What Got You Into Smash?

• Thread starter G MAN
  • Start date
Got into smash bros melee with ny cousins and got brawl when it came out on the wii. I have never looked back.

I got into Smash due to the N64 commercial. I just really liked that commercial so I went out and got the game because of it. Family and friends loved playing so I just kept up with the series.

Playing Brawl with my friends on their Wii. I was terrible then and I still am, but at least not as much.

For Me it’s kinda the opposite, I only played mario and a little bit of Pokémon before I got smash brawl. I got into other series like Zelda donkey Kong and Pokémon because of it :)

when i saw for the firt time a smash game when i was a litte child all i thouth was "it have pokemon, mario and sonic, it should be awesome"

I always knew about it, and I always wanted to play it. I had a 3rd at the time. When it was announced for 3rd, I got so excited, because the game idea appealed to me. I watched people on YouTube play smash brawl, and just sat there, jealous! So, I begged my gramps, and soon enough, I got sm4sh3ds

I first was introduced by my cousin who had brawl. Ever since then, I adored the franchise. However, my competitive nature got the better of me, which lead to me learning a truckload about smash itself. A few months later I watched the smash documentary which inspired me to start playing melee. Ever since then I've been a competitive melee player aspiring to make a name for myself one day.

At the time Smash Bros came out, I wasn’t really a Nintendo Fan like I am now. but once I saw trailers of it and saw that Duck Hunt was coming to it. I got really hype and had to find a way to get a Wii U XD

When I was younger, about eight or nine, my dad came home with a copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee and a Narnia sword (which was real by the way, and also very sharp). Apparently, my dad’s good friend had decided to move, so he called up my dad and told him that there was a surprise waiting for him on his driveway. So, my dad drove over to the guy’s house, and found Melee and the sword waiting for him. Ever since then, I have purchased every Smash Bros to date, and I will continue to as long as they are released. Also, this game has very precious memories of my childhood, so no way am I gonna let it go anytime soon. One other thing, this game series also introduced me to all the incredible game series besides Super Mario out there, like Pokémon, Metriod, F-Zero, and more. I’ll never forget what Super Smash Bros has done for me, and I’ll always treasure it.

When I was little I was at a store with my dad. I saw this game called Super Smash Bros Brawl. I said I wanted it and my dad got it for my birthday (which was coming up). Even though it was rated T... I still played it.

When Smash 4 came out for the Wii U I played it and enjoyed it a lot. Smash introduced me to The Legend of Zelda and other fun games.

Back