What's your favorite Mario game?

• Thread starter Skully
  • Start date
Super Paper Mario. I love the music, the writing is stellar, and it has cool minigames. So many reasons! There's lots of collectibles, too. The puzzle and platforming RPG elements combine really well.

Reactions: Jisenku
Super Mario Sunshine. Super Mario World would be a close second and would be my favorite 2D Mario (not including Super Mario Maker). I mean with Super Mario Maker 2 you could practically remake Super Mario World yourself, lol. Mario Party 4 also should be mentioned. I mean, if Mario Kart is included then it should be as well. :p

I'm playing Super Paper Mario on the Wii, and it's been fantastic so far. I love the silliness of the writing and some of the puzzles you need to solve, too. As someone who played some of the older Paper Mario games, I'm glad they dropped the turn based battling in favor of just jumping on them. There are multiple characters to play as, lots of Pixls who do various things...it's been great!

Super Mario Odyssey it was the one & only Mario game that kept my interest & the only one I’ve ever beaten ^-^

Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside story. Gives me goosebumps when i hear the menu music.

Darn that’s a really tough choice!
I would have to say Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story or Super Mario Galaxy if it’s single player.

If we’re talking multiplayer, Mario Kart Wii or
New Super Mario Bro’s Wii. Mainly due to nostalgia but MK for the Wii is still my favourite version haha :D

Reactions: ShyGuy64 and Alex.Dips
Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Bros. 3 are my favourites. It's so hard for me to put one above the other, though. Super Mario World was the first video game I ever played, and I still have my SNES in my room with the cartridge in it. Super Mario Sunshine defined my childhood, and set the standard for every game I played afterwards. I only had Super Mario Bros. 3 for the GameBoy Advance, but I have so many fond memories playing that game. I've beaten it more times than I can count, and I loved the dynamics for every world!

Because nostalgia is such a heavy factor for me, I'd probably have to pick either Super Mario World or Super Mario Sunshine. Super Mario world was the first video game I ever played, and the one that got me hooked on Nintendo. I received Super Mario Sunshine for Christmas the year it came out, and I think it's timeless. In spite of how many times I've played it, it never seems to lose its luster. I still play these games every now and again, and every time I do, I feel just as mesmerized by the experience as I did when I was a child. :love:

Realized I'd posted this years ago right after I wrote this up. Guess my opinion didn't change much. :p

Reactions: Jisenku and Marc
I liked super mario bros 3
I like it when games allows for multiple power-up options, and super mario bros 3 had a lot, including the hammer suit which is my favourite power-up

Reactions: Alex.Dips
I love super Mario world on the Snes. it introduced many new things and mechanics to the game like yoshi and spin jumps to the game!
These mechanics are now in newer titles like new super Mario bros series and are very smooth and nice.
The super Mario world theme is also in the game super Mario maker, the first one and the second! So you know it's a great game to play. Even super Mario bros 3 influenced the game to what it is today!

Kart, odyssey and smb 2 and 3

Whats your favorite Mario game?
Old or New

Tell us below!
My favorite Mario game has to be Super Mario Odyssey, whenever I play Mario Odyssey, I feel genuinely happy. I get distracted from my problems, and it has been my go to game in bad times

I'm pretty sure mine's Mario Kart DS since I used to play it almost every time I open my DS.

My favorite Mario game are Mario Kart Wii or New Super Mario Bros. And actually Mario Maker but I am not good making levels XD

Reactions: phofufury, ShyGuy64 and Jisenku
I love the Super Mario games for the Wii and Wii U. I loved the couch co-op, as i always played with my family on it, and everything bout those games were fantastic! The levels were fun, there were good character options, and it was fun to just being able to play with my family on it!

Back