What do you like about the Zelda franchise?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
EVERYTHING (except Fi's text speed and Tingle)

Reactions: 3823
I love pretty much everything about them, I love that I can sit back, relax and solve some puzzles. I love fighting enemies and bosses. I love getting new items and clearing dungeons, Zelda is a bunch of fun.

I like trying to find the Hidden Secrets and the stroy.

I also enjoy trying to find my way around the dungeons (which I suck at >.>)

There's a ton of things I love about Zelda! I really like solving a puzzle I've been stuck on for a while, and completing a really hard dungeon. My favorite thing is all the collectable stuff and all of bonuses and things to find after the game is over. I've never been able to totally fill up all of my heart containers, but I have tried, and I'm trying to do that in Twilight princess. The best Zelda experience, in my opinion, is done without the use of guides. I like the feeling of finding something, and using a guide just feels like I've cheated in some way.

I just like the feeling of going on an adventure, solving puzzles and collecting new items to help me along the way.

I like the boss fights allot, even though I'm not too far in them, I love watching @paceygym fight them off. I really like skyward sword's story and I love making wipe outs when you jump off the goddess statue. I enjoy the over all exploring and puzzles, with all those dungeons that make me give up on the game.... good times.

Reactions: 3391
What I love about Zelda aside from the fact it's Zelda would have to be the story and the feel of the games. Each one, no matter the system it's on I will always be excited to play it and not to mention the graphics, I love how Link looks in each different game and the graphics are amazing.

Reactions: Moon Rain
I like the story in the games which when you talk to people they give you special things and the action where you travel through caverns and forests for adventure and to carry out your goal which is mostly breaking the spell Zelda is under.

I like everything about the Zelda franchise. Seriously, everything. The soundtracks are soothing and match the games perfectly, the graphics are colourful and vivid and make a great atmosphere, the dungeons and puzzles are also really fun to play in. They actually require you to use your brain to solve some puzzles. The storyline is also indulging, and you easily develop a virtual bond with the characters, it's such a great feeling.

Well... where do I start. I love how many weapons there are in each game, how diverse each story is, how fun it all is, the big bosses, the secrets and hidden details, how you have to work everything out, all the puzzles, everything

What I love about Zelda:

Dialogue: Such good storywriters. I love the dialogue and it never seems to bore me. All the zelda games with all the character's different personalities, and the characters are very humurous. (some .-.) I never get bored, cause none of the dialogue is pointless *cough cough* fantasy life *cough*

Puzzles: Puzzles are really entertaining to figure out. I always overthink things, so some zelda puzzles throw me off. I love this aspect of this game and this is what makes it shine out of every game. It's puzzle and adventure aspect is beautiful.

Sense of Adventure: I never feel like I'm constrained in a zelda game. (except the beginning of Oot) There's always adventure, and you can go wherever you want. It feels like you're exploring. And there's no one blocking your way *cough pokemon trainers cough*

Different Items: I love different items. They make the game amazing and excited as well. If there weren't items, the exploring would be decreased drastically. I love how there's secret places you can achieve by using items.

Sure, everything is good! The game, graphics, music, characters, story, itens, goals... I love everything about this!

I've always liked how daring the series is. Twilight Princess was rather dark, and I admire Nintendo's willingness to release such a game.

Almost everything about Legend of Zelda is awesome. It can suit for a 1day-beat-gamer or a completionist. You really don't have to gain all items and side quests to beat the game, but it would somewhat spoil the fun if you just go directly to Ganon and beat his pride off. It just has a soft spot in every type of gamer. One of the things I look forward to is what they would look like in the future games, if it's too serious looking or some cutie patooties.

The adventuring aspect of the game.

I was actually having a conversation with my father who used to be a bit of a gaming nerd but never really got into the Nintendo franchises as I did. he didn't get what was so great about Zelda. I was getting quite frustrated trying to prove my point about how its different than a ot of games, I probably didn't sway his opinion as the validity of my argument was not exactly on point but rather me repeating, "It JusT GOOOD OKAY DAD??!"

I'll tray and convey my message a little more properly this time:

I like the Legend of Zelda franchise for its storytelling, and immersion into the world you are playing in. Unlike the factory of enjoyable Mario games, Zelda seems to be new and exciting each time a chapter of its story is released- and they're not the easiest of games. I think, a challnege is what we look for in our games. Not to mention its aesthetic is chill.

I forgot to say that I like to think about what we need to do during the gameplay, we always need to think, find soluctions, being criative... that's a great funny!

There's a lot to like about the Zelda franchise for sure...but what specific aspects of it appealed to you to get you into this cool game series? Was it the dungeons, the story, etc.?

I liked the idea that the game's title doesn't pertain the the main character, and that the currency in the land was little gems that come in various colors. I mean, Legend of Link doesn't sound as good as Legend of Zelda. Sorry, fan-fiction people. :rotfl:
The Pokemon, Sableye, would have a fun time in Hyrule, finding many Rupees to gobble up and not leave any for Link to find. On the other hand, Link would love Mega Sableye's huge gem shield because he would think that it's a big Rupee. But I think I'm getting off topic. :p

I like the exploration and story behind the games, since I prefer story-driven games rather than good graphics or whatever kids these days care about. Plus, I like how they made a formula for the series that they aren't afraid to break (Majora's Mask is a perfect example of this). I also like how they all have similar ideas behind the story, yet they are each their own. Ocarina of Time was the one that involved traveling through time, Twilight Princess was a bit dark and travelled through space, and Skyward Sword has Link and Zelda as childhood friends, and has Link traveling between two worlds. Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds involved traveling between light and dark worlds, which were parallel universes. And then there's the oddball Majora's Mask that puts Link in an alternate dimension where the moon is going to destroy the world in three days, and Zelda has pretty much no role in the story (other than the flashback where Link remembers the Song of Time). The Legend of Zelda series is an amazing series and each game is memorable in its own way.

The best thing that I like about the Zelda games is the idea of freely going in an open world discovering the unknown and the rather mind-blowing dungeons of some games and I have always liked the story and especially overworld music . I feel that each Zelda game was carefully made so that it would become a perfection and it is continuing to be like that so I really hope to see more of the better and good excitement

Back