What do you think the "NX" means in Nintendo NX?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm curious.. what do you guys/gals think the "NX" stands for in Nintendo's newest system, the Nintendo NX?

At first I thought it was "next system" for some strange reason ._. but then I remembered the "X" so that didn't really make much sense. I'm pretty sure the "N" stands for one of the following :
  • Next
  • New
  • Nintendo
^ Those are all I could think of for now. I have no idea what the "X" might mean though >.<

I'm certain the N means Nintendo and X means nothing. Yes, X doesn't stand for anything to me :panda: NX is just a codename according to Iwata-san. They probably have yet to come up with the real name.

I am not sure but may n stand for next and may be x stand for some kind of generation word but I am pretty excited to know it real name and I wish it should be close to my prediction:p

According to me, the "X" is just because x sounds knda cool in a codename. X stands for nothing in the NX. N can stand for anything except nintendo as the nintendo NX already has a nintendo in its name and none of nintendo consoles have the company name written in short.

I think its "Nintendo Xtre-mus" :p (wrote it like how it should be spelled). I think it should mean "Nintendo Extreme" console and a "Must have".

I think its "Nintendo Xtre-mus" :p (wrote it like how it should be spelled). I think it should mean "Nintendo Extreme" console and a "Must have".
The same name I had in my mind! I was also thinking that it might be Nintendo Xtreme! :D

It could mean Next, though. But I read an article from Forbes that said something about how Nintendo would need to bring out a new console in the middle of this generation to take over, and now they've actually listened. But it also said that they didn't need to have any new features. It just needed to meet graphic expectations, and be as simple as a Gamecube. Can they pull that off? I doubt it. But I really hope this isn't a replacement for the Wii U, because I literally just got one months ago, and to can it already would make a lot of people angry.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
I think NeXt, but who knows with Iwata's and Miyamoto's wacky humour.

Reactions: Bluefoot
Nintend Next seems to be the most common name to hear, and although it makes since, it is a little boring. I don't think the N stands for Nintendo, because then it'd be the Nintendo Nintendo X. I personally believe it is just a Code Name and the NX means nothing.

Maybe the X is like Roman numerals for 10
It could be the 10th one from Nintendo.
Nes, snes, N64, game cube, game boy, wii, wii u, ds, 3ds. And the 10th is NX Or Nintendo 10

Reactions: Rangercraft123
I doubt the "NX" has any signification. Unlike the other codenames Nintendo has given (WiiU = Project Café, Wii = Revolution, GameCube = Dolphin), I think that, as people said, it might mean next or extreme, but, I do have doubts about it, especially considering the guys at Nintendo's tendency to have fun seeing players speculate what the codenames could mean.

Maybe the next E3 will help though.

Well I would say that there is no definite explanation for this that would be generally true but the most said option is "Next" so that would be a probable answer but I still think it isn't finished yet of the name . Since they are just beginning to work on this console , the name can even change .

My thoughts are "Nexus" "Nintendo Xenon " "Nintendo Xerg "
:p Yeah they probably sound stupid :giggle:

Does the "X" in pokemon X stand for anything? No, but it is just a cool letter (and because it looks like Xerneas). Therefore, the X in NX is just as pointless as the "one" in Xbox one. Though I am pretty sure you have figured out what the N stands for, it could also be just a random letter :p.

Reactions: 18
I think that the N is Nintendo and the X, just like names like "Agent X" or "Project X" has no real meaning. It just sounds cool and unknown and that's it. Even in mathematics the X is assigned to any unknown value.

It's most likely to mean 'next'. Because it's the next big Nintendo console to be released. It's not a very creative name if that's true.

They added the X to make it sound cooler, but I assume it has no meaning whatsoever, so I agree with the majority here. :pompus:

N for Nintendo, X for eXtreme? eXcellent? :p Or maybe NeXt. :cool: The most legit reason I've come up is that, most of the times, people use 'Project X' for a unnamed project. And N is for Nintendo still. :p NX really sound awesome tho.

Since the Nintendo DS (NDS) stands for Nintendo Dual Screen (if I remembered correctly), then X might be some feature of the new console.
It might be X-ray lol
N might just be nintendo, but if it's called Nintendo NX then maybe not... such a hard guess.
But NX together can be pronounced as Next already, so that might be it.

Probably its gonna be called the Nintendo X. The X wouldn't stand for anything, just x. It would probably be cool to play on. I wonder what it would look like. It might be better than the wii u and the 3ds and the new 3ds. I really want to see more information on the no.

New Xenoblade

Shulk is really feeling it. :p

Reactions: Rangercraft123 and Ashkil
I think it'll be Nintendo Xylophone

.. Kidding. :p

I honestly think that it'll just be changed when Nintendo actually releases it to the public for buying, but that's just my thought.

Back