What should the Wii U have been named?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
The Wii U. Because there is nothing wrong with it's name.

I really couldn't care less. If they have to keep the name "Wii" in it, I like Wii U.

Nintendo Wii OP. Because compared to the Nintendo Wii, the Wii U is definitely an OP system :p I mean, so many things it can do that its predecessor couldn't....

But honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with the name. It's better than, oh I don't know, Xbox One

Nintendo Wii OP. Because compared to the Nintendo Wii, the Wii U is definitely an OP system :p I mean, so many things it can do that its predecessor couldn't....

But honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with the name. It's better than, oh I don't know, Xbox One

Lol that is a good name too... I changed my mind on what I would have rather called it... I would have rather called it Fusion Terminal :p (Wii Nexus is a good name too. Hey what about Nexus Fusion! Buy it in stores today!)

How about Wii HD?

I feel like it should've been named the Nintendo Duo to make it less confusing for people cause people kept thinking it was a wii addon instead of thinking it's a new console. Plus Nintendo Duo makes sense cause it's two screens. Plus the name Nintendo duo sounds catchy much like the name Nintendo switch does.

Reactions: Mizunil
Maybe just something simple like Wii DS or some kind of clever way to say “tablet”. That would have at least been better than tacking a U at the end of their last console’s name. I think it made people believe that it was just another version of the Wii, so people weren’t inclined to search it out in stores for their kids because they already had a Wii at home. It’s similar to how they added “new” to the 3DS name and called it a day.

I would say they could have called it a Switch, but that name fits their newest console better.

Nintendo 64

The Flop

Wii Dual

Wii 2

Reactions: Duffy
For some strange reason, I thought someone would have posted "Wii 2" lol :rotfl:

I like Wii Nexus but I'm okay with Wii U, ;)
They did.

Also WaWii because it would be a reference to Wario and would be pronounced like wowie because the games would amaze you. I also think Game and Wario was one of the first titles anyways so it would just click.

They did.

Also WaWii because it would be a reference to Wario and would be pronounced like wowie because the games would amaze you. I also think Game and Wario was one of the first titles anyways so it would just click.
hey

hey

WiiWii

HAHAHAHAHA

WiiS4 (Wii station 4)
Or
WBox

Reactions: Jisenku
Reactions: Mizunil
Nintendo Nitro

Nintendo Nitro
Introducing Nintendo Nitro, the subscription service that totally didn't steal its name from Discord Nitro!

Introducing Nintendo Nitro, the subscription service that totally didn't steal its name from Discord Nitro!
omg no

Wii 2, my personal preference. Maybe Super Wii or something.

Or something unrelated to the wii. It seems too much like a mid-generation upgrade. It wasn't, it was a new console, but whole problem was Nintendo didn't want to separate the public's perception of the new console with the old (because the wii was so successful). Ultimately it didn't work, and the success of the Wii didn't carry over. They should have either completely cut bait and made a straight new system, or made it the next system in the Wii line entirely, not used the name of the old console in a confusing way that made it seem like it wasn't a new console (Wii 2 is clearly a new system. Wii U could mean anything: an add on, a game, a controller. It was too confusing).

Reactions: Jisenku
I don't understand the hate or flop behind the Wii U. People got mad because it wasn't the same thing? But... You can connect Wii remotes to it and play Wii games on it????? It makes me feel so lost. The Wii U is such a neat little console and it doesn't deserve the hate it gets. I wish I had more games on it, but a few of them I grabbed on Switch before realizing they were originally Wii U games, and there just doesn't seem to be a lot on it. There's a lot of potential in the Wii U. The design of the Switch very clearly came from the Wii U, but the system is neat and has its own type of usage that the Switch can't offer - namely having the separate pad with touch screen and stylus! The potential to have 3/DS games on it is phenomenal. Don't get me wrong, I love my Switch more than anything, but the Wii U deserved more, and the Joycons, while cool, don't put in the work. :c

...something unrelated to the wii. It seems too much like a mid-generation upgrade. It wasn't, it was a new console, but whole problem was Nintendo didn't want to separate the public's perception of the new console with the old (because the wii was so successful). Ultimately it didn't work, and the success of the Wii didn't carry over. They should have either completely cut bait and made a straight new system, or made it the next system in the Wii line entirely, not used the name of the old console in a confusing way that made it seem like it wasn't a new console (Wii 2 is clearly a new system. Wii U could mean anything: an add on, a game, a controller. It was too confusing).
This makes more sense to me. I had such a hard time understanding the logic behind the anger. Good post!

Reactions: Duffy
Back