• Thread starter featheredfishyfeline
  • Start date

What type do you choose

• Total voters
featheredfishyfeline

featheredfishyfeline

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I don't mean like defensive, offensive, ect. I mean type like grass water or fire.

I'm a grass person it just turns out that way.

Water all the way! No need for fishing for water types I got a starter to surf me anywhere but some times fire and little grass

I've always been a person to choose a fire starter in most situations.
I guess I still have a bit of that "Woah! The fire type looks the coolest!" from my childhood still inside of me.
I also have always picked the fire type because the seemed the hardest to come by in my opinion.
You can just fish for a water type or walk in grass for a grass type, but fire type pokemon tend to only be in certain locations, so I always thought that was cool!
I'm a fire starter all the way!

Water, I don't know why but every game I've played I chose the water type just because it looks cool, except for White 2 in which I chose Tepig (fire type BTW).

I don't want to sound like a lot of people but I love fire types I don't know why there just my favorite

I always choose the Fire-types first because usually I find them the strongest. Right next to that would then be Water, then Grass. The only exception being Pkmn B/W where I thought Snivy was coolest :p Sometimes I like to look at all the different Gym Leader types in a Pokemon game so I can choose one that would give the most advantage xD

I don't really have a preference between the types, I just choose the one I feel has the best design.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
If we're talking purely most choices then assuming I chose my first choices in some generations, Fire would be it. It's not exactly my favourite for any particular reason, that just happens to be the most chosen starter with Grass second and Water last.

In fact if anything, the only starter that I will always pick for Gen I is Squirtle which turns out to be the only water type I concretely choose, Totodile and Piplup sometimes being chosen over my first choices in their respective generations.

Fire all the way except univa, then I choose snivy. I also tend to look at legendaries that spawn based on your starter choice. In x, I wanted to get articuno, so I started with chesspin, then put it and left it in the pc once I got riolu, ralts, and charmander.

For me, typing doesn't really matter because I pick a starter that looks cool the most when it evolves, but it seems that I always pick water or grass types :p I always pick Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Turtwig, Snivy and, when I started playing pokemon x, I picked Froakie because later on, I picked Charmander :p so for me, it's all about the looks and the design :D

I usually pick Water or Grass types with an exception. I picked Torchic because I already had the other two starters. I picked Piplup because my brother picked Chimchar and Froakie because his final evolution looked the best. I picked Turtwig in Platinum because I didn't have him already. I picked Chikorita because that was my favorite out of the three. I picked Oshawott because... I guess I liked water types. I picked Bulbasaur because he's the least picked out of the three.

I typically choose fire types, because I think they're harder to get earlier in-game. The fire-type starters and their final evolutions are beast! Charizard, Typlosion, Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar and Delphox tend to have high attack stats, and I prefer to go on all-out offensive in battle. I like the fire element in general. <3

I choose grass, but for one game i loved mudkip.

Personally I tend to choose the starter that appeals to me the most, regardless of typing. Sometimes I would lean to the cute side like Oshawott and Fennekin, and sometimes I would lean on cool side like Bulbasaur and Chimchar (when it evolves into Infernape later on). It depends on the starter Pokémon's look, for sure.

Always fire...fire usually sucks at the start of the game but by the endgame, full evolved fire starters have some of the most diverse movesets and best stats. Some of the grass type starters are the best grass pokemon in the game and I find waters starters can be replaced way too easily

Reactions: Mikaya
Water for the win! :)
Though once I tried to choose grass,it didn't went well :(

I always go with Fire types, unless the Water or Grass type is calling out for some reason (or looks cool/cute)

To me the designs were always important on the starter pokémon, a good thing that starter pokémon have is that they are all so cute.
What i worry more about is if its going to be a strong pokémon and with high usage in the game or not, for that reason i choose the grass starter 80% of the time, because im always very skeptical about the result of a fire or water starter, i always saw people reactions to grass types as natural, while most other types they have lots of things to say, when it comes to pokémon battling perhaps its underrated compared to other types, while fire or a water could have much bigger problems.

I go with a pokemon that is really feeling it
I pick Bulbasaur in kanto or Bulba Fett

I usally pick grass because they are one of my favorite type also in pokemon omega ruby treeko evolves into a complete boss with a mega stone and beats everybody. But water is good too in the game the mudkip evolves into swampert and it gets a mega stone I also recomend getting water types so then you can use surf to surf on the water

Back