Who/what got you into pokemon?

• Thread starter Lingojingo
  • Start date
Played it on my first Nintendo console, the game boy. I always had fun with the red and blue games. I remember shrieking in excitement when I got my ds and randomly stumbled across my fire red game. Those are memories i will always cherish.

So this tale goes back to when I was about 3 or 4 years old, I don't exactly remember. I was at home watching pokemon (btw my mum used to put it on for me when I was a baby, so I was fully aware that it existed) I had a GBA SP at the time, I didn't really have any proper games for it, besides, I didn't really care much for it. I was half-aware that the games existed at this point in time, after seeing Pokemon Emerald in a shop, a few days before. My dad just arrived home from doing whatever he was doing, I don't really remember, I was 3. He then gave me Pokemon Emerald, little me just thought it was another GBA game and decided to save it until later. Later that very same day, I decided to play it, I put in the game. And BAM I was instantly hooked onto it.

My brothers. They played Pokemon Blue (Doesn't works anymore)it since they was a little on our Gameboy (Yes, the FIRST one), and when I was a little my brother downloaded an Emulator with Pokemon Silver, So I played it alot, then Pokemon Sapphire, Until we bought a DSi XL with Pokemon Platinum, then I bought with my own money a 2DS and some games, until now.

Back When I was younger, My brother bought me PKMN Red and himself PKMN Blue. I did not much liek the concept of the game until I tried it. It had a real nice story line, great concepts of catching monsters and battling them. Not only were there monsters but there were tons of them to collect, and for me at that point the collecting is what pulled me in, I was obsessed with collecting all the PKMN. Was not as easy back then as it is now with wonder trade and the GTS, we had to link up physically with a link cable (No Game sharks, cheating takes the fun out of PKMN). But I was able to achieve getting all 151 pokemon in PKMN Red 2 years after release, I was hooked then and still am The collecting is definitely my pulling point of the game, followed by the highly customization moves and battles!

The Anime. I went on Netflix and I saw the Pokemon Black and White Anime. I decided to watch it. I liked it. So I watched a few more episodes. I also watched the 1st gen Anime. After some time I decided to fall in love with Pokemon. So I wanted to get the games. Pokemon ORAS was my First Game. After some time of playing the game, I fell in love even more :love: So I decided to plan to get some of the other Pokemon Games and I will play them in the furture. Also thanks to my love of Pokemon, It became my Favorite Video Game Series of All Time. And that is How I got into Pokemon.

When i was little my parents traveled to another country bringing me my nintendo DS with pokemon platinum and a torterra figure since then i love pokemon and i have all the games that are out in the day counting remakes and originals pokemon was my first nintendo game

I randomly played it somewhere idk know though
My older brother used to be way too into the first pokemon games, he had a gameboy advanced and all of the first pokemon games.
Shortly after we moved from oakland to union city he lost his pokemon games and gameboy advanced.
After seeing just how much it angered my brother to lose all of his games really piped my interest in the pokemon world as a whole.
Sadly thought it would take me years later to really get into the games but now that i have i can happily say that i am a fan in fact i love all main story games.

I learned about Pokemonfrom the merchandise and the anime. I used to see Pikachu plushes all around, and then I happened to catch the anime on TV. (I forget which season) But of course, I fell in love and got addicted to the cards. It was a couple of years until I got my first game Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Sky. I love the Pokemon anime and I don't think I'll ever stop watching it.

I remember my friend telling me I could play pokemon sapphire through emulator on my computer, so I asked him to come to my house and set it up, so he came, explained how I should open games and that's how I started loving pokemon, with pokemon sapphire. First starter I choose ever was Torchic, and when he evolved into Blaziken he was soooo awesome :) he still is, but not as awesome as Swampert :p

I heard Pokémon for the first time when it was mentioned in one of the magazines, and soon after, the Pokémon anime become booming that I'm interested in watching it, in my relative's house. Soon after, I saw my cousins playing several Pokémon games in his GBC, including Pokémon Yellow that piqued my interest, and the game which later known as the infamous Vietnamese Crystal. After seeing them and borrowed my cousin's GBC for a while to play these games, I started to get interested in Pokémon even more.

My cousins had Pokemon cards and one time we went to a Game Stop to buy Pokemon Silver and Blue for our GBA SPs. I played Blue version and my brother looked up cheats for Blue version online and I just loved trying glitches out but I ended up hating them afterwards because they just made things on the screen look garbled up.

When I was 4 my sister gave me a gameboy. It was my first game console. The games I had was Pokemon yellow, Pokemon blue, Pokemon red. I lost Pokemon red and Pokemon blue at Walmart when I was playing it there. LOL (Not really it was really sad, the only gameboy game I have right now is Pokemon Yellow and the trading card game and my gameboy is partially broken

Reactions: sagmaster
I went to mc donalds one day and got a 4 free pokemon cards. I started to like pokemon and after pokemon soul silver came out. I wanted it so bad that I begged my parents to buy me the game. I also couldn't help myself from spending money for the trading cards so that's why right now, I have a big old stack up pokemon cards in my closet.

I also learned the tv show and the movies

At first, I never actually liked pokemon, there were so many, any it was too confusing for me, but my friend kept talking over and over again about it. He always tried to talk me into playing the game,. It took many months, but finally, i bought my first pokemon game. BEST DAY EVER! I loved it, and played it for hours and hours and hours and hours at a time, and I kept learning, and getting better at it, and now, I'm even better at it than my friend is. And today, I still play pokemon constantly for hours. So, the moral of this story is, one little thing or person, can change your life forever.
Haha, that's the kind of friend i hate the most! But then i guess in some cases, such as yours they aright and you are wrong. But when you do end up getting the game, should you ever get it, i always feel as though there is a heck of a lot more rivalry between you amd that annoying friend you wished would just stop! To me, the rivalry os really what makes the game so fun.

Back when I was 7, pokemon was my most favorite thing in the world. I used to watch it non stop. Then, a few years later, I saw a commercial for one the pokemon black and white ds games. That's when I really got into the games. But now that I've grown up, I still watch it, but not as much. And I still play the old games along with the new ones. Getting hyped for new pokemon stuff :)

My friend introduced me to it. Then i just got into it.

You could say my parents brought me into Pokémon? Hahaha. They bought me a Gameboy Color with a Game & Watch Gallery 2 game. Later on, they bought me the Pokémon Yellow game and got a lot attached to it.

I rememer seeing the first Pokemon commercial back in 1998, and I was 12 back then. It's a schoolbus full of Pokemon. I guess that's when I get into it, though I never have a Gameboy, and my first handheld system is the Gameboy Color. Despite it, I have been collecting Pokemn-related products, watching anime, and pretty much do anything a fan can do. I never have friends, so I never consider getting any Pokemon games until the fourth game for the DS (online capabilities). I did bought Pokemon spinoff games like Pokemon Pinball and Hey You, Pikachu! I just happen to like the series when it was first release . . . but I do like it more because of Mew. Maybe that movie and seeing that Pokemon makes me want more of it.

The person who got me into pokemon was my best friend Julian, back when I was around 5 to 6 years old. He showed me the game of pokemon ruby on the GBA. And since then, I got into playing the games. Good times indeed. That's all for now, Have a great evening.:thumbsup:

Back