Who is your favorite Anime character?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
My top 5 anime characters in no particular order:

1.) Spike Spiegel - Cowboy Bebop

Spike may be a very complex character but that doesn't stop him from being relate able, he's rash, reckless, and he carries grudges as well, he's a surprising contrast between laid back and dark and moody. Spike may not be a completely original character in the wide world of anime, but he certainly stands out among his peers, its what makes him Spike Spiegel.

2.) Vash the Stampede - Trigun

Vash in my opinion is the best way to go about creating a character with a troubling backstory without making them one dimensional. He has two very distinct personalities, one being very carefree and idiotic to make people feel he is nonthreatening and ultimately mask his own pain, the other personality being very depressing and lonely mostly due to the amount of loss he's had during his life, many people he's trusted have betrayed him or merely been killed for even knowing him. Vash refuses to kill anyone, and because of this, his body has many scars, consequences of his seemingly unlimited mercy.

3.) Homura Akemi - Madoka Magica

Homura may seem very cold, but that's only because of the suffering she's experienced during her time as a magical girl, in the original timeline she's portrayed as a very shy girl with little to no confidence, but once she gains her magical powers, and travels through multiple timelines in order to save Madoka does her personality start to change. Homura shows great perseverance and loyalty in her efforts to save her friends that its quite hard not to like her as a character.

4.) Ladd Russo - Baccano!

There is a saying that when you stare into the abyss, it stares back at you, and never has that been more true than when looking at Ladd Russo. This character is almost a study in what it means to be evil, truly evil. This character is violence incarnate. He cares about nothing, absolutely nothing, beyond violence. He wants to kill, tear apart, and destroy in ways that he finds amusing. His own mortality seems to not interest him in the slightest, since he is totally assured of his own superiority before those he kills. This guy views killing and mutilation as his only reason to exist in this world. Beyond that, it is just him enjoying every minute of it.

5.) Griffith - Berserk

Griffith is the bold, brave, arrogant, genius leader willing to go to extreme lengths to attain victory. He is also very much traumatized by the lives he's sacrificed and the ugly path he treads to the crown. He feels that he constantly has to win, and when he gets defeated, it overwhelms Griffith, and leads to his downfall. Griffith may not be very relate able, but that doesn't stop him from being one of the most intriguing anime characters ever written.

Reactions: Ashkil and Marc
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
250px-Death_the_Kid.jpeg

Konata - Lucky Star
29075.jpg

Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
Imma just list the traits I like about him
He's honest, he's got a great sense of adventure, he's SUPER loyal to his comrades (regardless of how long he's know them for), he's got a strong sense of morality even though he's a pirate and he's funny as heck, I can't watch scenes with him without laughing my head off :p
Can't wait till he's Pirate King :D

Reactions: SaToRi and Alex
I have so many to choose from, but since you said favorite character, I'd keep it short and simple.

My favorite Anime character is probably Luffy from One Piece. He cares about his friends so much, that he's willing to risk his life to make sure they are safe, and that he helps them acheive their goals. Luffy is also funny as hell. Luffy + Chopper + Usopp makes for hilarious moments in this anime. I promise you you'll be dying. Luffy Also is strong, and knows how to use his strenghts to his advantage. Whenever he loses a fight, he thinks of ways to use his Devil Fruit to make him stronger to protect his Nakama. One last thing I like Luffy is his ability to eat Meat. He might even trump Goku in that reguard. I'm not sure who'd win in an eating contest between Luffy and Goku. All i Know is Luffy's bell can expand like rubber. Hence holding more food.

Honarable Mentions from other Anime;

Authran - Gundam Seed
L - Death Note
Nagi Sanzenin - Hayate no Gotku
Hinagiku - hayate no Gotku
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Kuroku - Railgun
Accelerator - Index
Allen Walker - D. Gray Man
Gaara/Deidara - Naruto
Zoro - One Piece
Vegeta - Dragonball Z

Reactions: Marc
There are so many to choose and to just pick one that is hard but I don't know which one is my favourite character but one thing is for sure he has to be from Bleach or Naruto.Most of the characters from these two animes are funny,brave,skillful and have a sad childhood(Naruto,Gaara,etc).They are both action animes that I think you people would find interesting if you watch a couple of episodes of them.

But here is the list of my favourite persons from different animes:
Dragon Ball z:Goku
Naruto:Killerbee or Obito or Naruto or etc(cannot ,make up my mind for this one)
Bleach:Ichigo or some few other people I know of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm this is interesting.

First is easily Spike Spiegel. He is the definition of cool, and is the largest reason why Cowboy Bebop is the greatest anime of all time. His mysterious past, his skills with the gun, his obvious references to Bruce Lee, even his outfit and smoking makes him easily the best character of all anime. Plus Steven Blum is one hell of a voice actor.

Second is Mugen. I'm a great Watanabe fan, if you couldn't guess and Mugen is truly brilliant. Rude and crass, but a hell of a lot of fun, Mugen really pushed some parts of the story. The episodes which dealt with his past were probably some of my favourite episodes of any anime. Plus his fighting style was awesome to watch.

Third goes to Alucard from both Hellsing and Ultimate. Alucard is a lear cut anti-hero and I love it. He's got no morals but a strong sense of loyalty, he has insane powers and his voice actor Crispin freeman has the coolest voice of all time.

Fourth goes to Light Yagami. He's one hell of a character, a genius and one with exceptionally well cut morals. I'm sort of a fan of anti-heroes, and Light fits the bill so perfectly. Plus his mental battles with L made the show one of the most engaging shows to watch.

Honourable mentions go to Lelouch of Code Geass, Vash the Stampede from Trigun, Edward Elric and Maes Hughes from FMA and Hei from Darker Than Black

I love Doraemon and Pikachu. They are so cute. I really like them.

Their characters, their attitude are all good. I love them. :)

5.sasuke from naruto shippuden because he just cool and powerful 4.itachi sasuke's brother he's just strong and cool i like playin as him in naruto shippuden CLASH OF NINJA REVOLUTION 3 3.EREN from ATTACK ON TITAN just his style and how he can turn into a ttiittaaaannnnn!!!!? 2.naruto is just as cool as his dad it's just fun to watch him fight 1.................gohan from dragon ball z he was a shy young boy which is son of goku he becomes a bad a*$ when his fighting cell and bojack his just one of the favorit DBZ CHARACTERS honorable metions ammoro of ammoor for umisho naked swimming club and vegta from DBZ

i mean ammoorro of amoro from umisho :)

Anime characters are great I've heard of many anime character Luffy, Naruto, Natsu, Toriko, Goku, Tatsumi, Ichigo, Zoro, Akame, Light, Edward Elric .etc

My favorite anime character would have to be Luffy and Naruto
I also really like Edward Elric, Akame and also Natsu(not a bad character)

I like Luffy because of his strong WILL, how epic and adventurous he can be at the same time air headed he also made the ability to strech really EPIC (at first i thought it was stupid but then it all changed)

who's your favorite anime character? why?:)

My favorite female character would be Uryuu Minene from Mirai Nikki. She's one hell of a awesome and her whole role in the anime was just brilliant!

image.jpg

My favorite male character would be L Lawliet from Death Note. He's mysterious, charming, and a genius! He's the whole package. c;

image.jpg

My favorite anime character, without a doubt, is Joseph Joestar from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. The series as a whole is just entertaining, full of action and humor, but Joseph has got to be my favorite because of his personality. We meet him in Part 2 as a hot-headed young man and see him in Part 3 as an old man who has matured but bursts of his childish personality comes through and I really love that about him XD It's also quite funny when he speaks in English lol

I have loaddddss!!
But if I have to choose a handful, maybe...

Levi from AOT, because he is awesome!
levi_rivaille_coloring_by_cammie_972-d74ukyt.png

Makishima from Yowamushi Pedal, because he is so nice and awkwardly cute XD
tumblr_myax5oSMg11r4buxao8_250.gif

Tokiya from Uta no Prince Sama, his songs are greattttt I love his voice (Miyano Mamoru, Yagami Light voice actor)
FnfpAQ_oRY9eSJXSXM_Ma615UAM.png

Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler, as he is such an adorable little devil ><
oyasumi_ciel_phantomhive_by_meyrinnight009-d5ybe6h.jpg

Anddd much more XD

Daiki_Aomine_anime.png

Aomine daiki
Just 2 fab 4 U

I like akame from akame ga kill
She is wonderful and also like menma from AnoHana why is the character that has made me mourn more

i could tie a eating contest with Goku, Kilua Naruto in noodles challange but i would surely lose to Choji, Zoe, and Chie at BBQ chalenge
Chie Satonaka said:
oh! a fillet, it sounds nice and espancive
Chie Satonaka said:
:singing: fillet fillet fillet minion :singing:
Yosuke Hanamura said:
you will pay for it too, you have as much blame as i do
Yu Narukami said:

but truly my favorite anime character is Yasu from The World Ahead

I think I probably like Goku the most, Vegeta cause he's so bad and tough and a jerk ,but together unstoppable and Master Roshi cause its hillarious when he acts like such a perv.%

I think I probably like Goku the most, Vegeta cause he's so bad and tough and a jerk ,but together unstoppable and Master Roshi cause its hillarious when he acts like such a perv.%
the old master that teached our hero when he was a kid with a tailed monster ready to destroy, and he also was the teacher of that kid family member, and like peep at girls in bikini...... that sounds familiar, jump comic?
perverts_by_danndable-d4xxy5d.jpg

My favorite anime character is Yusuke Urameshi because at first he seems like a brat that nobody should give the time of day to but then he develops into an admirable and strong young man that all young boys strive to be.

Ryuuko from Kill La Kill

Back