What game got you into gaming?

• Thread starter shanic132
  • Start date
I feel so old and gross on this forum. I thought I was young...
PS1 had the biggest impact on me. It's what made me a nerd.

For me, Super Mario Sunshine, it was a great game. Originally my sister had it, but then she ended up not having the time to play it. I kind of adopted the game. The game is great, I love the system, and the graphics are decent for a Gamecube game. I love that game, and it is my favorite game to date. I love Mario Sunshine.

Some weird Plug and Play thing my mum bought me as a child. It was terrible but it got me into gaming

I played a stupid Pong game on the Atari system which was owned by my older brother. I liked it and then the journey began into the exciting world of gaming.

My first game would be super mario advance for the gameboy color :) that game was the first game I ever played i completed it at least 5 times until I lost the cart. :( but I was only 5 so i kinda was not that careful..

Super mario flash games, lol.

I'm not exactly sure what game got me into gaming. I mean, It's always been kind of a thing for me since I was really little? I can't recall how it started though. But my first console was a PS1, And I played some of the Playstation classics like Tenchu 2, Spider-man, Spyro, Medievil 1 & 2, Tarzan, Monkey Magic, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Toys story, Digimon World 3, Bugs Bunny and Taz, Twisted Metal 2, Need for Speed 3 and Ape Escape. I'm pretty sure there's a lot more and I could dig up my old CDs, but I was like 4-5 when I played most so all my memories won't do any good tbh. I'd just be listing down more names. :confused: I do recall bits and pieces from each game though. :giggle:

I guess the first game I played was an arcade machine, I'm not sure tho. What I do remember is that my first console was the Sega Genesis, I had Bomberman game, one starring the Flinstones and another one with the Tiny Toons. Also, my cousin had Sonic the Hedgehog, I guess that was where all of it started :D

My very first game was Dolphin 2600, but it's not really that one that got me into gaming. I'd say it was Charlie's Circus, something like that on the NES, then Mario Bros and Duck Hunt, and Excite Bike!

The first game I put a lot of hours in is... Hmmm... Maybe Super Mario all Stars? Not fully sure about this one though!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first game was Super Mario Bros 3!!!!!!: my dad played it alot.Me and him used to play alot together but then he had to stop.then me and my siblings played it alot.We end up getting the remakes on every Console! I'm even going to remake my favorite world on Super Mario Maker when we get it!

While my first game was Super Mario World, the sonic series got me interested into video games

Reactions: Kakea
Possibly Ape Escape. I can't quite remember, though. xS

Reactions: Kakea
Zelda II or Solstice probably.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, which also happens to be my favorite game of all time. Loved that game to bits and pieces, and still do. It was the first game I ever played, and afterwards, I knew I had to look for other games like it. And that’s how I’m where I am today, lol

I'm not sure but it's somewhere along the likes of Pokémon, Spyro, or Mario.

Super Mario Bros. 3

That was my first look at gaming in general, and it sparked interest in me for gaming. \o/

This one's going to be a mixed opinion, I think it was with the wii and new super mario wii playing it with my dad as a child really got me into gaming. We also played wii party and wii sports resort. Then there was my brother's dsi which had pokemon and a r4 player type thing that played mario kart ds. These are the games that probably influenced me to collect games now.

the first videogame i played was a sonic flash game that was like the sonic advance games, i dont remember the name as a kid i had a lot of fun with it

This one's going to be a mixed opinion, I think it was with the wii and new super mario wii playing it with my dad as a child really got me into gaming. We also played wii party and wii sports resort. Then there was my brother's dsi which had pokemon and a r4 player type thing that played mario kart ds. These are the games that probably influenced me to collect games now.
Even though I've been playing video games for a long time now, what really sealed the deal for me was Super Mario Odyssey. I got it on my birthday (which is January 17) and fell in love with it. Sure I played lots and lots of games before, and some were really good, but looking back, I'm more of a forward thinking person instead of a person who lives in the moment. When I watch a show/movie, I usually think "how are they gonna save the day by the end?" Or "what's the punchline?" other games and shows got me hooked for some one or two hours, but eventually stopped for a while to think about my schedule/planning perhaps a little too much. I always worried a lot about stuff that can go wrong even in situations where there's a very small chance of something bad happening. Some TV shows got me to live in the moment and experience what was happening on screen, but the first time a video game has ever done that to me was with Super Mario Odyssey. I found myself playing for up to 7 hours on rare occasions, and doing multiple playthrough of the game. The game is super fun and changed my mindset, as well as my outlook, about video games to some extent. It definitely made me live in the moment a bit more. Sure, I'm still a worrisome person who tries to think a lot but never really gets to a conclusion, but when I play good games like Super Mario Odyssey, I definitely get immersed in the gameplay. Watching good TV shows or playing good video games CONSUMES me, and makes me forget about stuff that's hard to think about. The TV shows I watch and video games I play is jam packed with tons of intense scenarios and interesting stuff, that it's hard not to be consumed. I look at video games as an experience ever since then instead of a distraction that pulls you away from reality. There really isn't very many differences from the two, but it definitely changed me as a person, and I will forever think of it highly, no matter what any other person says about it.

I played many games on the NES and SNES when I was little, but the one that really made me see what games were capable of was Final Fantasy 6 (FF3 back then). The story, characters, and gameplay really reinstates with me.

Back then, I wasn’t playing any RPGs yet, so I would watch my stepfather at play them and enjoy the story that way. Seeing him play FFVI inspired me to start playing those kinds of games a short time later, and the rest was history. So many great memories of other SNES RPGs and ones on the PS1 especially.

Before that I only knew games to be colorful fun entertainment, which is great but games can be so much more than that. The drama and impact they can have on you emotionally is what keeps certain games lingering in my mind long after playing them.

Back