What was the very first anime you watched?

• Thread starter Sketch
  • Start date
I think it was Cardcaptor Sakura, but it might be digimon and/or Pokémon too. They sort of were all at the same time in my area.

Or maybe Sailor Moon?

Pokemon or Digimon. However, I didn't REALLY get into anime until I found the Parappa the Rapper anime and Higurashi. I accidentally found Higurashi when I was looking for episodes of Parappa. I was like 12 when I found Higurashi, and seeing the friends brutally murder each other in disturbing ways changed me into the mudkip I am today

Last edited:
The first anime l've watched—moving Pokémon aside—was Yumekui Merry, or Dream Eater Merry in English. l was like, l dunno, 9 when l watched it? Anyway, l was on cutting edge on demand, and l eventually found that anime. :)

Dragon ball was the first Anime when i was like 6 or 7 years old. Followed by dragon Ball z and then Naruto.
My favorite Anime though was one piece it had a lot of everything action great story sadness happiness humor but i will still remember the first, dragon ball

Naruto was the first anime I ever watched (also was the first DS game I ever played)

I watched some pokémon (VERY casually) but the first 'real animé I watched was quite recently SNK (Attack on Titan). It really felt like only the intro to the story, the whole thing had only just begun and then there was the last episode. Quite frustrating. Interesting nonetheless. I do wish they'd spend a bit more time developing the side characters, but since ost of them die anyway...

Not sure if it was Dragonball Z or Yu Yu Hakusho.
I loved both as a kid though

Mines was Pokemon, Dragon Ball (or Z, don't really remember ) , Dragon GT, and Inuyasha!

I think I might have seen scattered episodes of yugioh pokemon and naruto on tv sometimes when I was younger but the first real anime I got into and kept watching the next episode was probably one piece.

The first anime I watched was the Pokemon series and that was before I even knew it was an anime. Other than that it was either Fairy Tail or Soul Eater, I don't remember due to the fact I started them basically at the same time.

I can recall watching Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! as a kid, but the first anime I properly watched (And finished!) was Soul Eater, followed closely by Black Butler, Hetalia and Watamote. Oh, and Noragami.

Pokemon for me, the first series (I think it aired around '98). I was a little kid back then, and what an awesome anime to kick things off with. :3

My first Anime was Shadow Skill. I still love it too.

My first anime was pokemon as a little kid. Then recently I started watching attack on titan which I have been meaning to finish for like 2 months now. It is really good and I would recommend it to anyone. I also need to start watching Deathnote after I finish Attack on titan because a few of my friends watch deathnote and have been recommending it to me. So many things to do xD

Seeing that Pokémon will not count for my case, the first anime that got me hooked to this genre was probably Haruhi Suzumiya. It was thanks to one of the old members and my personal anime friend here @Rin. I hope she is well.

The first anime i ever watched was One Piece but the first anime i finished was Inuyasha

The first anime I ever watched was One Piece. I think at least! I was four years old at the time, so don't expect me to remember everything! It was surely either One Piece or Pokemon though! I'm going with the former just because I kinda remember Luffy from that time back and the setting was the only thing I remember clearly, it was that G1 base form episodes 2-3, so I guess it can't be Pokemon, but I was watching both by the age of 5, so I don't really know.

Since this seems to be revived, I'm just gonna throw it out there. My first anime I can remember was Pokemon. I was definitely exposed to others like yuyu hakusho, inuyasha, yugioh, and some other stuff on toonami but i didn't really understand or reaslly care for any of them other than pokemon. I was obsessed with pokemon until the sixth grade when i started watching naruto. Naruto would be the first show I considered an anime when I watched. watched it in japanese and found it weird but really cool!

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, but I'm not very proud of it.

I think maybe Sailor Moon? I dunno, I have a whole list of anime I've watched.

Back