What made you start watching anime?

• Thread starter Sketch
  • Start date
What got me into anime, that's a good question. I got into it from one of my friends but I wasn't that big of a fan of it but ever since I joined pedia people got me into it and I watched more, more and more as I continued on this website so I have the Pedia members to thank for getting me into it. So thanks pedia!

I live in Romania in a country side...to say it like that and we got Internet here like 8 years ago and the 1st anime I saw on tv on our National television was Sailor Moon, after that we got Dragon Ball this was like in 1997 or 1998 when I was like 7-8 years old after those to anime we got in 2003 or 2004 Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, Digimon and I didn't even know the term anime back then ... we only knew they had something in common and me and my friends were crazy about DB and DBZ after that we got A+ and I saw Inuyasha, Yuyu-Hakusho, Slayers, Tokyo Mew Mew [not a big fan but it was there] Pokemon 'till episode 50 or so and after that repeat I think I saw those episodes 5 times and when I got I'net connection I found out more about the anime and I started watch all kinds of anime the 1st anime I saw it full was Ouran High School Host Club and after that many more !!

I started with speed racer with my dad as a kid. I also had brothers who watched DBZ, Zatch Bell, Yu-Gi-Oh, basically toonami stuff. I was kinda dead, except for beyblade, until I saw a commercial for AOT. After that it went to SAO, Kill la Kill, Death Note, and a bunch of others. Anime has been with me my whole life so far and I'm glad it has

Bro for me my friend was like watch SAO Idk why but that seems to be one the most common first anime besides pokemon (which I never watched), I told him no it was to long to get him off my back, so he said watch angel beats its 13 episodes long, and damn that show has got me really into anime i wont go and list what ive seen because that would take to long.

Bro for me my friend was like watch SAO Idk why but that seems to be one the most common first anime besides pokemon (which I never watched), I told him no it was to long to get him off my back, so he said watch angel beats its 13 episodes long, and damn that show has got me really into anime i wont go and list what ive seen because that would take to long.
If you didn't know, you can use sites like Myanimelist and Hummingbird to track what anime series you've seen, what anime series you are currently watching, plan to watch, which are on hold and which you've dropped.

I don't know really but i watched naruto when i was 7 and i liked it, after i was looking for anime like this and i found sword art online, pokemon,dragon ball, accel world,kuroko's basket,fairy tail and one piece.
I never stopped it and i think i'll never too.
I hope there will be many new in the future.

If you didn't know, you can use sites like Myanimelist and Hummingbird to track what anime series you've seen, what anime series you are currently watching, plan to watch, which are on hold and which you've dropped.
cool thanks man!!!

Honestly I don't know...I just know I like five or six watching it all the time. Though I mainly consisted of Sailor Moon, Hamtaro, Pokémon, and Cardcaptors. I also remember watching Cowboy Bebop and Inu Yasha

Neon Genesis Evangelion. I mean, I watch Yu-Gi-Oh and Dragon Ball before then, but I didn't really start watching anime untill I watched Evangelion.

"After watching Cory in The House, I was hooked on Animu."

First Anime I watched from beginning to end was Deathnote. I liked it a lot. I never thought that, what I'd thought were cartoons at the time, could have such real-world elements. Avatar: The last Airbender was the only cartoon that actually had details like that, but even it had elements from the east.

I'd seen anime on t.v as a kid before but I felt like it was something I shouldn't be watching. When I was around 9-10 I saw Fma appear on Adult Swim (I thought Cartoon Network was still on) one time and there was a lot of blood and fire. (thanks Mustang) And I was so scared I didn't watch much.

After watching Deathnote at an older age, I googled what I could watch next. Got into the big three, and binged some others. Hunter x Hunter, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, Akame ga Kill, and so on. Fma Brotherhood too of course (honorable mention).

If I had to pick a favorite though, for me it'd be Hunter X Hunter hands down.

I think it was Card Captor Sakura. When I was a kid, it started airing in the morning. It was right before the bus to school so it was sort of my alarm clock to go take the bus? It was so cute and I loved it so much, Sakura had cute costumes each episode =3

Pokémon was around that time also? I stopped watching animes for a while until I was about 16-17 I'd say, when it was easier to find them on the Internet.

Ever since I was a young kid my parents watched anime(they still do) and I started off by watching the entire DBZ series (at that time which was until DBZ GT). After that I saw Pokemon and from there I saw Full Metal Alchemist and now I've seen so many anime I stopped counting after Death Note and Attack on Titan. I only really watch it on my free time or when I'm bored.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) is an amazing anime: RECOMMENDED :thumbsup:

Ever since I was a young kid my parents watched anime(they still do) and I started off by watching the entire DBZ series (at that time which was until DBZ GT). After that I saw Pokemon and from there I saw Full Metal Alchemist and now I've seen so many anime I stopped counting after Death Note and Attack on Titan. I only really watch it on my free time or when I'm bored.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) is an amazing anime: RECOMMENDED :thumbsup:
your parents sound awsome. all mine do is tell me its for children then complain about blood/swearing/ and boobs. im sick of having to put up with that hypocrisy. Ide give just about anything to sit down and peacefully watch an anime with my family.

Back