Which is better Super Mario 3D World or Super Mario 3D Land?

• Thread starter Necromancer540
  • Start date

• Total voters
I've play super mario 3d land, but i haven't play super mario 3d world, however i seen a preview of it and its really a good game. Also this game is 4 players, I would say that both games are equal, but this game has more levels.

Although I don't have Super Mario 3D World, I would say it is better. I have Super Mario 3D Land, which is a single player game. Super Mario 3D World, on the other hand, is multiplayer. Therefore, you have memories that you can share with your friends. Super Mario 3D Land is a great game, but the memories one has can't be shared with other people, usually.

3D Worlds, no questions asked. It's hands down an incredible game and miles ahead of 3D Land. 3D Land while another solid Mario game, is just that, another Mario game with not as much new or innovative as I wanted. World however was pure unadulterated awesomeness in every way.

I think this is something we cannot compare to each other, why? because they belong to differnt consoles and of course the potential of both of them is different to each other. I think both games are terrific, the fact of seeing mario in 3d graphics is just awesome but you cannot play it together with friends. On the wii u you can have a lot of fun playing the 3d world with games which is something that complements the game.

It is too hard for me to choose between Super Mario 3D World or Super Mario 3D Land because I really love Mario's games. Nowadays I am playing New Super Mario Bros in my 3Ds and I am so impatient to finish it but at the same moment I don't want to complete it.The problem is that I don't have the sufficient money to buy another game right now. It is a mixture of feelings..

Reactions: EstebanTill2
Both games are great and the 3d land is for 3ds and the 3d world is for wii u but the 3d world is better in some ways than 3d land and so is 3d land better in some ways than 3d world.3d land is better to me because I like to play the game anywhere and I like adventuring and going up against crazy villians.

Super mario 3d world is much better. The graphics are better with more power ups too. The enemies in it are more creative. This game is harder for me which I like because I think that super mario 3d land was too easy. 3d world also has co-op and I do not think that 3d land had multiplayer.

3D world is a incredible game with creative level design and difficulty, with a unlockable rosalina character too. Plus, it has multiplayer unlike 3d land. (Not saying 3d land is bad of course, I loved it) So I'd recommend you try out this game because of how fun and creative it is.

I honestly think 3D world is better, mainly because there are more playable characters, and powerups. The bosses in this installment are a better, even though pom pom, and boom boom return. The level select map had a lot of detail, and sure there aren't special worlds, but bonus levels are easier to access, and in my opinion 10x more fun!

I have the same opinion as most here,so I'm picking 3D World. :p
While 3D Land is undoubtedly one of the better 3DS games,3D World feels like an expanded and more varied game than its portable older brother,while adding a lot of awesome stuff like multiplayer(as if it wasn't chaotic enough in 2D :pompus:),lots of old and new powerups that are very fun to use,incredible level design and a soundtrack that is just as good as 3D Mario games like 64 and Galaxy 1/2(Coincidently enough,the soundtrack of 3D World was composed by the same musical team of the Galaxy games).3D Land still has a lot of those aspects mentioned in 3D World,but the Wii U game feels like it has more going for itself,and while both games are incredible,3D World is the more memorable one for me. :)
Oh,and if the difficulty of the last levels is almost up there with Galaxy 2's Grandmaster Galaxy.Yeah,it is that much frustation if you're not paying the slightest of attention.

3d world is dang hard. After wpr;d 4, it gets more harder. 3d world wins by a heart beat. 3d land is ok, but it can not compare to a console. 3d world is way better, it is also a longer game, with more levels and worlds. 3d land has special worlds but there was only 13 new levels, the rest was recycled and almost the exact same with really minor changes. Almost evreything in 3d world is brand new. In 3d world, each level is unique and has something new in it. 3d world is by far the best game ever, 2nd being super mario galaxy 2.

They are both excellent games but i have to go with 3D World because of its four player chaos and its better visuals

I've only played World and to me, it's just the best. It has alot of content and is quite difficult if your not prepared. It has an amazing soundtrack to boot as well. I've never played land, but I'm sure I will give it a shot, besides my opinion possibly isn't even valid ..

Super Mario 3D World
  • Has HD
  • More Levels
  • 4 Players
  • Different Story
  • Rosalina as Playable for the First Time in a Mario Platform Game
  • Harder than 3D Land

3D world was the bomb for me is the best mayro game evar made Supra Mayro 3D world is a gem between mayro games i actually loved it and had fun times playing it with my friends multiplayer is sooo good but if u aim for playing solo i recommend supra mayro 3d land which has a better single player experience and challenging levels that will take many of u i liked both many really 2 really good mayro games

Super Mario 3D World was a better game in my opinion. It was an incredible game that has the type of game play that will make you emerced with the game. It has colorful scenery and great cutscenes. Even the post play of the game (Star World) is hard, so hard that I can't even pass the first level in that world.

I can see why Land is more appealing because it does feel tighter thanks to being single-player. This affects the pace and scale of the levels resulting in a different tone to the experience. Really this has been an issue with all Nintendo's console platformers ever since NSMB Wii became a huge hit: they feel required to put multiplayer in nearly all of them to catch the family co-op audience. That's a valid goal because it works for them, but it does have a downside. The design of their console platformers must conform to the framework of single-screen couch co-op.

Haven't played 3D World but it's obviously the better choice, it refined 3D Land's formula and expanded on it.

3D world is basically a better version of 3D land
Better..... Everything lol
Unless you only have a 2ds/3ds then who cares buy whatever you want

Super Mario 3D World - only because it gave me more of a challenge than Super Mario 3D Land. I certainly liked to speedrun SM3DL more, however, but that's about it. The Boss Battles were way more innovative in SM3DW imo. And not to mention the struggle of racing a super quick Ghost in 3DW. xP

Back