What changes to battling do you think will happen in Gen 7?

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So I noticed that over generation there have been changes in the things that happen in battles. Most notably, the Weather nerf in Gen 6, which limited a Weather effect for 8 turns rather than until the end of the battle (Correct if I'm wrong).

So what changes do you think will occur in battling with Pokemon Sun and Moon?
I actually don't really know what all could change, but I feel like Prankster may limit some of the moves it affects. Maybe the entry hazards (Stealth Rocks, Spikes, etc.) could be affected some way, but who knows? What do you think will happen?

Weather is limited to 5 turns normally in Gen 6, 8 if the Pokemon is using a item like Damp Rock or Smooth Rock.

I really hope Hidden Power get raised back up to base 70 or possibly even higher, it's been pretty underwhelming at base 60 especially when it's suppose to be a reliable coverage move for Pokemon with limited movepools.

Reactions: Mr. Kream and Zukrad
Weather is limited to 5 turns normally in Gen 6, 8 if the Pokemon is using a item like Damp Rock or Smooth Rock.

I really hope Hidden Power get raised back up to base 70 or possibly even higher, it's been pretty underwhelming at base 60 especially when it's suppose to be a reliable coverage move for Pokemon with limited movepools.
Agreed

First, I would like to see buffs and nerfs to certain Pokémon (Like they did from gen 5 to 6)

Nerfs
Parental Bond increases the damage by 1.1 - 1.2 instead of 1.5, the secondary effect of the second hit never happens
Some Pokémon get the "MegaZam treatment", these are Mega Salamence, Mega Mawile, Mega Lucario, Mega Metagross, and maybe Mega Gengar
When Perish Song is active, no trapping abilities can work
Normal Pokémon are inmune to Shadow Tag
Aegislash gets base stats of 50/80/120/80/120/50 in defense form and 50/120/80/120/80/50 in attack form (Maybe changing those 80/120 to 70/130, idk)
King Shield only lowers the attack by one stage
New stat distribution to Greninja, Blaziken (and Mega), Landorus-I
Prankster and Gale Wings have now 0.5 priority (Go before normal moves, but after priority moves)
Poison Heal heals 1/12 or 1/16 each turn instead of 1/8
Swagger and Flatter raises the the target's attack by one point instead of two

Game Mechanics
The Froze mechanics change, the chances to unfreeze goes from 20%>20%>20%>20%>... each turn to 20%>40%>60%>80%>100%
Critical hits can only happen when the attacker has a boosted crit rate.
Sleep will always last 2 turns.

Buffs
Quick Powder and Metal Powder works on Ditto after transforming (this one may be too much)
Light Ball also gives Pikachu a 50% boost in speed, with this change, the speed of Pikachu gets reduced from 90 to 80, and the defens from 30 to 40
Mega Blastoise now is Water/Steel, and learns Shell Smash (Gets speed and a little of bulk reduced to not make it too broken)
Porygon-Z is Normal/Ghost
Mega Absol is Dark/Fairy
Pangoro gets Sucker Punch
Pidgeot gets Focus Blast
Cacturne gets Sand Rush as ability instead of Sand Veil or Water Absorb
Krokodile gets Dragon Dance
Accuracy of all moves has been multiplied by 1.1 and rounded up.

Other Stuff
We get an item that raises the turns of Trick Room from 5 to 8
We get a Physicall Assault Vest
We need more Defoggers/Rapid Spinners!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3905
Maybe an item or berry that removes entry hazards if the holder gets hit by one. I hope they fix trading personally.

Burst Fusion, fuse with ya Pokemon

Burst Fusion, fuse with ya Pokemon
I would quit competitive Pokemon if that happened

Reactions: Mr. Kream
upload_2016-3-24_22-4-31.png

Get ready to pack your bags then. There's a Japanese Pokemon manga where this is a thing and the stones used in that manga for Burst Fusion are in the Japanese Sun and Moon logos, similarly to how Mega Stones were in the X/Y logo. Also Ash Greninja.

Get ready to pack your bags then. There's a Japanese Pokemon manga where this is a thing and the stones used in that manga for Burst Fusion are in the Japanese Sun and Moon logos, similarly to how Mega Stones were in the X/Y logo. Also Ash Greninja.
Welp, it's been nice being a competitive player, but now I'm just done with it. Too much to keep up with. Bai

Reactions: Zukrad
Welp, it's been nice being a competitive player, but now I'm just done with it. Too much to keep up with. Bai
If they bring Burst to the main series, they will probably do it like Ash Greninja, the pokémon takes your aspevt, but is more like a mega rather than a fusion

If they bring Burst to the main series, they will probably do it like Ash Greninja, the pokémon takes your aspevt, but is more like a mega rather than a fusion
But then that'll mean my Pokemon is gonna be based off my trainer now...

But then that'll mean my Pokemon is gonna be based off my trainer now...
Only the design, I guess is going to work like the Mega Evolution, or Primal.

Or it could be that the Greninja form is exclusive to the anime, or exclusive to Greninja (and Kalos starters hopefully)

Only the design, I guess is going to work like the Mega Evolution, or Primal.

Or it could be that the Greninja form is exclusive to the anime, or exclusive to Greninja (and Kalos starters hopefully)
Hopefully. I'm already having trouble learning competitive as is, and if they're gonna make it more complicated then I would just get so discouraged and go back to casual shiny hunting.

A few very broken things I thought of for new battle machanics:

• A status moves that guarantees freeze (probably with low accuracy or something)
  • A priority ability for every type (each type gets its own Gale Wings or something)
  • Allow multiple megas in one battle
  • Reduced recoil damage on Struggle.
If any of this actually happened I'd die *-*

Why does struggle even have to cause recoil?

Why does struggle even have to cause recoil?
You struggle to do damage, so you basically have to use all your might to make an attack, causing you to hurt yourself in the process. At least that's what I think

Probably better than whatever the official reason is.

Probably better than whatever the official reason is.
Imagine that you and your opponent end both with a Pokémon that can't attack. has low attack and is carrying lefties/any passive recovery (Like Wobuffet)

If struggle didn't had recoil, the battle would become infinite, since lefties would heal more than oppposing struggle damages you

I guess that makes sense then.

How about some of the field effects from the pokemon reborn fangame? Examples:
In a forest field, cut gains power and adds grass typing. Use multi targetinh fire moves, and it becomes a burning field, which increases fire type move power, and hit all non fire types that don't float with a fire type stealth rock. It also activates fire based abilities like flash fire.
An icy field that increases the power of ice type moves, rolling moves, and priority moves.

Battle changes i am excepting form gen 7 are listed below-

-Base power hidden power should be increase to 80 and want to see hidden power fairy

-Pokemon should be able to learn at 5 moves ,it will quite help for competitive players

-and, have mercy on cute pokemon and give them mega evolution (mega pachrisu, plz :p)

Change the max EVs on a pokemon to 508 or 512, because 510 is not divisible by 4.

Back