What is your favorite Nintendo Switch game?

• Thread starter Shiny
  • Start date
Splatoon 2 lol. I've put too many hours into it. Its still not my most played game tho (don't ask).

Definitely BOTW. My most played game at 155 hours, absolutely phenomenal game.
Although Splatoon is at 145 hours, I would have had more hours in it than zelda by now if I had the online service.
Splatoon is also really great though.

Reactions: Leej07
I would say that these are my new Top 3 favorite titles for the Switch.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Since last year, I managed to beat the main story-line quests for BOTW, but haven't
gotten around to the DLC yet. I've heard it's a bit lackluster this time around, but I'll definitely try it soon.
Super Mario Odyssey is probably one of the freshest new Mario titles out there right now
(haven't gotten Super Mario Party yet, but I will soon!) As for Starlink: Battle for Atlas, regardless of it not
being a Starfox game, just playing as Fox McCloud during the main story campaign alone kicks it up a notch,
not to mention the custom soundtrack that plays during his own story missions (the icing on the cake)!
Of course, the only downside to that game is not having all the ships and pilots, but I'm not worried about that...yet.

Reactions: Leej07
I'd say Smash Ultimate. The only other game I own is MK8DX and I haven't played it yet but if it's just like the Wii U one it's less unique besides the free DLC added and the possible coin in the item boxes seems very frustrating. In Smash Ultimate it's just a better Smash 4 with better graphics AND the same portability from the 3DS game and more characters so what more could you ask for. That type of depth and added unique soundtracks is just unrivaled by any other 1st party game. It would be like there's every MK track, racer, kart, and feature in 8 Deluxe just to match it.

So I'm gonna be an odd one here and say my favourite game on switch is Warframe. The fact that a game could looks so good, handle so well and be so immersive on the switch is unreal, it shouldn't be possible. Adding in the fact that it is free is just double unreal.

Reactions: Kamehameha, P2.0 and AricAttack
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is one of my fave Switch games because I can watch and play as any fighters that has been in the Smash. It also combines 3DS version's portability aspect with several nice things from Wii U version like 8-player Smash, so it's really the definitive Smash for me.

Splatoon 2 without a doubt. *^* Even though I haven't played it in a while, it's still one of my favorite games Nintendo made for Switch. I just can't get enough of those Inklings and Octolings! X3

And Warframe is a REAL close second to that. Once you understand how stuff works, everything'll be so much fun! The melee weapons,the guns, your pets, helper sentient, and the story itself. :artist: All of it's a masterpiece. Plus the Lotus. Always help the Lotus. *^*

For me probably pokemon let's go Pikachu

for multiplayer: smash bros ultimate
to play alone: either fire emblem three houses or xenoblade 2 ,i cant choose between those two

Right now it’s Splatoon 2, i love the combat in the game and my favorite thing about the game is both salmon run and the octo expansion. And the music in the game is amazing

it's xenoblade chronicles 2 For me,I played this game more than 90 hours!

Reactions: KalTurahk
Surprisingly, I enjoy Tetris 99 (especially the online mode), however, I can never really sink many hours into it. Likewise, Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe were great games for the Nintendo Switch, really highlighting the improvements within Nintendo games over time. However, my overall number one Switch game (so far) is Splatoon 2. It has a seriously addictive co-op mode with a visually striking display of the game. I also enjoy the 8-player game modes online and can keep playing for probably, more than any other game. These features, along with other extensive modes, leads me to being overly content with the game, dismissing all of it's minor issues online. However, to contradict this idea, I believe that Super Mario Maker 2 (when I eventually buy it) will become my favorite Switch game. Super Mario Maker was absolutely fantastic, even on the limited 3DS (despite the inability to share levels). And, now that there will be a better version of the game, even better than the Wii U version, I'm left desperately wanting the game once I've finished unnecessarily procrastinating. I REALLY cannot wait to play Super Mario Maker 2.

FORTNITE

Last edited by a moderator:
My fav game is Smash Bros Ultimate. Cause who doesn't love seeing their favorite Nintendo and or guest characters duking it out?

Pokémon shield

Mine is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Even though I haven't got the Challenger packs yet, it's still a fun game.

As of right now, it's Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I started off slow with it but I've warmed to it more. The characters from the Black Eagles house have a great story.

I can see this changing in a couple months though :sdn

Botw, and fire emblem are my top choise, any good rpg, but zelda and fire emblem are my perfects games

Octopath Traveler was a brilliant addition to the JRPG collection.

Lots of Splatoon 2 love. It’s a great game. I was disappointed they already cut out the events, though.. Maybe we will see a Splatoon 3 in the Switch lifecycle?

As for me, though, it has to be Breath of the Wild. I always gush about it when I talk about it. As I’ve already mentioned in another post, it brought me out of a gaming slump/funk and made me fall in love with games again. It’s tied with Mass Effect 2 for my second favorite game of all time, as well. I would say that Animal Crossing: New Horizons has a chance to surpass it, but as much as I love Animal Crossing and as amazing as the new game looks, I don’t think anything has a chance to surpass BotW for me. Truly an incredible game and I’m thankful that I was around to play it and that I gave it a chance even though I was never an LoZ fan prior.

Back