What made you start watching anime?

• Thread starter Sketch
  • Start date
Sketch

Sketch

The Freshest SquidKid Around
Towns Folk
Me my friend kept on telling me to watch sword art online. So i finally gave in and started watching it. After that t was Aot and then Naruto. So what made you start watching anime?

I was looking around netflix for something to watch and I found Attack on Titan. My friends said it was good and I had nothing else to do so I decided to watch it. Best decision of my life.

I grew up with DBZ and Pokemon - these were the days that nobody ever really thought about the distinction between western and eastern cartoons. Heck, I didn't even know Speed Racer was an eastern cartoon. I watched Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon on Saturday mornings too. Does anime still get put on as Saturday morning cartoons?

I was a kid in the late 90s and early 2000s when Toonami was at its best, so I had exposure to the stuff they played on that as well. Around 2005 or 2006 or so I watched the anime shown during Adult Swim (this was before Toonami had become a part of it), which was stuff like .hack//SIGN, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo.

Reactions: dwikrid
I watched the first two episodes of Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) in the Nintendo Eshop and figured I'd watch some ore to see what the hype was about. I was pretty bored so I binge watched all episodes in one weekend. It was pretty good. Not as great as I hoped it would be, but I wouldn't call it a lost weekend. :p

"Yu-Gi-Oh!", "Dragon Ball Z" and old issues of "Shonen Jump" were what got me into anime, as they were what I watched when I was younger. My first real "anime", not counting the stuff on CN and Fox was "Sword Art Online", which I guess was what really got me into the kind of anime I watch today.

After watching a Nintendo Direct April the 4th, they announced that because of the AoT 3ds game that launched later that year, they put the two first episodes of the anime out on the eShop. Since I were curious, I watched them both and got hooked. After watching the rest of Attack on Titan, I started watching more.

I started watching Inazuma Eleven on TV. I got hooked, wanted to keep watching the episodes and started watching the series on my computer, then eventually caught up with the series. I then went on to watch Fairy Tail and soon I began making friends with other anime watchers, who gave me reccomendations on what to watch.

I guess those occurences are what made me me :]

Because it's the only good stuff on TV (beside documentary).

My dad told me to watch Sword Art Online. I really liked the show so, I finished the whole season in about a week. Afterwards I wanted to watch other anime like Naruto, AoT, Bleach, and FairyTail.

Just by recommendations, knowing there can still be a lot of crap out there (in terms of mentally scarring because I'm sensitive) I study the main plot of it and then observe it. Yes, anime is a science and it might as well be considered a social one and then again I don't want to fill my head with useless knowledge so I try to not watch it all the time unless I consider I should finish it because it keeps me thinking more than the general public some times like a good book/manga.

After watching a Nintendo Direct April the 4th, they announced that because of the AoT 3ds game that launched later that year, they put the two first episodes of the anime out on the eShop. Since I were curious, I watched them both and got hooked. After watching the rest of Attack on Titan, I started watching more.
Same here :)

I was senselessly wandering through YouTube one day, watching Mario plush videos. Later in the day I stumbled upon a Mario and Luigi-type of anime movie. I decided to watch it, and it was absolutely amazing lol. Back then I had no clue what the word "anime" meant (I also thought that it was pronounced ' uh - nime ' xD), so I looked up the word. I intended to watch more anime after that, but it wasn't until 2 years later when I really began watching anime. I started off with a weird-ish anime titled kiss x sis (It looked child friendly at first... boy was I wrong :hilarious:).

Reactions: 532
I simply came to it. When i was little, I always watched pokemon. Once I got bored of it, I stopped for a long time. I suddenly got interested again because of all the series there is for anime. I heard so many good things about sword art online, so I watched that first, then I got interested into one piece, fairy tail, and other anime. Anime is truly amazing.

I think I saw an ad for the Pokemon series on a kids' TV channel (the first one when it first aired) and that got me into the whole anime craze. I had bought some trading cards as well to further my interest. I'm been a fan of Pokemon ever since, although the newer series weren't anything special. xD

My brother got me into anime! He told me Fairy Tail was good, and told me I should watch it. I did, and I enjoyed it a lot. After watching the majority of it, I had heard Naruto was amazing. So, I started watching Naruto. Naruto was amazing! And now I'm moving onto Shippuden, soon.

A friend of my watched it and a girlfriend of my matched it, so I asked them what they would recommend me to watch, and once you begin, no never can go back to the way it was, and I dont wanna go back either :D

I believe my cousins got me started watching anime.I think the very first anime I watched was DBZ back when it was on day time tv because that was my show after I got off of the bus, then it went to the Inyuasha because they had that on DVD after that they watched me throughout the summer vacations and they had Mobile Fighter G Gundam(binged watched that for a week) then they had one called S-cry-ed and that was like the best thing I've seen up till then. Then I got started off thinking of S-cry-ed again about 6 years layer, whacked it again then I went into some of the mainstream ones like fairy tail and now I can't go back to regular tv

Well even though I'm 12 my cousin and my uncle got me into anime such as sonic x DBZ DB DBGT(not canon) full metal jacket inyuyasha sword art online naurto

Anime sucks, Japenese cartoons are better!

Reactions: SSJKID21
Well, I was an active member of some old Pokemon forums, and there were a lot of anime people on them. Plus, I was an active member of the Nanowrimo community, and when I recognized Tokyo Mew Mew, which I don't really consider as me getting into anime because I had no clue what it was when I was five, another person told me to watch Madoka Magica. I want to punch that person because they said it would be cute and happy, and I believed them 'cause I was like 8 at the time and I trusted everyone.

Back