Which is better Super Mario 3D World or Super Mario 3D Land?

• Thread starter Necromancer540
  • Start date

• Total voters
we all have our reasons for liking a game more than another game. some use statistics and features but for me i use memories. i have not played mario 3d world but if i have 3d land will still be my favorite, i remember getting it for x-max when i was 9 and jumping with joy at the sight of 3d land it was a part of my childhood so its in my heart forever. ps.stop rating games by the graphics its so stupid like IGN does that. good graphics does not mean good game.not saying 3d world is bad.

Oh wow, this is a tricky one for me, but i will do my best here. I like super mario 3d world since the character variety is obviously greater, which is one thing i personally feel adds to the game's quality. Obviously the wii u graphics here are very nice too, which is another thing i look at unless youre asking about certain retro games on much older systems (example: super mario bros the lost levels on NES, the graphics obviously arent great but i still love that game it was a lot of fun for me). But what i probably appreciate most of all about super mario 3d world is its much greater level variety and what to me seems like a more extensive and advanced game overall compared to super mario 3d land. Yes, 3d land has 8 special worlds, but remember the worlds on that game are rather short compared to the ones in 3d world. This is what it seems like to me personally, i might be wrong but thats how it feels to me, especially with my natural talent and ability to breeze through worlds on both games like a pure speedster, if you get what i mean.

I dont have any serious or major complaints about super mario 3d land, i just am more impressed with super mario 3d world. Im not hating on either game here; i love them both quite a lot. I like to go back to super mario 3d land at times though, it feels good to play that sometimes instead of 3d world. Idk if youre asking the question to help with a purchase decision or not, but im still happy to answer questions about mario! ;D

I am definitly going to say 3d land becauce its portable and its a long game ( if you dong use warp pipes). it took me 180= hours to pass completly 100%. its also rather intresting level desgin ,probobly because it sthe first 3d portable game so mabey they were just "experimenting" with the 3ds limits. it also has some Zelda easter eggs in some levels and I thought that was pretty cool. Final answer: mario 3d land

I am definitly going to say 3d land becauce its portable and its a long game ( if you dong use warp pipes). it took me 180= hours to pass completly 100%. its also rather intresting level desgin ,probobly because it sthe first 3d portable game so mabey they were just "experimenting" with the 3ds limits. it also has some Zelda easter eggs in some levels and I thought that was pretty cool. Final answer: mario 3d land

You thought it was a long game? Meh, it didn't seem that long to me really, i managed to 100% in just a couple days personally. Oh well, i guess its different for everyone :p

I can agree on some level though that it is longer than new super mario bros 2, that game has less worlds (including special mushroom, flower an star worlds). I also thought that game was easier than 3d land, probably because of the level design+ its less extensive than 3d land as well which is all you need to know to decide its easier.

All i did to finish 3d land was farm lives and just proceed through the levels like normal going for every star coin. If i were to choose favorites though (again this is a tough choice i love both) an decide by music i would pick new super mario bros 2. I loved the new super mario bros wii music an this game basically had the exact same music which i really like about the game :p

Edit: oops, i forgot it was super mario 3d world, not new super mario bros 2 sorry guys >~<

I would say Super Mario 3D Land is better because it is a portable game plus it has more interesting levels (in my opinion it has better levels, I am not saying that Super Mario 3D World has bad levels though, it is just that I think 3D Land's levels are better) and it just seems to be more fun for me :)

Honestly I like 3D world better for 1 reason, It's way easier.

I prefer Mario 3D World because of the stunning graphics, the interesting uses of the gamepad (which would see almost no use ever again past this point in any main-series nintendo game), the hectic four player action, and the wonderful level design and background music. All of these elements combine to make a truly excellent addition to the Mario series.

Back