball was for the pokemon that ran in wild encounters. Raikou/Suicune/Entei/Latias/Latios etc...

Nowadays..only time I'll use a masterball, is to catch a shiny if I run out of pokeballs, and I'm about to kill the shiny, or it's going to die by burn or poison. Other than that, I keep the Masterball for collection.

Back