What type of Mario game do you like best?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date

Favorite type of Mario game?

• 3D Console Game (Galaxy, Sunshine, etc.)

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Classic 2D Sidescrolling (Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros 2, etc.)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Mario Kart

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Mario RPG (Super Mario RPG,

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
The Mario franchise has evolved a lot from the classic 2D Sidescrolling game it used to be. Now we've got games like Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, etc. that are radically different from the games of old. Which ones do you prefer and why?

I would have chosen Super Mario Galaxy if I have played it :jawdrop: , but anyways Super Mario RPG games have a huge amount of content and the gameplay is really detailed I enjoyed playing Mario and Luigi Partners in time.

I would have chosen Super Mario Galaxy if I have played it :jawdrop: , but anyways Super Mario RPG games have a huge amount of content and the gameplay is really detailed I enjoyed playing Mario and Luigi Partners in time.
Yeah, I agree in that the Mario RPG games are legit. Super Mario RPG for SNES was also a pretty good one and the Paper Mario series is known for being awesome. With that said though, Nintendo did a great job with Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

Yeah, I agree in that the Mario RPG games are legit. Super Mario RPG for SNES was also a pretty good one and the Paper Mario series is known for being awesome. With that said though, Nintendo did a great job with Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Never played any of the Paper Mario games from the series but have yet to try Super Mario Galaxy and Mario and Luigi Dream team would be second rpg game though.

Never played any of the Paper Mario games from the series but have yet to try Super Mario Galaxy and Mario and Luigi Dream team would be second rpg game though.
Dream Team from what I hear made up for aspects that Sticker Star completely failed on. If you ever get the chance, I'd recommend trying Paper Mario TTYD though

Dream Team from what I hear made up for aspects that Sticker Star completely failed on. If you ever get the chance, I'd recommend trying Paper Mario TTYD though
Nah I'd rather buy a game with Mario and Luigi in it which is Mario and. Luigi Dream team I never liked paper Mario games I don't know why anyways xD.

Nah I'd rather buy a game with Mario and Luigi in it which is Mario and. Luigi Dream team I never liked paper Mario games I don't know why anyways xD.
First person I've encountered that doesn't like Paper Mario lol In any case, have you tried Superstar Saga? It's a GBA Mario and Luigi RPG that involves the Beanbean Kingdom

First person I've encountered that doesn't like Paper Mario lol In any case, have you tried Superstar Saga? It's a GBA Mario and Luigi RPG that involves the Beanbean Kingdom
Didn't really try a lot of Mario games anyway that's cool I'm the first person you've encountered xD I've heard superstar saga is fun game I might download it on my computer xD.

Didn't really try a lot of Mario games anyway that's cool I'm the first person you've encountered xD I've heard superstar saga is fun game I might download it on my computer xD.
When I say first person I've encountered, I mean first one that doesn't like Paper Mario lol Not first one actually encountered.

Anyways, definitely try out Superstar saga sometime lol

I like most of the 2D platformer it very fun to play although it can get chalanging, the best thing about them is the control response wich is nearly perfect .

I like most of the 2D platformer it very fun to play although it can get chalanging, the best thing about them is the control response wich is nearly perfect .
yeah, with the older games they were more simple which allowed for less lag with the controls I guess. With the newer games there's a lot more precision and such involved which can get annoying.

I like the open world games in the Super Mario series, like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, mostly because I grew up playing the open world games more than the side-scrolling and the spin-off titles.

I like the open world games in the Super Mario series, like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, mostly because I grew up playing the open world games more than the side-scrolling and the spin-off titles.
yeah, that's understandable. Personally, Super Mario Galaxy (and 2 I guess from what I've seen) is definitely one of the best games in the whole franchise and they really did a great job with the open world thing there.

Reactions: Kryce
The Mario franchise has evolved a lot from the classic 2D Sidescrolling game it used to be. Now we've got games like Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, etc. that are radically different from the games of old. Which ones do you prefer and why?

I like the 3D Mario Games the best because they give you a greater perspective on the Mario World. It also makes you feel like you are there in the game, since it's Three-Dimensional like the universe we live in. Out of all the 3D Mario games, the Super Mario Galaxy Series would have to be my favorite because it demonstrates the 3D aspect better than any other game.

I like the main Mario platformers...because hop and bop is my type of game, and it always will be. Plus I tend to like the main series of any game franchise the best, as I gotta get into the whole in order to call myself a fan.

You forgot to put Mario Sport games.

Mine is Mario Kart, solely for the purpose of replay value. Trying to beat your friends time trials is fun ^^

Reactions: Heart
I love them all! Mario Kart probably more because of the replay value.

I like the 3D Mario Games the best because they give you a greater perspective on the Mario World. It also makes you feel like you are there in the game, since it's Three-Dimensional like the universe we live in. Out of all the 3D Mario games, the Super Mario Galaxy Series would have to be my favorite because it demonstrates the 3D aspect better than any other game.
I agree on Super Mario Galaxy, and imagine if they made a Super Mario Galaxy 3D or something like that for the 3DS. I bet it'd be a must buy given the awesome visuals and soundtrack the game has had...

You forgot to put Mario Sport games.
Mine is Mario Kart, solely for the purpose of replay value. Trying to beat your friends time trials is fun ^^
Oh, like Mario Strikers Charged? Yeah, idk how I didn't think of that one.

I agree on Super Mario Galaxy, and imagine if they made a Super Mario Galaxy 3D or something like that for the 3DS. I bet it'd be a must buy given the awesome visuals and soundtrack the game has had...

I wouldn't necessarily say it should be made for the 3DS, I mean, yeah the 3D and all would look awesome, but the 3DS still has its limits. For a game like Super Mario Galaxy to be made on the 3DS would require a lot of time (probably more time than it should). Nintendo would have to change a lot of the controls such as the spin move Mario can do if you shake the Wii remote. With everything Nintendo has been innovating lately, it's very possible to make an SMG on the 3DS that is just as good as the other two on Wii. But Sadly, I think everyone has gotten over Super Mario Galaxy.

Last edited:
@OopaMazo I think you made an error with the quote thing. I'd suggest rechecking your comment

Back