What are your funniest / favorite Pokemon nicknames?

• Thread starter GravityTheGhost
  • Start date
I have a shiny Snorlax that I got from wonder trade and the snorlax has such a beautiful name. It's name "Your Mom" is what it is.

Yeah I actually got this off wonder trade oddly enough and it's a pretty good pokemon for battles. I don't really use it tho because of the name.

I got a shiny Darmatin through Wonder Trade... His name is Goku.:.

I have a shiny Snorlax that I got from wonder trade and the snorlax has such a beautiful name. It's name "Your Mom" is what it is.

Yeah I actually got this off wonder trade oddly enough and it's a pretty good pokemon for battles. I don't really use it tho because of the name.
Was it holding a Burn Heal?

Ummm..... Just so you know, I have quite a few funny names for Legendaries:

Mewtwo.....Mr. Tiddles
Articuno......LetItGo!
Zygarde......PixelX
Moltres......Burnin'Birdie

guys you need to name your treeko geico and my friend always wanted to name a snorlax florpadorp the consumer... theres simply not enough space

or name treeko oak tree

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering about some of everybody's favorite nicknames to give their Pokemon recently. So what are the nicknames you really adore for your Pokemon? Maybe they're ones you just found, or maybe they're ones you keep coming back to again and again?

My nicknames tend to have some research behind them. I nickname my Ralts Bequearetii after the little flowers that look like ballerinas. I also nickname my Gastly Arsine after the highly poisonous gas.

I nicknamed my Rowlet Connor, because of Connor from Assassin's Creed. And I plan to name my Lunala Marx, because of Marx from Kirby. I'm not there yet though, only on the second island -.-

I usually name my Pokemon after mythological characters, gods or terms in other languages.

Hydreigon > Nidhogg : From Norse mythology the dread biter, the dragon who gnaws on the roots of Yggdrasil and survives Ragnarok to be the force of evil in the newly created world, post Ragnarok.

Volcarona > Sunna : Also, form Norse mythology the sun goddess of the newly created world said to shine brighter than her mother Sol.

Vulpix/Ninetales (shiny) > Inari : form Japanese Shinto and Buddhist religion is the god(ess) of food and rice harvest whose symbol/messenger is the white fox or kitsune.

Flygon (shiny) > Djinn : from Islamic mythology a spirit (of the desert sort of), Flygon's Pokedex entry describes it as a "The Desert Spirit".

Noivern > Shingetsu : means New Moon in Japanese. Noivern fly around on moonless night according to their Pokedex entry in X.

Dragagle > Kombu Ryu: kombu is a type of Japanese seaweed and ryu is dragon in Japanese; in other words "seaweed dragon".

Noivern (again) > Stile Nacht : "silent night" in German. As Noivern flies around in the night and attacks out of the darkness as Pokedex entry in Y.

Sableye (shiny) > Bort : bort is a diamond that is darker in color due to impurities. Bort diamonds are often used for industrial purposes (i.e. drill bits, abrasives and etc.).

Sableye (again) > Tommyknocker : Tommyknockers are small leprechaun or brownie like creatures that inhabit mines and make tapping or knocking noises often before a cave in. Can be malevolent and harmful or just mischievous and mostly harmless.

Just for fun nicknames

Gardevoir (male)> Divine : Divine was a drag queen from the 70's and 80's who played the mom in the movie Hairspray (also starring Riki Lake).

Goodra > Mooshy : I named this Pokemon Mooshy because as a Goomy it reminded me of those mooshy stress/gross out novelty balls. More of a texture or feeling that I imagined Goomy to have.

Altaria (shiny) > Q-Tip : because its cottony and yellow just like a used Q-Tip.

Talonflame > Millennium : because it's a falcon and I love Star Wars too. Put the two together and you get...

Sylveon > Pixie Stix : Pixie Stix are flavored granulated sugar candy in a paper straw which are sometimes fizzy or tingly.

That's enough for now...

Reactions: 24460
Back