What Got You Into Smash?

• Thread starter G MAN
  • Start date
It was on the list of Project64 games I had, and Mario was in it, so I started playing it. >w<
Also, I had no idea who the "Samus" guy was, only to find out years later "oh btw, she's a girl. You knew that, right?"
Well, I do now. >w<

The Master Hand fight was really cool. I've always been fond of outer-space-y kinds of things~

Reactions: MindzEye
Super Smash Flash 2, a fangame. It's basically smash bros 16 bit. Final smashes and assiste trophies are present. There are also guest characters like;
Megaman (plays significantly different to his sm4sh varient), bomberman, sora, ichigo, loyd, goku, tails etc

I remember my first contact with smash bros was on a pc. I have a friend who is also fan of smash and was actually him who introduced the game to me. I remember playing long hours on the computer, we played super smash bros 64. Since then, I have been playing smash on the different consoles it was launched, on the gamecube, the wii, the wii u and even the 3ds. My favourite smash version was smash bros brawl.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
Brawl was a little too slow for me, but the original music (im not talking about remixes) was the best in the series

I saw Zero Suit Samus's bikini outfit and I knew I had to play this game.

Reactions: Duffy, Kitsune_Sakura64, Farhaan Raja and 1 other person
My cousin had Smash 64, we always played

Then, I bougth Melee to a neighbour and played it most of secondary school, played Brawl most of Highscool, and Smash 4 since release

I saw Zero Suit Samus's bikini outfit and I knew I had to play this game.
I thought it was the suit she wore under her Vira suit. (She's seen in it briefly when she dies in Super Metroid.)

I thought it was the suit she wore under her Vira suit. (She's seen in it briefly when she dies in Super Metroid.)
That's the one. I just said 'bikini' for short. It's actually a crop top and shorts :D

Technically, my younger brother got me into Smash Bros., when he bought it for the Gamecube. At first, I wasn't eager to buy a game like that (because of violence. I was a lot pacifist back then) but I ended up loving the game after some time, and became one of my favorites. I didin't play competitively but I became a good player back then, now my Smash skills are kind of average...

Honestly, I got into smash while I was hanging out with my cousin when we were young. We played it on his N64 all of the time. I just loved it. He was always better than me but I loved throwing people off of the map. Hahaha.

I played Melee on a friends Gamecube once, back in the day. It sparked my interest for the series. I never actually owned the game when I did manage to buy my own Gamecube, I guess it felt like it's one of those games which I would lose interest in after a short while (this happens with most fighting games I come across). Picked up Brawl on release, though. Much better than Melee. xD

My brother used to play a bunch of emulated games on his pc,so whenever he went out or left his computer unattended i would dash up the stairs and play smash bros for the nintendo 64.So i guess i can thank my brother?

I watched a bunch of tournament videos. Not really sure how I got to watching them, but I was hooked. After that I really wanted the game to see how good I was at it. Maybe even I could enter a tournament like that. When I finally got the game(SSB4 for the 3DS), I realized it was a lot harder and I played nothing like the style of the pros. I mostly just spammed attacks. Eventually I learned how to get some combos and such. I picked out Greninja as a main and practice playing with him frequently. I still get trashed on For Glory, but I can beat a lot of my friends at it now!

Super Smash Flash 1 and 2 made me want to get into the game.

Now I have it on 3DS, maining Ganondorf with a side of Little Mac and Link.

Great game, such a shame that my wifi sucks and so many spammers on For Glory.

I got into Smash after seeing gameplay footage of melee from back in the day. It looked like a really interesting fighting game, one that was different form any other fighting game I had seen. I soon purchased the game, and was instantly enamored with the control scheme, responsive feeling of every attack, and amazing fighting action.

I had always wanted to play Smash after I was at a friends house and we did played/did Machinima for Brawl. I loved it and always wanted to play it on my 3DS, but my Dad said no. Now I have the flash version on my computer and the N64 version on my Raspberry Pi.

My first game was Super Smash Bros. Melee on the GameCube. My cousin that I used to play video games all the time loved it and we used to play together. My dad had to play a good penny for it, but he got his worth from my enjoyment.

Smash was my rebellion game. Mom didn’t like violence, but my moms brothers had smash 64, melee, and eventually brawl. Every now and then I would play smash at my uncles house and at friends houses. One day, we realized something. Mom doesn’t like violence without a purpose. Brawl has a story. Brawl has a purpose. Me and my older brother started to try and convince our parents that smash was ok. At one point when she really wanted us to work on school stuff instead of begging for smash, she told us to go write an essay on why we should have smash in the house. So my brother wrote an essay while i made a presentation. I dunno if we actually convinced them of it, but we worked hard so they could see how much we really wanted it, and we got it later that year.

Hulk smash

Super Smash Bros. Brawl when I got a Wii. I had always heard of the Smash series but didn't try it until I got that game. I loved it.

Back