What would you change about the Mario series?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
The mario series is pretty long and full of great games, out of them all what would you change or change for future games?

I would change the constant princess kidnap/rescue stick.

The Princess kidnap/rescue is a staple of the series. It's clear that it will never change. It's something that's quite endearing to long-time Mario fans, if I'm not mistaken. And I'm sure that if Nintendo changed it, there would be an uproar.

I don't find anything wrong with the Mario series, really. Mario is flawless.

I would change instead of Princess Peach being kidnapped , Mario and Luigi will be kidnapped for Bowser's experiments and Toad has to save them.

I agree, the mario serie hes never seased to amaze me, every game take the good parts from a old game and add new fresh contenent to make an even greater game !
I would change the constant princess kidnap/rescue stick.
yeah did could change that tomporarely ( like in 3D world) but not permanently because it is a basic point to the serie .

I think they're already changing a bunch of things really well with a bunch of spin-off series. I mean, you've got Mario Kart and Mario & Luigi RPG series to keep things different from the original side-scrolling game.

I would add more characters and change the storyline so it's not always mario saving peach... Like how they did it in Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U... But they had to save those weird fairy things, It would also be amazing if it supported online multiplayer

I would add more characters and change the storyline so it's not always mario saving peach... Like how they did it in Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U... But they had to save those weird fairy things, It would also be amazing if it supported online multiplayer
How would you have supported online multiplayer work? The classic platform game with multiple people kinda like what they have for multiple Wiimotes but on the internet instead?

I guess we can have a retro side-scrolling title again is okay. Megaman series did this (Megaman 9 and 10), and we have the upcoming Shovel Knight, too. If we want to add some difficulties, I Wanna Be the Guy and Cloudberry Kingdom could be references.

Well I'd come up with a deeper storyline but have the same basic things still happen in it. I would also change the difficulty level of them too (like having all Mario games have a SMB:LL level of challenge).

I'd love to see a move away from the Mushroom Kingdom. How about a return to Delfino? I think there's lots of untapped potential their.

I would change the storyline, i would make Luigi the main character and the last enemy to be a giant/titan but not bowser, also the ability to jump over enemies and to choose to kill them or ride them would be toooo awesome.

I would change the storyline, i would make Luigi the main character and the last enemy to be a giant/titan but not bowser, also the ability to jump over enemies and to choose to kill them or ride them would be toooo awesome.
They did that once before. It's called the Kurubo Shoe in a stage in SMB3. I wish they'd come back.

Lol, just checked it, I didn't know about it, it's funny and cool at the same time but you can't ride enemies :/

Does the Lakitu cloud count as an enemy because you can ride that as well?

Yeaah that's 2 points for you and one point to Griffindor but the ability to ride and use its attck would be better.

Well the Blue Shell power up in NSMB felt sort of like you were a koopa. That should be included in more future games.

Not at all true. There are many problems with the Mario series, that just doesn't stop them from being quality or enjoyable games.

Well I'd come up with a deeper storyline but have the same basic things still happen in it. I would also change the difficulty level of them too (like having all Mario games have a SMB:LL level of challenge).
NO, the Mario series difficulty is suppose to be a fair challenge, NOT cheap design based on trial and error game-play. That is literally one of the many things that would NOT make the Mario series better, and its clear that they didn't actually want to go that route in terms of difficulty...since Mario Bros. 3 or World are much easier and still pretty hard games.

If Mario games today need a difficulty increase, it should near Mario bros. 3 or World levels of challenge...not the cheaply difficult Lost Levels.

Yeah true another one point for you but the feeling of riding a monster is way better like one of the crash games.

Well the Blue Shell power up in NSMB felt sort of like you were a koopa. That should be included in more future games.
Kuribo shoe was made into an Ice Skate in 3DWorld, the Lakitu Cloud does not count as an enemy, and the Blue Shell were taken from enemies in NSMB multi-player also in the regular game-play of 3DWorld...since Koopa(s) in 3DWorld lost their Shell when you jumped on them ala Mario World.

Back