Who/what got you into pokemon?

• Thread starter Lingojingo
  • Start date
I probably had my first experience with Pokémon Crystal and I loved the series since then, playing Yellow afterwards then getting the new games as they came out. Needless to say it has been an enjoyable experience :)

I think that to me , there was really so many things that got me into the Pokemon series :p I watched the series anime on television , I saw commercials of the latest and newest Pokemon games , and there was also the cards :p It was something that I could have never possibly missed out :p

The thing that got me into pokemon is my sister buying me Pokemon Diamond for my birthsay one year. After getting it, I beat the game in 7 days. After that, I got to play Platinum and learned about competitive battling, and it has continued to this day.

i can beat a pokemon game in 2 days or less. there were many other games i beat in less than a day. the one game i had a hard time with was assassins creed 4. i kept taking too much damage on my ship and cant upgrade my ship unless i loot other ships and riskin the damage of my ship.

It was a while ago since i got my first pokemon game, but my pokemon history dates back further. I used to play my brother's gba games and he loves pokemon. So pkaying his gba was what got me into it.

When I was a young kid mom got me a gbc and pokemon yellow and dad got me a bunch of other games. I've been hooked on pokemon ever since. It was my childhood. It still is my childhood.

You might be surprised by this but I got into POkemon by playing the TCG which I got into by seeing people in my school bus play it. After I got into that, I got into the video games, then the anime, then the manga.

I got into it since I was very young. Having no Cable TV or Satellite, we had CDs of Pokemon. I couldn't remember when it started, but maybe when I was four. It became a very big part of my life since then.

Before I got my 3DS, I'd keep playing Pokemon Emerald. I've played through it countless of times, though I couldn't feel it fully since I wasn't able to get a Dusknoir (not to mention it was gen 3 and I wouldn't have gotten one by trading anyway). That's why I picked OR over X/Y. Then I picked OR over AS because of Reshiram. Weird, though, OR is more expensive than AS here.

I still remember the school had in playschool and nursery school. I loved that bag. This bag was my irst touch to pokemon. In that time, pokemon was really popular everything, i.e. my pencil, my eraser and ny pencilbox had pokemon logo on it. I now started liking pokemon even more.

My brother got some fan-made games on the computer. Those games were pretty boring if I look at them now, but at that time I used to LOVE those games so much I spent 3 hours on the comp everyday.

My neighbor used to love pokemon (he still does) and has been playing the games on emulators for a very long time. He is the one who gave my brother roms fo all pokemon games. I was really small at that time and I messed up on those games. My brother used to get his teams trained by me. He told me to just walk left and right on the grass and when a pokemon appears, I should keep pressing A. He took advantage of me, but Im not unhappy at all. In fact, I loved training his team.

When I grew older, I started playing the games myself. My first game was Platinum, and my first starter was Chimchar. By now, I had a lot of affection to pokemon.

but thats not all. I even found roms of many spin-off games. Those games reminded me of childhood, when I used to play the games. A few years after, I got a 3DS and I got pokemon X. Pokemon has changed a lot since childhood, but I still love pokemon as much.

(the only thing I hate is that the pokemon made today are inspired from ice-creams (vanillite and evos.), gears (Kling and stuff) and lamps (chandelure). In our time, pokemon made were so cool!

I saw people playing it and was like, "It may be interesting..." And then my Godparent's sons introduced me to it and I decided to play it!

i must have been around five years old when i saw the show/ it started airing on tv.

My best friend was a Pokemon fanatic with a bunch of cards, games,many the toys. I started to collect the cards first. I wasn't much of a battler, I just like the pictures on the cards and coloecting the coolest ones. I never saw the point of the games at first. I was like what's the point of just walking around. I didn't see the whole Pokemon part I guess. Then I finally played my friends Pokemon emerald after he told me to try it. After that I loved the series. I loved the simple battling and the adventures. I then proceeded to get a 3ds to get Pokemon omega ruby because it was a 3rd gen remake. I then got Pokemon Y and the original Pokemon red for my gameboy advanced.

Well, I'd say the thing that got me into Pokemon would have to be the anime. I started watching it when I was like four or five years old. Eventually, I started getting the Pokemon games and I've been hooked ever since. Though, I will admit, there are some games I don't actually play because I'm either not interested, or I've played them before, but lost interest in them. Also, I very sparsely watch the anime now, and I have zero interest in the Trading Card Game.

I was little, like kindergarten age when the anime series started and I would watch it every morning before I went to school. I remember having my mom enter contests which won me a gamboy and Pokémon games and I would play them every day.

I remember getting a Raichu plush and took it everywhere (even to school) I packed it so much it's tail fell off...literally :panda:.

That was like 199o something, and here it is 2015 and I still love the series!

When I was 5 or 6 my Aunt showed me a cool game called Pokemon Sapphire which she loved to play. She gave me her cartridge and her gameboy. I was hooked on the game. I played in my house, while walking, eating, I played it everywhere. Eventually I started playing all the Pokemon games. This was a great decision that made me who I am today.

My cousin actually got me hooked into Pokemon. One summer we were all at my grandparents house and I saw my cousin playing Pokemon. I knew the game, I just didn't think I would enjoy playing it! He was getting really frustrated at the Pokemon league in Pokemon platinum because he just couldn't beat it:eek: I tried it to see if I could accomplish this task, and I did. I was instantly hooked and I still am today:D

When I wasn't into games so much because I sucked at them at the time I always thought I might like these games because of the cartridges. My brother liked Pokemon a lot and he started playing since Pokemon yellow and that was his first Pokemon game and of course he is my big brother and his game cartridges looked appealing to me be of the color so I asked him if I could play it because he had his Pokedex completed on all of them and had good Pokemon and at high levels, and I didn't know what this meant at that time but I said I understand and it was fine but my birthday was coming up and he felt bad about that so when Pokemon diamond and pearl came out he bought me diamond and pearl for him. He said he wanted to teach me how to play it and he wanted to progress together with me and he'd wait even if it takes awhile for me to move on. That has always been a favorite memory of mine and a surprise to me as my brother has autism so after I played that game I decided I liked the game and wanted to play more games with him and for him because what he did for me when I thought he couldn't buy those games that day but he did anyways.

One of my child hood friends let me borrow a copy of his pearl game and I just sat and played untill somehow my ds died. I later tryed agin and agin untill I had to give it back to him. I actually haven't seen him in years. He got in trouble with some bad kids and haven't seen him scence...

I was a really little kid. I loved playing Mario and Kirby and stuff on my DS and one night my dad came home from work with Pokemon Diamond. I instantly fell in love with it and played it ALL the time. I remember getting my friends to get it and helping eachother out on the elite 4 and giving eachother tips that we have learnt. It was a blast and I can't wait for D/P remakes in like 2 million years!

Played Pokémon Silver for the 1st time and, I just fall love with it. No blood, violence, okay story and free roaming, what more?
All these things got me into Pokémon! :)

I also do re-play Pokémon and, I just try to catch all the Pokémons, and, in my opinion, Pokémon games are one of my favourite games that I have ever played.

Back