What's The Worst Situation You Could Be In (or Imagine) For You and Your 3DS?

• Thread starter Pepy550
  • Start date
Falling down a cartoon-smooth-walled volcano with my 3DS. You said worst possible.
That is not, by far, the worst possible. How about being stuck in an eternal limbo of endless pain with your 3DS? Or falling down the volcano a 1000 times, reviving afterwards only to fall and burn again?

That is not, by far, the worst possible. How about being stuck in an eternal limbo of endless pain with your 3DS? Or falling down the volcano a 1000 times, reviving afterwards only to fall and burn again?
Nah, it's only fun the first ten times :p After that it gets old.

Nah, it's only fun the first ten times :p After that it gets old.
"Ughhh. Another stupid volcano. How original."*rolls eyes*

Well, the worst thing that happened to my 2ds, which is the only thing that happened, was that my 2ds was unable to recognize any game cartridges. My dsi also lost it's spring so games couldn't stay in the dsi. One time a long time when I came back from school excited to play my new My Sim's game, I found that the 2ds broke on it's own... It's a true story but yeah, I was mad. So all the games got sold, but I was hiding the My Sims.. xD My family never found it. I still have the 2ds and dsi but they got lost....
That was the worst day ever when I found the broken 2ds but it could still play digital games. I'm waiting about 6-7 months for a new 2ds or 3ds.

Mine would be if the console was stolen. No chance to recover it, buy another, remove my eShop account from the handheld and I have my Wii U account in risk.

Oh, and my collection is 100% digital. If you excuse, I will have nightmares

Probably the touch screen not working anymore for me when im playing one of those intense only stylus based games.

Eh, for me, it would be getting the SD card slot damaged.

My 3ds is modded, so it can recover from bricks and such, but it cannot boot without a SD card inserted.

Reactions: Hayleia
If the top screen fell off it's hinges and that caused all your save data to be lost. I had this dream once where that did happen, and seeing the two screens being apart, it made me feel like I was looking at a dead body... ._. lol

Buying a 3ds xl then realising you're too poor to afford the overpriced games so you end up stuck with the free to play game

I'm in that situation, I cri

Reactions: Mikaya

My 3ds is modded, so it can recover from bricks and such, but it cannot boot without a SD card inserted.
Now that would be a real pain indeed. My 3 systems are on a9lh too and, well you may say that I'd still have two working systems if one gets the SD slot broken... ok but I couldn't even recover my saves :(

Reactions: Blue Knight

Now that would be a real pain indeed. My 3 systems are on a9lh too and, well you may say that I'd still have two working systems if one gets the SD slot broken... ok but I couldn't even recover my saves :(

I wouldn't bother modding see, because of the risks it carries although I would love to be running ninjhax for the region free mod...

I wouldn't bother modding see, because of the risks it carries although I would love to be running ninjhax for the region free mod...
Well, I wouldn't really call ninjhax a mod compared to what we've got :p
And even what we've got isn't so risky. Obviously a lot more risky than ninjhax (not hard to do something more risky than something completely safe...) but still, if you can read you shouldn't have any problems. If it was so risky, I would probably have failed on at least one of my three systems :p

And even what we've got isn't so risky. Obviously a lot more risky than ninjhax (not hard to do something more risky than something completely safe...) but still, if you can read you shouldn't have any problems. If it was so risky, I would probably have failed on at least one of my three systems :p
This.
Ninjhax isn't even a mod and there are very, very few ways it could be dangerous, ways one just doesn't go through by accident.

What does the mod even let you do? Like play roms? Homebrews or something? And wouldn't it take away your online features like I've read about on other forums?

What does the mod even let you do? Like play roms? Homebrews or something? And wouldn't it take away your online features like I've read about on other forums?
Eh, to cut a long story short, it simply installs something on one of the earliest processes in the 3ds's boot.

By itself it doesn't do anything, it just opens doors

Eh, to cut a long story short, it simply installs something on one of the earliest processes in the 3ds's boot.

By itself it doesn't do anything, it just opens doors

I see, Sorry I'm just interested in that stuff ever since I had a chipped PsOne :p

Well I've always been wondering where people read that. Because nope, we don't lose any functionality.
And then yeah, we gain stuff like homebrew, region-free, overclocking for the New 3DS (so battles in Pokémon don't lag), and stuff like that withotu even having to launch a game with a weird save everytime we boot. We just boot, it just takes something like 2 more seconds than a "normal" 3DS, and we have everything we want... including "normal" stuff too such as online play and stuff.

I see, Sorry I'm just interested in that stuff ever since I had a chipped PsOne :p
Also, know that "playing roms" is very much illegal :p

Also, know that "playing roms" is very much illegal :p
I know, I enjoy homebrews though that's why I like those type of things, I wish I could play the new 3DS Portal Homebrew game, it looks amazing ;-; Nintendo should add a homebrew section in the store for beginners who want to make games and get their names out there :p

I know, I enjoy homebrews though that's why I like those type of things, I wish I could play the new 3DS Portal Homebrew game, it looks amazing ;-; Nintendo should add a homebrew section in the store for beginners who want to make games and get their names out there :p
While it would be a nice idea and all, it would require Nintendo to make public how software works on their plataforms, which can be used for so many nefarious purposes (read: piracy) it's just not worth it :/

Back