What should the Wii U have been named?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
What do you believe would have been a better name for the Wii U?

I say it should have been called the Nintendo Stream or Nintendo Duo.

WiiStream

Wii DS! :D

For some strange reason, I thought someone would have posted "Wii 2" lol :rotfl:

I like Wii Nexus but I'm okay with Wii U, ;)

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx and Kaynil
No, WiiDS is the best name, obviously.
tumblr_lvjr64QHtN1qk7hwl.png

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx
Nintendo Wii Cool?

I think that Wii U is an OK name, but they should have given it an altogether new name to avoid the confusion that caused such a loss in sales to Nintendo (many people didn't think it was a whole new console).

I think they should have called it just the Nintendo U.

Reactions: Kaynil and Chaox
I think they should have taken the word 'wii' out of it entirely.

I think they should have taken the word 'wii' out of it entirely.

If they wanted to make a hardcore console... yes, because Wii for a lot of gamers mean "casual"

If they wanted to make a hardcore console... yes, because Wii for a lot of gamers mean "casual"
I just don't think they should have recycled the Wii's name like that. I mean, it isn't like they made a GameCube64.

I just don't think they should have recycled the Wii's name like that. I mean, it isn't like they made a GameCube64.

Wii = We = Family
Wii U = We and You = For families (casual) and you (hardcore)

Wii = We = Family
Wii U = We and You = For families (casual) and you (hardcore)
Nintendo really needs to add some new "hook" to their consoles, something better than the letter 'U'.

With the GameCube to Wii, everyone wanted to get it because it seemed like, and was, an entirely different console. With the Wii to Wii U, some people don't even realize that it is a new console. It isn't even that different, really. The main difference is the game pad, and almost no games give that a new, innovative use that completely changes the game. In the end the only big change is the games, which are mostly sequels.

Reactions: Kaynil
Transformed Wii - Buy it in stores today!

Transformed Wii - Buy it in stores today!

Hasbro will sue Nintendo with that name XD

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx and Reece
I think that Wii U is an OK name, but they should have given it an altogether new name to avoid the confusion that caused such a loss in sales to Nintendo (many people didn't think it was a whole new console).

I think they should have called it just the Nintendo U.
You have a point. I think they're trying to establish a "Wii" brand but that didn't work very well, like it would for Microsoft or Sony, because they've always done things other than games -- Many Westerners are unaware that Nintendo is the oldest (believing that it was established by the NES) and not a company that's been around for over a century.

In that case, it would be Nintendo Wii 256 :bookworm:
I would take that as a insult.
It was a joke on how the NGC and later consoles have been 32-bit.

Back