Mario Kart What is an item you want to burn?

• Thread starter Mario64
  • Start date
I miss the tanooki leaf from Mario kart 7.

I like your picture of that beast.

The item that I hate the most is likely lightning. It is extremely annoying to have your kart shrink and slow down and, if you are in any reasonable place in the race, it takes FOREVER to grow back to full size. Why did Nintendo feel the need to create an item like this. Was it really necessary?

Which items are so annoying that they make you want to jump in your game & smash that item with a sledge hammer? My top 3 is #3: Triple Red Shell #2: Lightning #1: Bomb-omb. GRRR screw these items they're so annoying! Post your top 3 wort items in the comments...please.

Lol, i knew this would be a funny topic! :p i dont particularly have much against the items ive seen in mario kart games, but there a few that i find virtually useless or quite ineffective in general. The first and most notable one is the fake item box, and my reason for this is because it cannot be used to block and/or counter any incoming red shells (which is why the game gives you bananas and green shells while in first place, theyre supposed to act as defensive items here as most probably know), and as many of you more than likely know its too easy to detect which makes it pretty useless in multiplayer since humans have the ability to see if theyre fake or real ones whereas CPUs dont. The only way i can see an actual person hitting these is by coincidence like if they got pushed by someone else in a way that would cause him/her to take the hit no matter what (this has happened to me at times, so i know its possible but should be rather rare in my opinion).

The second item i dont care for much is the thundercloud which makes you small if you dont bump someone before it gets you. If you hit someone else on time though they will take the hit, but unlike the lightning it only hits one person no matter what. Its kinda funny to see that happen, but other than that it wont do much unless youre ahead enough that theres very few people in front of you. I personally feel its of more use than the fake item box, but unlike that getting this item while in first place (and really far ahead) can be kinda a drag as most can imagine. This is rare and usually unlikely to occur, but its still possible and happened to me a few times! :p

Well, I would burn the Bullet Bill, right next to that would be the Blue Shell, both of them are so annoying for almost the same reasons. For example: The Bullet Bill item is so annoying because I might be in 1st and then I get to last (which I think is 8th) and the Blue Shell does the same thing: it makes a explosion on a specific player making them go from leading the game to 8th place!

Well, I would burn the Bullet Bill, right next to that would be the Blue Shell, both of them are so annoying for almost the same reasons. For example: The Bullet Bill item is so annoying because I might be in 1st and then I get to last (which I think is 8th) and the Blue Shell does the same thing: it makes a explosion on a specific player making them go from leading the game to 8th place!

Hehehe, i understand what you're saying and how you feel my friend, but it can't be all bad with those items. :p for example, if you were really lagging behind for any reason it would be quite difficult to catch up a fair amount without the boosting power the bullet bill provides. Yes, the golden mushroom is another thing, but what if you were playing on a place with lots of out of bounds where using the gold mushroom would be kinda tricky to do without falling such as rainbow road? Thats where the bullet bill would clearly be a better item to have since you dont have to worry about driving yourself off a cliff using the gold mushroom! :p

As for the blue shell, i cant say that's all bad either. I will be honest, there were times id play 150cc or above and get first close to the end from CPUs getting hit with that. Yes, i too was hit in similar situations, but as i often tell myself, dont curse the darkness, light a candle! In other words, dont let yourself get frustrated by one or two losses. Instead, keep strong and make the most of it! ;D its better than letting get mad from losing, is it not? :p

Personally, I find the 7/8 Powerup annoying. With blue shell you can recover, but when someone gets 7/8, they get Far ahed, are invincible, can drive in the grass because of the star, and can go from first to last in 5 seconds. I hate this powerup and it ruined every 150CC I attempted.

Back