What was your first shiny?

• Thread starter DemiseofHope
  • Start date
DemiseofHope

DemiseofHope

"I am the final pawn at the end of the board"
Towns Folk
Mine happened to be a Spinda in pokemon Ruby that I ran away from as I believed it was a glitched pokemo(Still haven't forgiven myself for that).I did get a bit of revenge in pokemonY with a shiny Dragalge I chanced upon randomly while fishin though xD.

So what were your first shinies?

It must have been the Gyarados in Heart Gold. I had bad luck with Shinies.

My first random encounter of a shiny was Mightyena in Y, which is my favorite Pokemon, so I am very pleased with it :p

My first shiny was a shiny Venipede in White Version.
I didn't even know what shinies were back then, so I didn't realize their rarity.
I ended up letting my friend play for a while, and he quit without saving...
I will always remember the moment I encountered that Venipede.

Not counting Red Gyarados, Zangoose in White version.

My first shiny ever was some diglett I found in diglett cave in Pokemon Red... Pretty exciting stuff, I know.:p

From FireRed, my first shiny ever was a Machoke.
Spr_3f_067_s.png

Look at that green, blue, and yellow pure beauty. Back then when I was still a newbie in Pokemon, I didn't realize the true value of a shinnies. I was about to run, but then my siblings stopped me. They were like "It's a shiny, catch it! You got to get it! It's so rare!" It took me 8 tries, but it was worth it. Catching this shiny was apart of my great childhood <3

My first ever shiny was a Pidgey I found in Pokemon FireRed.

my very first shiny that i found was in pokemon black and white. i was in a large place with patchy grass everywhere and on the 56th time i ran into a wild pokemon it was a rattata and it sparkled a bit, but i didnt no what shinies where at the time so i kept the rattata there until pokemon bank and pokemon transporter came out. when the to apps came out i transfered all my pokemon from pokemon silver, black, white, white2, and black 2 to my copy of pokemon y, i then knew what shinies were. when i looked at all my pokemon that i transfered i ran into the rattata and discovered that the pokemon was a shiny pokemon!!

After missing a shiny male combee, i only foud another after finishing the game. And it was wooper...

Not counting the Red Gyarados, Lunatone in Sapphire. I believe it was the first Lunatone I'd seen in the game, and I nearly ran away from it. But, due to the fact I really wanted a Lunatone, I caught it without much regard to its blue eye. I was so confused when the normal sprite came up in the Pokedex... and it was only then I noticed it sparkled when I sent it out!

My first shiny ? Oh, I remember It was a Persian in SoulSilver, totally random, after almost 50 encouters ? I can't remember, but I was a intense moment.
Named cream, because it's female ^^
After this, I was started shinyhunting :3

I have pretty bad luck with shinies, would almost never find one any of my games, but I remember one time I got a shiny Snivy starter. I didn't really know the value of shinies then, but I could figure out this was really rare, and I was pretty excited about it. That is, until my brother erased my file to start a new game. Needless to say, I was devastated.

It was first the Gyarados in Soul Silver. I had bad luck with Shines but I caught a Shiny Masquerain in my friend's bug safari.Word has it that if you r connected to the pss(online),you have more chance of getting a shiny.I did'nt believe it but after getting one,I had to believe.

A Shiny Masquerain(normal one is orange)

Forgot to mention,I got the Masquerain,about 3months ago in PKM Y

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1st shiny was a Ponyta in Pokemon Diamond. The blue flames looked so cool!

Mine was a Gengar in Crystal I'm pretty sure. Sad I couldn't ever transfer it to newer games :/

Mine was Slowpoke in FireRed. I caught it thinking my GameBoy was glitching my games. (Which it did, a lot.)

Excluding red gyardos a shiny hawlucha in pokemon x man I flipped when I saw it I was also very careful and paranoid as I didn't want to make it faint

I remember tracking down Azelf in Pearl for almost a whole day. Then, when I finally caught up with it, I found out that it was golden. I carefully spent a little over an hour trying to whittle down it@s HP (As my pokemon were way above it's level) and I finally got it! :D
Then a few days later I started a new game in Pearl because I loved starting new games for some reason. I never saw shiny Azelf again...

Reactions: Ju_The_Avatar
two zubats in a row on pokemon daimond

On this thread i want to know what your first shiny Pokemon was, what game it was in, and how you reacted. Did you catch it? Or let it go?

My first shiny Pokemon was a Shiny Poochyena in Pokemon Emerald. I had restarted the game many times and it was just another restart, i was on the very first route. Literally my second encounter in the new game was a golden Poochyena. At the time i wasn't on the internet yet and i had not even the slightest clue what a shiny was but i liked the color so i added it to my team. Once i found out i completely lost my mind. To this day, in the remake i still hold this Pokemon(as a Mightyena) and i treasure it. As golden as ever.

Now tell me yours!

Back