Who else should have a year?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
oops i meant 2014. and i edited it. anyway do you think that it could be a year of yoshi in 2014? and do you think that it will happen the 3ds and wii u editions.

Well, Reggie alreadly said that The Year of Luigi content will extend into 2014, probably until March 28th (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon kicked off The Year of Luigi).

I'm sure there will be a 3DS XL themed after Yoshi's New Island, every other game gets one...

don't count on it. If they did too many "Year of X" it'd be a bit boring and not really special. Also, Year of Luigi was meant to mark Luigi's 25th anniversary of being in the series.

30th Anniversary.

Well, Reggie alreadly said that The Year of Luigi content will extend into 2014, probably until March 28th (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon kicked off The Year of Luigi).

I'm sure there will be a 3DS XL themed after Yoshi's New Island, every other game gets one...

30th Anniversary.
idk I think a lot of the bundles were because it was getting near the Holiday Season....

My bad, confused it with the Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary thing. You get what I'm saying though, right?

idk I think a lot of the bundles were because it was getting near the Holiday Season....

My bad, confused it with the Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary thing. You get what I'm saying though, right?

Yeah. The reason for so many limited edition 3DS XL's is because there isn't enough shelf space for all the normal colors. At least, that's what I read on Nintendo Life.

Yeah. The reason for so many limited edition 3DS XL's is because there isn't enough shelf space for all the normal colors. At least, that's what I read on Nintendo Life.
oh, I was thinking moreso because people would love to get Limited Edition stuff for Christmas and all. I guess that reason makes sense too thinking about it :p

i vote for yoshi
i think it should have a year too
since there was a year of luigi

Luigi should have another year, and another year on top of that, and 2 more on that, plus 7 more years for good measure. Can't have too much Luigi!

Luigi should have another year, and another year on top of that, and 2 more on that, plus 7 more years for good measure. Can't have too much Luigi!
The whole point of Year of Luigi was to celebrate Luigi's 30th anniversary in the franchise, so it'd kinda defeat the purpose for it to continue 7 more years.....on a side note, some Year of Luigi events ARE extending into early 2014

The whole point of Year of Luigi was to celebrate Luigi's 30th anniversary in the franchise, so it'd kinda defeat the purpose for it to continue 7 more years.....on a side note, some Year of Luigi events ARE extending into early 2014

Aquas was just making a joke because he loves Luigi. Unless everything I've known for the past 20 months have been a lie.

Aquas was just making a joke because he loves Luigi. Unless everything I've known for the past 20 months have been a lie.
Yep. I'm actually Mario wearing a Luigi suit. The truth had to come out sooner or later I guess.

Yep. I'm actually Mario wearing a Luigi suit. The truth had to come out sooner or later I guess.

At least, I think that making a Year of Luigi was a great idea, because, it changes, and makes Nintendo doesn't make a 100% focus on Mario.

But, Nintendo should be careful not to make too much "Year of (Put a Nintendo Video Game Character Here)"s.

At least, I think that making a Year of Luigi was a great idea, because, it changes, and makes Nintendo doesn't make a 100% focus on Mario.

But, Nintendo should be careful not to make too much "Year of (Put a Nintendo Video Game Character Here)"s.
Even though it was "Year of Luigi" all we really got was a new Luigi's Mansion, and a Super Mario Game that featured Luigi. I was hoping for some new concept with Luigi, or something like Mario Kart 8 to be named Luigi Kart XD

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Even though it was "Year of Luigi" all we really got was a new Luigi's Mansion, and a Super Mario Game that featured Luigi. I was hoping for some new concept with Luigi, or something like Mario Kart 8 to be named Luigi Kart XD

As we now have New Super Luigi U, we would get a Luigi Kart ? What about a Luigi Party, too ?!

That would be fun !

Reactions: Aquas
As we now have New Super Luigi U, we would get a Luigi Kart ? What about a Luigi Party, too ?!

That would be fun !
I don't think so... Since there is Already the series of Mario party why would they want to make. Luigi party ? And Mario kart too same reason ...

I don't think so... Since there is Already the series of Mario party why would they want to make. Luigi party ? And Mario kart too same reason ...
Wii would they make Super Luigi U then? Hmmm?

That would be fun !
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. The Year of Luigi events are ending in a relatively short time. I doubt they'll make games like Luigi Party and Luigi Kart

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. The Year of Luigi events are ending in a relatively short time. I doubt they'll make games like Luigi Party and Luigi Kart
At least we could get Luigi Golf: World Tour. I remember when they showcased the game that you could make tournaments where you can only play as Luigi.

At least we could get Luigi Golf: World Tour. I remember when they showcased the game that you could make tournaments where you can only play as Luigi.
I don't think they're going to go too far with Year of Luigi games. I mean, they've already done quite a bit for Luigi as is, I don't think he needs a lot more...

I don't think they're going to go too far with Year of Luigi games. I mean, they've already done quite a bit for Luigi as is, I don't think he needs a lot more...
I see you are a Luigi hater :thumbsdown: Why shouldn't Luigi get more games? He has like 4. Mario has 30 billion, and Link has 20 million, and even Yoshi has more.

I see you are a Luigi hater :thumbsdown: Why shouldn't Luigi get more games? He has like 4. Mario has 30 billion, and Link has 20 million, and even Yoshi has more.
I'm not a Luigi hater. Quite the opposite actually. I actually prefer Luigi over Mario. I'm just saying that if they do too many of Year of Luigi games, it really won't be so cool. If anything, they'd just be "clones" of other games in some cases.

And while we're on the topic of Link, notice how he's the main character yet just about all the titles only have Zelda's name in it.

I'm not a Luigi hater. Quite the opposite actually. I actually prefer Luigi over Mario. I'm just saying that if they do too many of Year of Luigi games, it really won't be so cool. If anything, they'd just be "clones" of other games in some cases.

And while we're on the topic of Link, notice how he's the main character yet just about all the titles only have Zelda's name in it.
Yeah lol. If Luigi got to be as used as Mario, I probably wouldn't like him as much anymore. As for Zelda games, I still don't really understand the concept behind the name, Legend of Link would make more sense.

Back