What changes to battling do you think will happen in Gen 7?

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date
Agreed

First, I would like to see buffs and nerfs to certain Pokémon (Like they did from gen 5 to 6)

Nerfs
Parental Bond increases the damage by 1.1 - 1.2 instead of 1.5, the secondary effect of the second hit never happens
Some Pokémon get the "MegaZam treatment", these are Mega Salamence, Mega Mawile, Mega Lucario, Mega Metagross, and maybe Mega Gengar
When Perish Song is active, no trapping abilities can work
Normal Pokémon are inmune to Shadow Tag
Aegislash gets base stats of 50/80/120/80/120/50 in defense form and 50/120/80/120/80/50 in attack form (Maybe changing those 80/120 to 70/130, idk)
King Shield only lowers the attack by one stage
New stat distribution to Greninja, Blaziken (and Mega), Landorus-I
Prankster and Gale Wings have now 0.5 priority (Go before normal moves, but after priority moves)
Poison Heal heals 1/12 or 1/16 each turn instead of 1/8
Swagger and Flatter raises the the target's attack by one point instead of two

Game Mechanics
The Froze mechanics change, the chances to unfreeze goes from 20%>20%>20%>20%>... each turn to 20%>40%>60%>80%>100%
Critical hits can only happen when the attacker has a boosted crit rate.
Sleep will always last 2 turns.

Buffs
Quick Powder and Metal Powder works on Ditto after transforming (this one may be too much)
Light Ball also gives Pikachu a 50% boost in speed, with this change, the speed of Pikachu gets reduced from 90 to 80, and the defens from 30 to 40
Mega Blastoise now is Water/Steel, and learns Shell Smash (Gets speed and a little of bulk reduced to not make it too broken)
Porygon-Z is Normal/Ghost
Mega Absol is Dark/Fairy
Pangoro gets Sucker Punch
Pidgeot gets Focus Blast
Cacturne gets Sand Rush as ability instead of Sand Veil or Water Absorb
Krokodile gets Dragon Dance
Accuracy of all moves has been multiplied by 1.1 and rounded up.

Other Stuff
We get an item that raises the turns of Trick Room from 5 to 8
We get a Physicall Assault Vest
We need more Defoggers/Rapid Spinners!!!
*tags @Vii*

I'd love to see them expand on field effects (no, not weather or Trick Room, though a Hail buff and a TR extendig item are long overdue). I'm talking about Grassy Terrain, Electric Terrain and Misty Terrain. Each have unique and interesting effects:

Grassy Terrain:
- Grounded Pokémon are healed by 1/16 of their total HP at the end of each turn.
- The power of Grass-type moves is boosted by 50%
- The power of Earthquake, Bulldoze and Magnetude is halved
- Secret Power has a 30% chance to induce sleep
- Nature Power becomes Energy Ball
- Grass Pelt is activated
- Camouflage turns the user into a Grass-type

Electric Terrain:
- Grounded Pokémon cannot fall asleep, if they're already asleep they'll wake up instantly
- The power of Electric type moves is boosted by 50%
- Secret Power has a 30% chance to induce paralysis
- Nature Power becomes Thunderbolt
- Camouflage turns the user into an Electric-type

Misty Terrain:
- Grounded Pokémon become immune to non-volatile status conditions (sleep, burn, poison, paralysis, freeze, confusion)
- The power of Dragon-type moves is halved
- Secret Power has a 30% chance to reduce Sp.Atk by one stage
- Nature Power becomes Moonblast
- Camouflage turns the user into a Fairy-type

I'd like to see both an ability and an item that extends the length from 5 to 8 turns, as well as better spreading for these moves, Pokémon like Whimsicott should be able to learn some!
I obviously would like to see more terrain moves introduced, one I've got in mind is Fiery Terrain. All grounded non-Fire-type Pokémon would be damaged by it at the end of each turn (1/32 if not very effective, both 1/2 and 1/4, 1/16 if normally effective, 1/8 if x2 super effective and 1/4 if x4 super effective), Fire-type moves would have their pwer boosted by 50%, Secret Power would have a 30% chance to burn the target, Nature Power would become Flamethrower and Camouflage would turn the user into a Fire-type.

Last edited:
As much as I'd love a item that extends the length of Trick Room or even a new ability that casts it when it enters or even switches out. But imo Trick Room effects more than weather does. I think it would break competitive play or reach a ban list in our Pokemon Gyms.

As much as I'd love a item that extends the length of Trick Room or even a new ability that casts it when it enters or even switches out. But imo Trick Room effects more than weather does. I think it would break competitive play or reach a ban list in our Pokemon Gyms.
I don't see it being a problem in Singles since you waste a turn switching around if it's a TR team. I can see it being an issue in Doubles though

Last edited:
Reactions: Pookie
I don't see it being a problem in Singles since you waste a turn switching around if it's a TR team. I can see it being an issue in Doubles though
Maybe we could ban the thing for Doubles? But that sounds kinda dumb :/

Maybe we could ban the thing for Doubles? But that sounds kinda dumb :/

There are actually some things that are banned in doubles, but not in singles (Like Jirachi, that is being suspected right now) and viceversa

But I don't see trick Room that bad... at least in theory mon doesn't look horrible, is definetly pretty good, but not broken (imo)

Back