What would you change about the Mario series?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
I prefer boss battles, :oops: (played NSMB over and over again just to fight the bosses)
Same I rather the boss battles, over searching and collecting stars to advance, it's much more fun, and challening, most of the time, I get really frustrated when you have to search for stars and unable to find them, it kills the joy..

I'd change the battle system so that it involves more attacks rather than just stomping. I'd make the enemies harder too and Bowser an even more ruthless villain. I'd also add a lot more bosses and enemies, while making a Toad army to defend the Mushroom Kingdom. Basically I've just turned Mario into Total War: Mushroom Kingdom.

Mario being changed in any way? Nah, that never would happen, only new I!provemnts to the game will pop up here and there once and a while... If I was to change something? Well to start off I definitely would not change the "constant" kidnapping stick, because that's the core element of the game! Really I can't think of anything to change to make the game better, but of course I can think of improvements...

If I could only change one thing, I would create different bad guys for Mario and Luigi to have to face instead of them facing Bowser all the time. That could also help create different story lines for Mario and gang.

The difficulty and boss variety.

The difficulty and boss variety.
Besides the first game and some of the other Mario games there was variety (like say the middle of NSMB and SML and SMB3). Do you mean different bosses or different battle styles (Boom-Boom for instance in SMB3 or just different Koopas?)

Yeah, I feel like they've used the Koopalings a bit too much for the 2D games, so I'd rather they use more unique bosses like in Super Mario 3D World or (like you said) the middle of NSMB.

I'm tired of seeing the Koopalings and Bowser both. They just don't feel like fresh and exciting villains anymore. I want to see brand-new bosses and enemies for future Mario installments. The difficulty of some of the recent games is also pretty low, so that's something that needs to be addressed (make the game harder). Add some more content to the games too (especially 3D ones) since that will make them something that you can play for a long time.

Well, looking at the whole thought of the Peachnappings thing getting stale, even though 3D World has changed it up, here's what I would love to see the story change:

It would start by Mario and Peach finally settling down and becoming the king and queen of the Mushroom Kingdom, but still giving Peach all the powers of a Monach of the Kingdom. Bowser would seen purely enraged, as he attempted to capture Peach one last time before her Toad army, trained by Mario to actually douse his fire-breathing abilities, chain him up and sapping him of all of his power, and then encasing him in stone for eternity. Years passes, and Mario and Peach have two sons: Azure, the older brother, and Vert, the younger brother. They are visited by Luigi, who has been betrothed by Daisy, but then, yes, Peach and Daisy gets kidnapped, but it's by the hands of the fully matured Bowser Jr and his army known as the New Koopa Republic. So, with Mario's wife and Luigi's fiancée captured, and with the army of Koopa thugs loom in their paths, Mario and Luigi, along with their sons, sets off to save them. But what if it's a diversion for the army to bring back Bowser from his stone prison?

So, what do you think of the story?

Back