What was your first pokemon game

• Thread starter jsbling
  • Start date
My first Pokemon Game was Pokemon Yellow but i was stuck on the 1st gym since i never understand the types weakness in the game till Pokemon Ruby on GBA (never got pokemon silver, gold or crystal but i did saw someone playing the game). when i got pokemon ruby i enjoyed the game and i got to enjoy the anime (the old ones not new one with ash's new voice).

To be honest, I didn't like Pokemon until I played X which I got from my friend who was unaware of region lock (US 3DS, eu game) That's why gen 6 is my favourite with X and Y and ORAS

When I say this I mean the first you remember,Now my first game was pokemon red,I had yellow and blue,but those two were ma dads,and He got super far in the game and didnt want me to play,soo :( that I didnt get to play blue but,Hey least I got to play something,the I got pkmn crystal,then I got emerald from my uncle who also gave me my gameboy micro.But the one that I really remember is Pokemon Diamond I got it from my cousin,as well as my DSi, This was the first one I beat considering that I was like 10 so my attention span was kinda good,so Yeah I played White 2 next then XY then Oras but yeah.Tell me what your first pkmn game was and how you got it.

My first game was a part of emerald my sister had the game I barely knew what I was doing. (I was five)
But I would always start a new game that wouldn't save and I would do the first battle with my starter and not know what to do next so I turn it off I did it all the time.

My first game that I played properly was Pokemon Black I really liked the game
Unlike XY the gym leaders actually had a mini role. But the catch was I was still a noob so I made my starter OP
When I vs the elite four my Sammurott was level 70 and the rest of my Pokemon was level 40-45

My first pokemon game was Pokemon Emerald and I downloaded it on nintendo ds emulator I enjoyed playing the game, The story of this game was very nice, The starter I choose was torchic and when it evolved into Blaziken it became very powerfull. I like the legandry pokemon of this game and in this game we could catch both Groudon and Kyogre.

pokemon moon

Huh me i wanted to start playing pokemon since it was out in 1996 but the problem is i wasn't born at that time :( , but i sarted playing it from Pokemon Diamond till pokemon sun and my best among all of them is pokemon giratina or the Sihnno region

Pokemon Red on the original Gameboy that belonged to my cousin. It was nice of him to lend it to me although I kinda just played it non-stop. This makes me feel kinda old, since it was around the late 90's if I remember correctly. I didn't even bother purchasing my own gameboy and Red, not sure why though. Brings back good memories of the ol' B&W gaming era. xD

My half bro was the first to bring Pokemon in this house. He had Red ,Yellow, then gold. My first May have been Yellow. Then I got stuck at a point so I stopped.

I got Sun later on to become relivant with trading and so on.

I still remember when I borrowed my cousin's Gameboy Color and played several Pokémon titles including Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and an odd translation of Pokémon Crystal. I only played them for a while so I have to return it after some sessions. Later on I played Pokémon Emerald as my first owned Pokémon game after I got my hands on Gameboy Advance SP, and I enjoyed it a lot.

I still remember when I borrowed my cousin's Gameboy Color and played several Pokémon titles including Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and an odd translation of Pokémon Crystal.

Would that be this, perhaps?

Vietnamese_Crystal_Title_Screen.png
Also known as Vietnamese Crystal.

Keeping on-topic, my first Pokemon game would have been Pokemon Blue. As a child I had difficulty beating it however, as my infant mind wasn't accustomed to the game trope called "back-tracking", meaning I got stuck after beating Lt. Surge and not knowing what to do.

Reactions: Starry Windy
My first game was Pokémon Soul Silver

It took me years to get in to the Pokemon series. I started with X, and I absolutely loved it. My friend had Y, so that was a big help with getting all of the Mega Evo stones and what not. I still think it holds up to some of the best Pokemon games, despite its relative ease.

Pokemon Omega Ruby and... just because

Mine was pokemon x.

My first game was Pokemon HeartGold. I remember picking Chikorita as my starter because I thought that was the only one I could have. I already made a huge post about this, but to sum it all up, I was so awkward and terrible at playing it I thought I could take down any Pokemon using my Meganium's Solar Beam.

What I didn't include in my post though was how frustrated I was with how I could be beaten so many times, and the legendaries were so difficult to 9 year old me that I would actually talk to them out of frustration.

"Get in the ball!"

"Look, my team really needs you!"

"I've got a Latias in my box just waiting for you!"

...yeah, it was weird. >_<

Reactions: Furyofthestorm78
First was Pokemon Blue Rescue team, I got it as part of a bundle with my DS lite, late 2006. (Does this count? I put so many hours into this game... )
Then I got Pokemon Diamond when it came out, and was hooked on the main game too. I have completed the pokedex on that one , aside from legendaries that were unavailable to me.
When the game came out in England, my younger sister was very into it, used to wake me up early Saturday mornings so she could watch the series, and made me read a book she had on the original 150 over and over so I knew them all... She is still very into Pokemon and helped me complete the Diamond pokedex, and always gets the opposite game to me so we can trade.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
My first Pokémon game was Pokemon Sapphire for the Gameboy Advance which was my brothers game due to a trade with his friend for a Spyro game back in the early 2000's until we got a Nintendo GameCube he later started liking the Nintendo GameCube more and passed Pokemon Sapphire to me and I really liked to play Mario games all the time ,but the first time I played Pokemon it was the best day of my life.

Back