What game got you into gaming?

• Thread starter shanic132
  • Start date
shanic132

shanic132

Super Fighting Robot!
Towns Folk
We all enjoy a nice game here and there, whether it'd be on our xbox, ps, or pc. But, have you ever thought about on how you got into gaming? Maybe you just caught up with the generation, or someone introduced you to it, etc. I want to read how you guys came across gaming, of course i'll post mine. ^^

http://forum.3dspedia.com/blog/how-i-got-into-mega-man-legends.1356/

(This story is on my blog and can be a bit long if you're not into reading, it talks about on how i got into gaming and how much i love my childhood game. feel free! ^^)

Reactions: FuredeRika
I believe mine was Pokemon Emerald. I can't exactly remember that far back.

I needed something to spend the time when the weather wasn't too good to play outside, so my parents got me a ZX Spectrum (it was released as PS KID here) and started playing so many games at the same time! They were all awesome! I started mostly with Space Invaders, Color Football, Neutopia and Victory Run! Bonk's Adventure was pretty fun too though and so was Dungeon Explorer! Out of these, I mostly played Space Invaders, so I guess that's what made me start playing games!

Among the games I can remember playing first back in the days (and I mean a really long time ago), I see Mouse Trap on an old Atari computer and Hocus Pocus, on something so old I can't even remember... Then I played a lot of games here and there but the third one that come to my mind me is Jazz Jackrabbit, then Hype the Time Quest and Laura's Happy Adventures.

I believe it was Pokemon Red, I played it on the original Gameboy System. I was a little kid back then, and I was pretty much glued to the game. I feel so old suddenly. ;_;

The Gameboy/game wasn't mine, so the experience was short-lived. It was fun whilst it lasted. Good times, good memories, oh the nostalgia. :love:

SM64.

Pokemon emerald got me in gaming ,i was 6 when i played pokemon emerald first time .My mom gifted me pokemon emerald on my 6th birthday i still remember that i was very happy when i got pokemon emerald as birthday present .I completed the game in about 15 days I loved graphics ,story was kinda boring still i love it .I have completed the game more than 23times (can't remember properly)

Pokemon. My older sister loved the series to death, and whenever she lent my younger self a version of the game and a game boy, I'd play the crap out of it. (Well to be accurate, I walked around towns and fought wild Pokemon. She usually beat every trainer and I wasn't allowed to restart, nor could I figure out how to restart)

My mother got me and my brother a GameBoy color. Baby Blue for me, transparent purple for my brother. The first game we got was Blue/Red respectively. Since that, I got a GameBoy Advance to SP, Playstation, some XBOX, Gamecube, Playstation 2, DS Lite, DSi, some Wii, Playstaion 3, and a 3DS. Nintendo has been a huge part of my life.

Pokemon for me. Once I started playing that, I pretty much picked up other games from there.

When I was 7 I found my dads DS with New super Mario bros in it. When I found it I was more curious than ever and I decided to play with it. I thought it was really fun and ever since then I have been a gamer to this day.

For me, it was one of three games that got me into gaming. I can't remember which one specificaly, but it was either Pokemon Pearl, Pokemon Blue Mystery Dungeon, or Kirby: Squeak Squad.
Pokemon Pearl and Mystery Dungeon were my first actual games. I played them both so much and I loved them a lot. Now I definitely prefer PMD, but Pearl was great and I played it with so many friends.
I think I got Kirby about a year later, and while I already played the other too enough to be considered a "gamer", this was the game that got me to branch out to other genres and franchises, so I thought it was what really introduced me to real "gaming" and not just playing two Pokemon games a ton. Of course, I use the phrases "gamer" and "gaming" loosely, so whatever you want to define it as is fine.

super mario 64 from my uncle and pokemon yellow from my grandparents neighbour. Ofcourse was too young to understand these games back then.

I had 3 games that got me into gaming, Sonic Riders, Dragon ball Z budokai tenkaichi 3, and Sonic heroes. When I was around 6, my dad got me Sonic Riders for my birthday, and I immediately fell in love. I used to play it for hours on end, which, of course, led to me getting more sonic games, like Sonic Heroes, which I could never finish. Twas the best video games I owned as a little child....

The first game that got me hooked and wanting more was mario kart on the wii. I remember my dad bringing it home the day it came out with a wii. We didnt really play the sports games. But, i played mario kart for years and still do. I have played it for 7yrs. Half my age!! Since Then i have been playing countless nintendo games.

You are all going to laugh, but the game that got me started into gaming was the original Dragon Warrior for the NES. i was a kid back when it came out, and i thought the game was amazing. Things have changed so much since then. i slowed down on gaming a bit after that, but when final fantasy 7 game out, it got me started all over in gaming again.

When I was in kindergarten, during summer day care, I remember having a leap frog and absolutely loving it. But eventually everyone around me had DS Lites, so I asked my parents, and after a while, they got me one. My first game was New Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond not long after. I also came after Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and Mario Cart DS.

Pokémon Red was 4 years old cousin gave it to me for free he's 23 I believe now.

Well my first game was Evil Dead: Hail to the King.

video games amaze me, so just about any game would have got me into gaming anyway.

Mine was Pokemon Platinum for the DS since it's practically the first game that I probably invested much hours into. That game made me want to play some other DS games and I remember always watching the television to see if there are new games. Those were such good memories ;_;

Back