Who says that Wii U has no games this year

• Thread starter jandkas
  • Start date
  • ...Six? Sorry, but that's an exaggeration. No company could survive (around) twenty to thirty years without going bankrupt. I could see one or two generations of Nintendo not doing well, but Sega was demolished in the span of the Dreamcast, in the aftermath of the PS2, although the Saturn was a failure in its immediate past.
    HYPOTHETICALLY, mind you, many articles state that they have so much money in the bank that they could not make a profit and still survive until 2075. Also Sega was financially suffering HEAVILY while Nintendo is taking a minor step back. I know you might not read this but I earnestly suggest that you throughly read this article http://playeressence.com/microsoft-...ty-than-nintendo-lets-get-the-facts-straight/
    and ruminate over the arguments.

Reactions: Kaynil
But would Nintendo be acquired? Definitely. Their IPs would slowly die over that time, but they would be acquired before a third failure would occur.

But would Nintendo be acquired? Definitely. Their IPs would slowly die over that time, but they would be acquired before a third failure would occur.

Actually Nintendo is scared about the end of Miyamoto. Because of that, Nintendo started to work and searching some help, like Platinum+ Games

Actually Nintendo is scared about the end of Miyamoto. Because of that, Nintendo started to work and searching some help, like Platinum+ Games
And people said that too when Gunpei Yoko died.

And people said that too when Gunpei Yoko died.

I know, but he's the creator of Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero and others...
THAT is the problem. I mean, Nintendo won't be the same without him.

I know, but he's the creator of Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero and others...
THAT is the problem. I mean, Nintendo won't be the same without him.
I'm pretty sure that games are a collective international effort of developers, coders, and marketers, just because 1 man retires doesn't mean that the entire company loses everything. Just look at apple, they lost steve, and it been like at least 1 or 2 years since and the company hasn't gone under.

I'm pretty sure that games are a collective international effort of developers, coders, and marketers, just because 1 man retires doesn't mean that the entire company loses everything. Just look at apple, they lost steve, and it been like at least 1 or 2 years since and the company hasn't gone under.
Nintendo already saw Yamauchi retire. That was probably worse than Miyamoto, aside from the media impact.

Just because Miyamoto retires or dies doesn't mean all the franchises he created will vanish into thin air. Nintendo needn't really worry about that.

Reactions: jandkas
Nintendo is preparing for that, which is why sigeru isn't being too deep involved and new teams are forming. I think I read somewhere he is also training young people. So I am sure it won't be a drastic change, these men are smart. Hopefully people as creative will bring more ideas and new game franchise concepts to keep Nintendo going.

Nintendo already saw Yamauchi retire. That was probably worse than Miyamoto, aside from the media impact.
Yeah, but really he was just the president and didn't design games which means that game quality were not affected.

I believe that Iwata should restore the original corporate structure from the NES era.

Nintendo, instead of using its current approach of internal cooperation, pitted internal teams against each other for pay and publishing. They should at least use a derivative of this approach for their current business, since it creates new franchises etc.

pitted internal teams against each other for pay and publishing.
That would be terrible and disastrous in this economic climate. Also would you care to expound on how this would be better for them, like thought experiments or models?

I believe that Iwata should restore the original corporate structure from the NES era.

Nintendo, instead of using its current approach of internal cooperation, pitted internal teams against each other for pay and publishing. They should at least use a derivative of this approach for their current business, since it creates new franchises etc.

Something like that was happen with SEGA Japan and SEGA America?

Something like that was happen with SEGA Japan and SEGA America?
Could you tell what happened with them?

Could you tell what happened with them?

I know something like that happened, but don't remember.
I think it was with Sonic 2 and Sonic CD, but, sorry.

Yeah, but really he was just the president and didn't design games which means that game quality were not affected.
He was a brilliant businessman, though. He also knew which games were good and which were not good.
That would be terrible and disastrous in this economic climate. Also would you care to expound on how this would be better for them, like thought experiments or models?
Internal competition works the same way as any other competition. They (should) want to win. Therefore, they make better products in order to win. This has been copied by every company from Apple (for the iPhone with the OSX and iPod teams competing for the then-new "iPhone") to (apparently) Sega, yet it was dropped at Nintendo because Miyamoto came to dominate the system. Therefore, it should be revived to find a "new Miyamoto" of sorts.

Yamauchi was basically a great business and management thinker. He alone would identify which games people would like, and Miyamoto tended to make those games.

He was a brilliant businessman, though. He also knew which games were good and which were not good.

Internal competition works the same way as any other competition. They (should) want to win. Therefore, they make better products in order to win. This has been copied by every company from Apple (for the iPhone with the OSX and iPod teams competing for the then-new "iPhone") to (apparently) Sega, yet it was dropped at Nintendo because Miyamoto came to dominate the system. Therefore, it should be revived to find a "new Miyamoto" of sorts.

Yamauchi was basically a great business and management thinker. He alone would identify which games people would like, and Miyamoto tended to make those games.
Maybe this method was Sega's downfall, because 2 divisions tried to accel in hardware development.

Maybe this method was Sega's downfall, because 2 divisions tried to accel in hardware development.
Nah, there was a bit of stupidity with Sega's downfall. They revealed the hardware that was still under NDA at the time and lost the original Dreamcast hardware and had to redo it based on the other team's hardware, for one. Other causes included the PS2's powerful popularity, which decimated the Dreamcast. They actually started the generation doing fine, but the PS2 brought them down, which is often overlooked. They also made mistakes with the Saturn, which probably had more influence than the Dreamcast failure, really.

Also, I looked up the Sega Japan and Sega USA conflict. It's not the same as what Yamauchi did with Nintendo. Sega USA had internal tension, not internal competition. With the Dreamcast, I remember there were two teams of Sega Japan, though.

Nah, there was a bit of stupidity with Sega's downfall. They revealed the hardware that was still under NDA at the time and lost the original Dreamcast hardware and had to redo it based on the other team's hardware, for one. Other causes included the PS2's powerful popularity, which decimated the Dreamcast. They actually started the generation doing fine, but the PS2 brought them down, which is often overlooked. They also made mistakes with the Saturn, which probably had more influence than the Dreamcast failure, really.

Also, I looked up the Sega Japan and Sega USA conflict. It's not the same as what Yamauchi did with Nintendo. Sega USA had internal tension, not internal competition. With the Dreamcast, I remember there were two teams of Sega Japan, though.

Thanks to you, I'm learning a little about SEGA history :p

Thanks to you, I'm learning a little about SEGA history :p
And the original two companies that merged to create Sega were American and moved to Japan when they merged.

Funny, huh?

(I lol'd at the like on a thank-you post and not the original post.)

Anyway, Nintendo should definitely go back to Yamauchi's old strategy for new IPs.

Reactions: ErixSan
Back