Who else should have a year?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Yeah lol. If Luigi got to be as used as Mario, I probably wouldn't like him as much anymore. As for Zelda games, I still don't really understand the concept behind the name, Legend of Link would make more sense.
Legend of Zelda sounds better (and LoL is already taken, sorry). I mean, Link was just a name to reference the link between the player and the character. Especially given the fact you can name Link, it wouldn't make sense for that to be the title. However, Zelda's name you can't change, but it's an important one to note throughout the series

Legend of Zelda sounds better (and LoL is already taken, sorry). I mean, Link was just a name to reference the link between the player and the character. Especially given the fact you can name Link, it wouldn't make sense for that to be the title. However, Zelda's name you can't change, but it's an important one to note throughout the series
But Nintendo even names the Link Link. Honestly, a lot of people call him Link and name their profiles that. LoZ does sound better, but the game has very little to do with her, except to rescue her.

But Nintendo even names the Link Link. Honestly, a lot of people call him Link and name their profiles that. LoZ does sound better, but the game has very little to do with her, except to rescue her.
The game has plenty to do with her given that a lot of the game does revolve around her. I mean, she's even a playable character in one game. It's a different Link each time as a different reincarnation of the Hero, while Zelda always comes from the same line of ancestry

The game has plenty to do with her given that a lot of the game does revolve around her. I mean, she's even a playable character in one game. It's a different Link each time as a different reincarnation of the Hero, while Zelda always comes from the same line of ancestry

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.
Notice how Zelda is still in the main title of it. So one time they decided to put Link in the title, big deal. My point in general still remains...I mean, it's not Link II: The Adventure of Link

Well I think Wario deserves a year of his own. He just has so much personality that it shouldn't be left unnoticed.

well mario is one and yoshi and Wario :p lol yoshi i like a lot though and he also sounds a lot like one of me best friends :p wario ... i don't know much about him lol and last but not least :p MARIO

I think there should be a Year of Bowser in 2015. ;)

I think there should be a Year of Bowser in 2015. ;)
haha yeah that would be good fun if there was one :p everyone would go crazy like browser and were
those back packs you get at virgin mega store :p the spiky one :p and every one would have it ...

hell !!!

a MINIATURE ARMY OF BROWSERS

Maybe Toad? he's earned/deserved it, I think so.

and why Wario? must be some kind of joke...xD

Why is this just in the Mario section? Well I can tell you who's not going to have a year after them. Anything Mother/Earthbound related, anything not a first party title, I doubt it would be F-Zero of Star Fox related. Either it is related to Pokemon or it is related to Legend of Zelda (since so far Luigi is the only one to have a year to himself and the Mario series is pretty popular). Hmm. A Year of the dragon, Mario, Magikarp, Ditto Ganondorf? Wario is too lesser known to have a year to himself. (Unless that's what Nintendo would want which would be making lesser known games more popular)[/S]

Why is this just in the Mario section? Well I can tell you who's not going to have a year after them. Anything Mother/Earthbound related, anything not a first party title, I doubt it would be F-Zero of Star Fox related. Either it is related to Pokemon or it is related to Legend of Zelda (since so far Luigi is the only one to have a year to himself and the Mario series is pretty popular). Hmm. A Year of the dragon, Mario, Magikarp, Ditto Ganondorf? Wario is too lesser known to have a year to himself. (Unless that's what Nintendo would want which would be making lesser known games more popular)[/S]
I would like the idea of Mother/Earthbound dedicated year, I agree though, Nintendo won't do much of a tribute to thier smaller franchise... For some reason, not sure how to put this, but I think Animal Crossing needs some kind of dedicated year the game deserves it. But this is sadly Mario related so, I'd like Rosalina to get her year, she's an amazing character, and I seriously love her. :love:

Bowser and/or Peach is deserving of their own year. They have just as much titles as Luigi and although they do get a lot attention from Nintendo, they've never really had their own dedicated game (besides 1 for Peach).

Come to think it it, I'd prefer if Nintendo just resurrected other big franchises like Starfox or F-Zero before that though. Those seemed to have been abandoned.

Bowser and/or Peach is deserving of their own year. They have just as much titles as Luigi and although they do get a lot attention from Nintendo, they've never really had their own dedicated game (besides 1 for Peach).

Come to think it it, I'd prefer if Nintendo just resurrected other big franchises like Starfox or F-Zero before that though. Those seemed to have been abandoned.
Couldn't agree with you more, it feels like Nintendo is just recycling the current franchises, I don't think it's fair to the other big franchises to not get any recognition that they deserve! For example: Starfox and F-Zero, fans been craving for new titles in those series.

They deserve something for capturing the hearts of gamers, and I'm sure we'll appreciate if they get their own year!

The year of Yoshi would be nice if it guarantees that fried eggs become cheaper. :eek:

I think that Nintendo might make a Year of Toad to promote Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker. I don't really like that idea but it might make sense in the eyes of someone from the advertising department. Another one is the Year of Link, which I think is very possible since it would promote Zelda U (the biggest Zelda release in recent times). They might choose other characters too, like Samus if there was to be another Metroid game. We'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I think Waluigi deserves a year for sure :p He has no games, appears in games rarely and doesn't get any of the honor the other characters have. It would only be fair that the next year should be "The year of Waluigi!"

No one else needs a year, just give them a game or two and say "because it's their ___ anniversary". It only worked for Luigi because they had a lot of ideas to work with and because he's a very major character in the series.

Back