Who says that Wii U has no games this year

• Thread starter jandkas
  • Start date
And the original two companies that merged to create Sega were American and moved to Japan when they merged.

Funny, huh?

(I lol'd at the like on a thank-you post and not the original post.)

Anyway, Nintendo should definitely go back to Yamauchi's old strategy for new IPs.
I don't think that would necessarily work in this climate, especially with Iwata's reluctance to put any performance reducing risks, because competition can definitely backfire.

And the original two companies that merged to create Sega were American and moved to Japan when they merged.

Funny, huh?

(I lol'd at the like on a thank-you post and not the original post.)

Anyway, Nintendo should definitely go back to Yamauchi's old strategy for new IPs.

Well, I actually knew about SEGA origins :p

PS: Now I have to like you :D!

I don't think that would necessarily work in this climate, especially with Iwata's reluctance to put any performance reducing risks, because competition can definitely backfire.
The possibility is a whole different story. There would likely be no possibility of Yamauchi's strategies being reinstated, I agree.

The possibility is a whole different story. There would likely be no possibility of Yamauchi's strategies being reinstated, I agree.
Also I heard that Yamauchi was the one who soured relations with most 3rd parties, which caused Square Enix to not bring Final Fantasy 7 or something, so I doubt if Iwata wants to go back.

Also I heard that Yamauchi was the one who soured relations with most 3rd parties, which caused Square Enix to not bring Final Fantasy 7 or something, so I doubt if Iwata wants to go back.

Well, that comes because Square Enix needed more than one cartridge (FFVII use 3 CD's, FFVIII and FFIX use 4 CD's for example), so...

Saying goodbye to Final Fantasy plus the creation of the Sony PlayStation are two of the biggest mistakes made for Nintendo :confused:

Well, that comes because Square Enix needed more than one cartridge (FFVII use 3 CD's, FFVIII and FFIX use 4 CD's for example), so...

Saying goodbye to Final Fantasy plus the creation of the Sony PlayStation are two of the biggest mistakes made for Nintendo :confused:
Sure, but Yamauchi really burned a lot of bridges with 3rd parties.

Sure, but Yamauchi really burned a lot of bridges with 3rd parties.
How? The NES and SNES, which were "his children" so to speak, were huge on third parties. The N64, which was a Nintendo console which focused on performance over developers, made it "hard" to develop games. You could actually say the same, albeit to a lesser extent, about the Wii U. It doesn't run a slow and expensive PC CPU. In my experience, most developers care more about easy than anything -- even money. I'm not even kidding about the "even money" part, sadly. Yamauchi "burned bridges" by not making things easy enough and staying with more high-performance cartridges over more high-capacity discs. He built the bridges though, so why would he be so bad?
Nintendo made a mistake with choosing performance over capacity, as stated above. IIRC Square (not Square Enix yet) cited the lack of storage space on the cartridges as the primary reason for ditching Nintendo.

Nintendo made a mistake with choosing performance over capacity, as stated above. IIRC Square (not Square Enix yet) cited the lack of storage space on the cartridges as the primary reason for ditching Nintendo.

Well, Think back to the gamecube. It used to be great for both Performance and Capacity, it just wasn't up to high standards for the time that it was released, saying that the Xbox and the PS2 were mostly the best preforming consoles at the time because they had higher RAM, and higher speed, but overall the console was pretty good. That's the same situation the Wii U is in, It has great Performance and Capacity (Other than the Lag for switching to app and game), It just isn't in match with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, and now that that PS4 and Xbox One is coming out, it will be putting more pressure on Nintendo to make the Wii U a very good and popular console to match with the PS4 and Xbox One.

...and that's how you make cupcakes.

Last edited:
Well, Think back to the gamecube. It used to be great for both Performance and Capacity, it just wasn't up to high standards for the time that it was released, saying that the Xbox and the PS2 were mostly the best preforming consoles at the time because they had higher RAM, and higher speed, but overall the console was pretty good. That's the same situation the Wii U is in, It has great Performance and Capacity (Other than the Lag for switching to app and game), It just isn't in match with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, and now that that PS4 and Xbox One is coming out, it will be putting more pressure on Nintendo to make the Wii U a very good and popular console to match with the Wii U and Xbox One.

Well, for example, the Sega Dreamcast was a little more powerful than the PS2, and the PS2 won anyways :p

Well, actually, the PS4 and Xbox One are actually modded-PC, so I can see the console hacked in about two or three years... maybe less.

With that, maybe Nintendo will get some third-party games...

Well, for example, the Sega Dreamcast was a little more powerful than the PS2, and the PS2 won anyways :p

Well, actually, the PS4 and Xbox One are actually modded-PC, so I can see the console hacked in about two or three years... maybe less.

With that, maybe Nintendo will get some third-party games...
I'd see it sooner than that.

Well, Think back to the gamecube. It used to be great for both Performance and Capacity, it just wasn't up to high standards for the time that it was released, saying that the Xbox and the PS2 were mostly the best preforming consoles at the time because they had higher RAM, and higher speed, but overall the console was pretty good. That's the same situation the Wii U is in, It has great Performance and Capacity (Other than the Lag for switching to app and game), It just isn't in match with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, and now that that PS4 and Xbox One is coming out, it will be putting more pressure on Nintendo to make the Wii U a very good and popular console to match with the Wii U and Xbox One.

Fun fact the Wii U is still better than the 360 and PS3 but the sources on the Wii U inferiority to the 360 were Microsoft partners.

Reactions: jandkas
Back