What do you think the "NX" means in Nintendo NX?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Maybe the X is like Roman numerals for 10
It could be the 10th one from Nintendo.
Nes, snes, N64, game cube, game boy, wii, wii u, ds, 3ds. And the 10th is NX Or Nintendo 10
You forgot Virtual Boy, GBA, GBC, and Game&Watch.

my guess is that nx stand for "nexus", there was a rumor some time ago telling the specifications of a console by nintendo that had both a terminal to go to a tv and a terminal that you could take anywhere, but the reasons why i think it's true is because nintendo is realizing that their home consoles are not as popular as they were before, but their portable systems sell as hotcakes, and they also realized that people are more willing to buy a home console when it works alongside the handheld version, plus they would be giving two consoles at the price of one wich would also ensure them sales, so yeah there are lots of reasons

Reactions: faustine
Maybe the X is like Roman numerals for 10
It could be the 10th one from Nintendo.
Nes, snes, N64, game cube, game boy, wii, wii u, ds, 3ds. And the 10th is NX Or Nintendo 10
you forgot the gameboy advance wich is actually diferent from a gameboy, so actually the wii u is the 10th

you forgot the gameboy advance wich is actually diferent from a gameboy, so actually the wii u is the 10th
and the virtual boy and game & watch, but nobody cares about those.

N probably does stand for Nintendo but possibly Next because it is the next thing, the next technology, and X is probably just there because everything cool has to have an X in it, :cool: Like Xbox or something xD

and the virtual boy and game & watch, but nobody cares about those.
right, i forgot the game and watch (wich is curious as mr game and watch is one of my favorites in smash), and the virtua boy, so yeah wii u is 12th

right, i forgot the game and watch (wich is curious as mr game and watch is one of my favorites in smash), and the virtua boy, so yeah wii u is 12th
but honestly, other than that 1 guy who works at Screwattack, I haven't seen anyone who can tolerate the Virtual Boy. So for reputation sake, we'll say the Wii U is 11th.

Nintendo NX either A. stands for "The "10th" (X) Generation" B. NeXt or C. Nothing at all.

Nintendo's Xbox

I don't think it means anything, and that its just a placeholder name for the system. It's like how microsoft referred to the Xbox as code Durango at one point, before ANNOUCING the real name. It's probably gonna be something more familiar, or at least something that makes more sense then just the NX. I mean, the two letters themselves don't really mean much, or at least that I can tell anyways

Does the "X" in pokemon X stand for anything? No, but it is just a cool letter (and because it looks like Xerneas). Therefore, the X in NX is just as pointless as the "one" in Xbox one. Though I am pretty sure you have figured out what the N stands for, it could also be just a random letter :p.
the x in pokemon x stands for the game's mascot, Xerneas.

the x in pokemon x stands for the game's mascot, Xerneas.
I highly doubt that but a good guess nonetheless

Ha, gave me the idea for the 9th generation version of Riivoloution.

You know how Revolution was the codename for the Wii?
Riivoloution was a file patcher for the Wii that allowed the use of mods.

Cafe was Wii U's code name. Guess what they made?

Cafiine.

For the NX, I think it would be called NXtra, seeing how file patchers kind of add extra content for the game

As for the name of the NX it self, I don't think it has any real meaning. Just a codename.

I think NX stands for Nintendo XDS which was a leak from e3 here's a link to the trailer:

Reactions: Bluefoot and Artisan
I think NX stands for Nintendo XDS which was a leak from e3 here's a link to the trailer:
Oh. Mah.
That's incredible! I really hope Nintendo does produce something like that soon! Especially since the end said 2016!

Reactions: CyanJolteon17

Oh. Mah.
That's incredible! I really hope Nintendo does produce something like that soon! Especially since the end said 2016!

As cool as it looks, it's probably fake, although if it weren't I'd definitely get one for myself.

About the NX, I do think it stands for Next, cause, if you pronounce the letter, it kindaaaaaaaa sounds like Next ._. but, it could stand for Nintendo 10 ._. also, it's just a codename, I doubt this would be the actual name of the device.

It's definitely a fake (it's got XD in it's name >.>) but darn it! I really want it to be real! Nintendo!!! THIS. NOW! They'd sell so much they wouldn't be able to produce them fast enough. I the pricetag is okay I'd even buy two. One for playing, one for staying beautiful :p

I thought it could be Nintendo 10, but I'm still looking for any links between 10 and Nintendo.

-Just read that my genius idea has already been taken. Damn it all.

I would hope that it is something like the XDS, but that would be way too expensive. I have no clue what it will be, and I'd rather wait until they give information then argue over rumors and speculation.

Back