Why are Digital Downloads the same price as new Retail games ?

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
I never was Microsoft fanboy,nor I'll ever be, but Bill Gates is amazing man and genius, and one of my most respected people. Also shouldn't you be a fangirl, not a fanboy? :eek:
Lol, I say fan-boy other than girl sometimes (doesn't make a different to me, sometimes in games I choose a random gender, weird) but yeah I agree he should be respected for what he has done and how far he reached in his career.

Well... I kinda like picking females in some games... Black 2, Skyrim ... Don't judge me! :p But yeah, he and Steve Jobs.... just wow... too bad Jobs died :'( :cry::cry::cry:

Well... I kinda like picking females in some games... Black 2, Skyrim ... Don't judge me! :p But yeah, he and Steve Jobs.... just wow... too bad Jobs died :'( :cry::cry::cry:
Yeah, I mean I don't want to say a female wherever I turn to camera and I bet you won't want to see a male, so yeah, I won't judge :)

I have stumbled upon this video on Youtube and this person makes a lot of sense when it comes out to stating the facts to support his question, Why are Digital Downloads the same price as new Retail games ?

Its a very interesting topic and I wanna know what you think after watching the video, and give me your answer on why are the games the same price.
I think it's because you can download it as many times as you want because of the fact that if something happens to the physical copy , let's say it breaks you had to buy a new one so your money is wasted but if something happens a to your digital copy of the game , you can just re download it again.

Yeah, but what if your console breaks? You can't do a system transver, and ALL your digital games are gone.

Yeah, but what if your console breaks? You can't do a system transver, and ALL your digital games are gone.
Idk lol

Well, it's a risk that you were willing to take when you bought the digital download....but yeah, such a case would be annoying lol

But also the same risk comes when you buy physical versions. They're even easier to break. So... deal with it. *puts-on-a-cool-sunglasses*

But also the same risk comes when you buy physical versions. They're even easier to break. So... deal with it. *puts-on-a-cool-sunglasses*
Unless you put it in a bubble wrapping paper and cover the bubble wrapping paper with aluminum foil and tape it up and then stuff it in a bag after that , put the bag with the physical copy of the game in a cardboard box and there !
Ta - da you got yourself a super protecter box for any games !

Well, you will only lose one game, not your complete game collection.

They aren't necessarily easier to break because they have a gamecase that comes with them. 3DS does not necessarily, therefore allowing more opportunities for it to break.

I think there the same price because there like the same game as in retail so why wouldn't they be the same price I get some digital downloads all the time

I think there the same price because there like the same game as in retail so why wouldn't they be the same price I get some digital downloads all the time
Actually, think about how much money goes into creating Retail Games, there is the manual, game case, cartridge and Nintendo must pay the middle man (Gamestop,Best Buy) all of those stuff costs money where as the Digital Downloads only pay for the server maintenance >.<

Actually, think about how much money goes into creating Retail Games, there is the manual, game case, cartridge and Nintendo must pay the middle man (Gamestop,Best Buy) all of those stuff costs money where as the Digital Downloads only pay for the server maintenance >.<
Why must Nintendo pay the middle man? I'm pretty sure it'd be the middle man buying the game to sell to make a profit.

Yeah, they're the same game. That's why they don't reduce the cost of digital downloads -- You wouldn't buy the retail game if you could save a huge percentage.

Yeah, they're the same game. That's why they don't reduce the cost of digital downloads -- You wouldn't buy the retail game if you could save a huge percentage.
With that said though, Nintendo could always consider dropping the price of the games once they decrease in popularity and stores aren't selling them as high as usual

With that said though, Nintendo could always consider dropping the price of the games once they decrease in popularity and stores aren't selling them as high as usual
I would be hoping for that day to come, very soon. I love the quote "Price Drop" it always appeal to me.

Well since you suggested that Nintendo should decrease the price of games once it loses it's popularity well , they should do it on the eshop as well :)

Well since you suggested that Nintendo should decrease the price of games once it loses it's popularity well , they should do it on the eshop as well :)
That's the point...decreasing on the eshop. Nintendo doesn't decrease the price for physical copies though, that's up to the individual stores. After all, the stores are the middle-man between Nintendo and the consumer.

Nintendo pays for the eShop servers, so publishers can't have that as an excuse.

Digital games should cost less since they don't need a cover and not to be fanboyish but I believe some PSN games were lower-priced than their retail counterparts for that reason. But the price on digital versions does drop after some time. (for example, some games released for $40 a year or two ago cost $20 when they were brought to the eShop).
i totally agree with you !

Back