What type of Mario game do you like best?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date

Favorite type of Mario game?

• 3D Console Game (Galaxy, Sunshine, etc.)

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Classic 2D Sidescrolling (Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros 2, etc.)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Mario Kart

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Mario RPG (Super Mario RPG,

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
Lol whoops, fixed it.

Reactions: ShinyLatios
I wouldn't necessarily say it should be made for the 3DS, I mean, yeah the 3D and all would look awesome, but the 3DS still has its limits. For a game like Super Mario Galaxy to be made on the 3DS would require a lot of time (probably more time than it should). Nintendo would have to change a lot of the controls such as the spin move Mario can do if you shake the Wii remote. With everything Nintendo has been innovating lately, it's very possible to make an SMG on the 3DS that is just as good as the other two on Wii. But Sadly, I think everyone has gotten over Super Mario Galaxy.
Yeah, the 3DS has its limits, but keep in mind that they were able to make a 3DS port for Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Yeah true, they'd have to change some of the controls, but you never know what they could do with that. DKCR also had the Wiimote thing going for it when it came to pounding on certain interactable objects in the environment.

Not everyone has gotten over it, some really want a Super Mario Galaxy 3, for example. Also, there'll be a Super Mario Galaxy stage in SSB4 to give you an idea...

Yeah, the 3DS has its limits, but keep in mind that they were able to make a 3DS port for Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Yeah true, they'd have to change some of the controls, but you never know what they could do with that. DKCR also had the Wiimote thing going for it when it came to pounding on certain interactable objects in the environment.

Not everyone has gotten over it, some really want a Super Mario Galaxy 3, for example. Also, there'll be a Super Mario Galaxy stage in SSB4 to give you an idea...

You are right about DKCR, but the quality of the game has diminished, but thankfully was backed up by the extra features that Nintendo put in. Idk, I'm definitely not over the Super Mario Galaxy Series, if that's what you were thinking. If Nintendo does decide to make another Galaxy, they better make it on Wii U instead of 3DS.

You are right about DKCR, but the quality of the game has diminished, but thankfully was backed up by the extra features that Nintendo put in. Idk, I'm definitely not over the Super Mario Galaxy Series, if that's what you were thinking. If Nintendo does decide to make another Galaxy, they better make it on Wii U instead of 3DS.
I wasn't claiming you're over the Super Mario Galaxy series, I was just saying that you may not be the only one that hasn't got over it.

Yeah, I can understand the reasoning for Wii U. Maybe they could take the Sonic route and offer for both consoles?

I wasn't claiming you're over the Super Mario Galaxy series, I was just saying that you may not be the only one that hasn't got over it.

Yeah, I can understand the reasoning for Wii U. Maybe they could take the Sonic route and offer for both consoles?

Doing that would take a while, but I know they could do that. But it would make more sense just to put it on the Wii U since super Mario Galaxy is a home console game. But now this reminds me of what they are doing with Super Smash Bros. 4, which is originally a home console game as well.

Doing that would take a while, but I know they could do that. But it would make more sense just to put it on the Wii U since super Mario Galaxy is a home console game. But now this reminds me of what they are doing with Super Smash Bros. 4, which is originally a home console game as well.
yeah, and while it's a home console game it'd be pretty nice to be able to play it on the go, you know? Not to mention the timing would be perfect if they made a Super Mario Galaxy 3 for the 3DS, because it could be called Super Mario Galaxy 3D

yeah, and while it's a home console game it'd be pretty nice to be able to play it on the go, you know? Not to mention the timing would be perfect if they made a Super Mario Galaxy 3 for the 3DS, because it could be called Super Mario Galaxy 3D

Haha, i never thought of that. That's a coincidence. Yeah, but I think right now Nintendo is focused on the Super Mario Bros. and 3D games. It's a slim possibility that they could be working on an SMG 3 right now but won't give us any word until maybe next year.

Haha, i never thought of that. That's a coincidence. Yeah, but I think right now Nintendo is focused on the Super Mario Bros. and 3D games. It's a slim possibility that they could be working on an SMG 3 right now but won't give us any word until maybe next year.
Well the word is "Maybe" and yes Nintendo is mainly working in all the Mario games currently like bringing back Super Mario Bros 3 game to the eshop and the SSB game in dev.

Yeah, I agree they are focusing on those lol But yeah, that theory came from Kirby's Triple Deluxe name :p It'd be great if they are working on it, but yeah definitely not going to be hearing anything about it unless it's at E3 2014 or something

Well the word is "Maybe" and yes Nintendo is mainly working in all the Mario games currently like bringing back Super Mario Bros 3 game to the eshop and the SSB game in dev.

I know, so until they're done with that then "maybe" they will start working on a new Super Mario Galaxy 3 if they haven't started already.

Yeah, I agree they are focusing on those lol But yeah, that theory came from Kirby's Triple Deluxe name :p It'd be great if they are working on it, but yeah definitely not going to be hearing anything about it unless it's at E3 2014 or something

Is "Kirby's Triple Deluxe" the official title of the game? But besides, I didn't get my theory from that, I simply thought of it lol. Nintendo will probably have a conference this year at E3, at least I hope they do. And if they do, I also hope that lot's of good 3DS games plus Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. 4 are mentioned. I doubt they'll mention anything about a new Mario Galaxy tho, but we won't know until it happens.

I know, so until they're done with that then "maybe" they will start working on a new Super Mario Galaxy 3 if they haven't started already.

Is "Kirby's Triple Deluxe" the official title of the game? But besides, I didn't get my theory from that, I simply thought of it lol. Nintendo will probably have a conference this year at E3, at least I hope they do. And if they do, I also hope that lot's of good 3DS games plus Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. 4 are mentioned. I doubt they'll mention anything about a new Mario Galaxy tho, but we won't know until it happens.
Yeah, apparently that's what it's called lol And I guess it is doubtful they'd mention a new Mario Galaxy at E3 given that it'd start to get old and they wouldn't want that, but you never know, it could be a pleasant surprise for us

Yeah, apparently that's what it's called lol And I guess it is doubtful they'd mention a new Mario Galaxy at E3 given that it'd start to get old and they wouldn't want that, but you never know, it could be a pleasant surprise for us

Indeed, the Mario Galaxy series is almost 7 years old now. The New Super Mario Bros. series is even older, yet they're still prolonging it. The way I see it is, Nintendo has been tackling things differently (in a good way most of the time) probably ever since the Nintendo 3DS was released. They seem to be full of surprises now, just like the decision they made for E3 2013; to have a lot of Best Buys showcase upcoming Wii U and 3DS games. That surprised us all, didn't it? And the character they are adding to the next SSB game (Wii Fit Trainer) was no doubt a surprise to us all as well. With the direction Nintendo is going, we might actually expect a new Mario game similar or just like Super Mario Galaxy, which they're probably being encouraged to make by many fans of the series.

Oh, like Mario Strikers Charged? Yeah, idk how I didn't think of that one.
How could you forget Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour ;_;

Indeed, the Mario Galaxy series is almost 7 years old now. The New Super Mario Bros. series is even older, yet they're still prolonging it. The way I see it is, Nintendo has been tackling things differently (in a good way most of the time) probably ever since the Nintendo 3DS was released. They seem to be full of surprises now, just like the decision they made for E3 2013; to have a lot of Best Buys showcase upcoming Wii U and 3DS games. That surprised us all, didn't it? And the character they are adding to the next SSB game (Wii Fit Trainer) was no doubt a surprise to us all as well. With the direction Nintendo is going, we might actually expect a new Mario game similar or just like Super Mario Galaxy, which they're probably being encouraged to make by many fans of the series.
Yeah, you do make legit points on that. Wow, hard to believe that it's already 7 years old lol For some reason, the game still feels fresh in my mind haha
How could you forget Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour ;_;
It was a mistake when I made the poll. Moving on now...

Even though M&L RPGs are pretty great nothing beats a good ol' race (esp because the Blue Shells provide the best entertainment/reactions).

My favorite mario game is the 3d console games. It seems like the 3d games are always worth your money because they are well made. There is so much to explore than the 2d mario games. Also nintendo can add lots of more things in the 3d games. I still like the 2d ones but I prefer the 3d games.

R.I.P. no love for dem party games ;-; . Which is why I'm gonna mention them! I mean IK there's a lot of people who don't like them and all that but I for one love party games. Plus I was always good at the Mario Party games. Not only that but I get to beat CPUs with Toadmy favorite Mario character! I say CPU since my family never wants to play and I never haave friends over I always go to their place and they never have the games. So even if it is against computers I still enjoy the Mario Party games. Always have and I always will. I still can't believe you forgot about them ;_;

3D console games are a favirote for me since the open world and platforming seems classic and nice, while I do love the old sidescroller games, and the new ones (mario maker, hint hint?). I prefer the open world 3d elements and exploration because of how free you are and how much more possibilites compared to the 2d games.

I'd say the Mario Kart games and the 2d-Sidescrolling ones :p There's not much to say about the MK games since practically all of them are rather addicting and tend to be so much (or too much :giggle:) fun :D I'll say that I liked the 2d-sidescrolling games because I like the classic experience and the new secrets and stuff that is hidden around the stages that make it fun. I haven't played much of the 3d games to say much about it lol.

My favourites are the RPGS. Specifically Mario & Luigi. I have played Superstar saga and have completed Partners in time. I really want Bowser inside story. I have been waiting for it on Wii U VC since Partners in time was added.

Back