What was your first console?

• Thread starter Memento Mori
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my mom, my first console was the NES but I don't remember it. Apparently I got it when I was 8 months old. Very young, right? :p

The Atari 2600
800px-Atari-2600-Wood-4Sw-Set.jpg

I was too young so I don't remember many of the games. I know we had plenty. Including the classic arcade games like asteroids, the infamous E.T. one and the one I remember more about sking on snow downwards and trying to avoid crashing into the pines, avoiding other mini obstacles and never stop in the middle of the way lest you want to be swallowed by big foot.

According to my mom, my first console was the NES but I don't remember it. Apparently I got it when I was 8 months old. Very young, right? :p

Yes, we can say yes. I think I got my NES from my uncle when I was 4 years old :D

Also, I remember my father playing Space Invaders on the NES :p

Yes, we can say yes. I think I got my NES from my uncle when I was 4 years old :D

Also, I remember my father playing Space Invaders on the NES :p
I only remember my SNES and me playing Mega Man X, Killer Instinct, and Super Mario World.

Sega Genesis was my first system, and Sonic the Hedgehog was my first game for it. I still have them, and all the other games for it too. Mmm...Sega....

1. NES (Lost all the games)
    Still works,need to find power plug etc.
  2. Playstation
    Still works uses it to play Digimon World 3
  3. Gameboy Advance Lost all the games,had Spyro and Pokemon.
  4. Playstation 2 I modified it and played most of the good games it offer
  5. Dsi XL (planning to sell, to buy 3ds XL)
  6. Wii
    I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl,TMNT,Mario Kart Wii,Pokepark 2,Ghost Squad,Wii Play,Super Paper Mario, Redsteel, Guitar Hero World Tour, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
  7. Playstation 3 I have Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 ,The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Dark Souls, Infamous 1 and 2, CoD Black Ops 1 and 2, Fifa 13, and some others I can't remember at the moment.
  8. My 3ds broke :(:(:(, hoping to get an XL for my birthday.

1. NES (Lost all the games)
    Still works,need to find power plug etc.
  2. Playstation
    Still works uses it to play Digimon World 3
  3. Gameboy Advance Lost all the games,had Spyro and Pokemon.
  4. Playstation 2 I modified it and played most of the good games it offer
  5. Dsi XL (planning to sell, to buy 3ds XL)
  6. Wii
    I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl,TMNT,Mario Kart Wii,Pokepark 2,Ghost Squad,Wii Play,Super Paper Mario, Redsteel, Guitar Hero World Tour, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
  7. Playstation 3 I have Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 ,The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Dark Souls, Infamous 1 and 2, CoD Black Ops 1 and 2, Fifa 13, and some others I can't remember at the moment.
  8. My 3ds broke :(:(:(, hoping to get an XL for my birthday.

Your NES is still working and you have a lot of games?
I admire you so much!

Your NES is still working and you have a lot of games?
I admire you so much!

Lol nooo I lost all my games for it but surprisingly my NES still works.

Lol nooo I lost all my games for it but surprisingly my NES still works.

Lol... I read LOT instead of LOST... :D

Well, I think it would be cheaper buy nes games for virtual console (well, there isn't too many) instead of the cartridges ones.

Reactions: Reece
Lol... I read LOT instead of LOST... :D

Well, I think it would be cheaper buy nes games for virtual console (well, there isn't too many) instead of the cartridges ones.

Yeah and the cartridges are not so easy to find here where I live :(.

Yeah and the cartridges are not so easy to find here where I live :(.

Mmm... Here you can easily found some, but really expensive.

My first console? The Gameboy Advance SP! Back then it was all the rage! I basically begged my aunt for one! I still play it till now, though. A bit old, but still working!
No.1 reason Nintendo's stuff are better than iPods :p

The Gameboy Colour :D (well actually it was from my brother, but I played Pokemon Silver on it :p)

My first one was the Gameboy Advance. I got it when I was 9 years old. First game I had for it was Mario xD I can't remember what version. I had quite a few games for it. I also had a green Gameboy Color, A blue one, a silver Gameboy Advance sp, a DS lite, which is almost dead and is red, then my limited edition mario dsi xl, red 3DS, and I had gotten a ps2 when I was 12. But I prefer handhelds.

I think mine was a GameCube

I see that all of you had some console I've had (Except for the Atari 2600). Then I am going to list my console list :

1ST -> GameBoy (Color) with Pokemon Silver
2ND -> Sony Playstation 1 (Remind me of the good old startup), I still have it, and it works !
3RD -> GameBoy Advance SP. I've lost a lot of games, but I remind spending hours on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon LeafGreen.

4TH-> GameCube -> Received as a birthday gift. I tried to transform it to portable Gamecube. Anyway, if I set it up again, it will work. But don't have any GC controller anymore.
5TH-> PS2. Remember playing Burnout 3 on it. It was awesome. Died due to a snow storm, breaking power supply.
(Yes, the supply took some 320V instead of 220. It didn't like it.) Still somewhere in the house. Replaced by a Xbox 360.

6TH -> NDS Lite. Ah, good memories. I still have it.
7TH-> Wii. I still got it, it is the Mario Collector one. My brother is actually playing with it.
8TH -> PSP. Bought it for emulating PS1 Games and for some PSP games. Still have it and using it again.
9TH -> Xbox 360. Got it when mt PS2 died. The guy estimated my PS2 at 300€, so I got the 360 with Kinect. Now, I still have it, but it don't really use it anymore.

10TH -> 3DS (The one you see in my picture). Bought to play Pokemon X/Y, Zelda OoT3D and future awesome 3DS games. Bought it after my new computer. Currently have no games.

Reactions: Reece
The Gameboy Colour (Green) was my first, and Pokemon Red, Yellow where my first ones. You know its actually the best game to start, but i did not like this Gameboy Colour very much, the 2 was the GBA SP it was what i liked in that time, so i played a lot Pokemon emerald, Super Mario, Sonic, and lots of games (good times).
I got PSP that i think its a very amazing system, and i got NDS also, and i have a 3DS XL, but the system i liked more it was the PSP, you could play gba games with it, watch videos, listen music so yeah..

The Gameboy Colour (Green) was my first, and Pokemon Red, Yellow where my first ones. You know its actually the best game to start, but i did not like this Gameboy Colour very much, the 2 was the GBA SP it was what i liked in that time, so i played a lot Pokemon emerald, Super Mario, Sonic, and lots of games (good times).
I got PSP that i think its a very amazing system, and i got NDS also, and i have a 3DS XL, but the system i liked more it was the PSP, you could play gba games with it, watch videos, listen music so yeah..
Emulation, right ? I didn't tried with GBA but for PS1. Sony should have called the PSP the EmulationStation !

Emulation to, i spend lots of years of my life playing pokemon emerald,pokemon hacks and other games, i did have GBA and a original pokemon emerald cartdrige, I also can tell you the 3 games that are very special to me and i think are the best GBA games:
1- Pokemon Emerald
2- Sonic Advance 3
3- Mario Tennis: Power Tour

Those are really good.

I haven't played any of those, but in the 3rd gen, I have played Ruby.
I remember trying to emulate Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing for the N64), but gave disappointing results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back