What type of starter do you usually choose

• Thread starter featheredfishyfeline
  • Start date

What type do you choose

• Total voters
I usually go for fire types always have and my sister usually water ever since pokemon red/blue

One and Only, Fire type.

ALMOST all water type pokemon are pretty cool (cough* cough* popplio)

I haven't stayed true to any one type. I usually pick whatever starter is the cutest!
Gen. 1 = Charmander
Gen. 2 = Cyndaquil
Gen. 3 = Mudkip
Gen. 4 = Piplup
Gen. 5 = Snivy
Gen. 6 = Fennikin
Gen. 7 = undecided they're all cute!!

my choise is always based on how cool the pokemon looks and its final transformation. these are the few that i always choose as a starter charmender, totodile, torchic, chimchar, oshawott, froakie. As you see its always a fire or a water type that i choose en never a grass type.

I normally choose based on cuteness and speed stats and often end up with grass starters. These are my favourites for each generation:
1. Bulbasaur
2. cyndaquil
3. Treecko
4.Monferno
5. Snivy
6. Froakie
7. #TeamLitten all the way

I have always chosen fire starters in every Pokemon game I play, I think they are strong and good Pokemon to start a game with. They usually are good against most types and they gave never let me down before. That and they usually look cooler in my opinion.

Fire is mostelly the best starter Pokemon because the "low-level" Pokemons are not so powerfull, out of the type Fire Pokemons! They are mostly the strongest ones of the beginner/starter pokemons! They have a high Initiative, but mostely not a good defense and special- defense. Starters with a good defense are mostely the water taped starters. You can see it in Pokemon ORAS: Torchic which evolute to Blaziken which with the ability "Speed boost" make mostely the first atack!

I usually choose water, the cool and calm element, but easily gonna avoid it this time around.

Mostly fire, but in heart gold I picked the water starter. So I am a fire person, and if they keep up with the good fire Pokemon,like gen 1, 3, 4 and 6 I'll keep picking them. Gen 5 I did choose it, but it's evolutions weren't great. But gen 6 I chose Fennekin, since it's a fox and it's so cute. So I do usually go with fire types, but I do like some water and grass starters more. And in gen 7 I fell like fire and grass starters are both good. Maybe my first grass starter...

There are 61 type Pokémon Fire (66 if you count the mega-developments and Primo-Résurgences). Most used in a tactical team include Ninetales, Pyrax, or Heatran. The best total non-legendary Pokémon basic statistics is that of Arcanine. The best total Pokémon basic statistics is that of Primo-Groudon. Typhlosion, Charizard and pre-evolutions (Quilava, Charmeleon, Cyndaquil and Charmander) have exactly the same basic statistics.

Water, just 'cuz. Then I end up with 4 eeveelutions and that normal-flying from the beginning of the game for my team.

I usually pick fire frist. Fire is my favorite teyp because i truly believe that fire can burn down anything abd cush anything in its path, only water can stop it .

I grab all three, one way or the other :panda:

Cheers for Poke Bank.

The starter I choose the most is Fire starter because I think fire type are the strongest starter especially Charizard and Infernape they both are really strong and when Charizard becomes Mega he becomes super cool. I hope Infernape should also get a mega evolution because without mega he is really strong and with mega he would become thr strongest fire starter. The games I did not choose the fire starter were Pokemon Heartgold, Omega Ruby and Pokemon Black 2.

At first, I wanted to go with fire when I initially picked Tepig in White 2, but I have since found I always pick the water starter instead. Maybe it's because they tend to favor special attacks early on as opposed to the other two, which is hard to come across early in the game.

The only two exceptions to this are my first game, as I mentioned, where I chose Tepig instead, and when I was asked for my second starter in X, where I chose Bulbasaur instead as I already had Froakie. Even in my second playthrough of White 2, I ended up choosing Oshawott instead.

i am mixed and have changed around between generations.
in the begining i would tend to pick the water type starter in the first two games.
then in the third set of games i leaned towards the grass type.
in the 4th set of games i picked the fire type starter most of the time.
however from the fifth set of games onwardss i would have no preference of the type of starter , it usually be the one i liked the most or one i would consider to shiny hunt in the future if i became fond enough of the pokemon.

Back