What should the Wii U have been named?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
It was a joke on how the NGC and later consoles have been 32-bit.

I was joking too... :p

Nintendo 1080.

Nintendo 1080.

If you are talking about resolution, Wii U is 720 native. Of course it can play 1080p games, but the native one is 720p... like the PS3 for example.

If you are talking about resolution, Wii U is 720 native. Of course it can play 1080p games, but the native one is 720p... like the PS3 for example.
Nintendo 1080 it is.

Reactions: Kaynil
Another name can be Nintendo GameRoom :p

Because it can play 1080p games.

*dumb question :p*

Reactions: Onett
Wii Kid

It is win-win. It keeps the kiddy profile and the we're joking, guys approach. :wacky:
Too far? Sorry... the imp inside of me sometimes acts before I can stop it.

Wii Kid

It is win-win. It keeps the kiddy profile and the we're joking, guys approach. :wacky:
Too far? Sorry... the imp inside of me sometimes acts before I can stop it.

Mmm... Wii Kid "Icarus" edition :D

Reactions: Kaynil
The 3DS should've been "N64 3D". :p

In all seriousness. i too wish it didn't have Wii on its name since it is a new console, even if it uses WiiMotes. I like the Nintendo "Stream" idea. Duo fits but it makes me think on the DS double screen instead of the gamepad/Tv.

I think they should have called it just the Nintendo U.

I like the Nintendo U idea, but I don't mind the Wii U name at all.

The Big N

Big Daddy U.

Nintendo PadPlay (NPP)

It shouldn't have Wii in the name. I know that confused so many people and I'm sure people are still convinced it's just another version of the Wii. They need to get rid of the Wii name entirely for their next console. The Nintendo U would be a pretty good name in my opinion, just anything without 'Wii' in it. :p

If we cant have a good idea for the Wii U i am sure the people at Nintendo are having a hard time too, the name Wii U is good why do people get confuse anyway and how is it possible??

If we cant have a good idea for the Wii U i am sure the people at Nintendo are having a hard time too, the name Wii U is good why do people get confuse anyway and how is it possible??
The name is kinda weird.

People get confused because they think it's a tablet for the Wii. I've even heard actual hardcore gamers get them confused, and people actually actively try to convince others that it's not a new console, with many calling it "a matter of opinion" somehow. There are, in fact, many people who don't know it's a new console, with new hardware, and not an extension of the Wii.

the wii 2

Reactions: Duffy
I would call it something like... U Play 2 or something... I do not know. Now that name sounds like it kind of sucks.

Hasbro will sue Nintendo with that name XD

Hahaha so true! What if they called it something like Transformer Wii. IDK.

Back