Why did you buy the Wii U?

• Thread starter Tuzo
  • Start date
Tuzo

Tuzo

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I bought mine for Smash Bros and Mario Kart and I'm still glad I did, despite Nintendo not having released anything too many great games lately.

Reactions: Rockback
I don't have one, but I'd like to own one because of Mario Kart 8. That game will be epic!

I bought one because I had trust in Nintendo to release some truly awesome games for it.

Same here, and I can't wait for the new Mario Kart! :)

Reactions: Rockback
I didn't buy the Wii u yet but i have to tell you the Wii u is quite emoving for a game consolle it make me exciting about what it can do and all those stuffs.

I bought the Wii U for not just the beautiful graphics, But also for the games that caught my attention.
I was pretty excited for a new next generation console back them and I guess along with Mario, Pikmin, The Internet browser, The gamepad and Nintendoland sealed the deal for me.:thumbsup:

Same here. I bought mine for mario kart 8! I really want smash bros u but my mom won't let me get it because I have to many games :( I'm trying to save up play coins for it but it's a 59.99 game so like 8,000 coins + 2,000 more ;~;

I bought mine for the GAMEZ! (MK8, SM3DW, SSBforWiiU, Treasure Tracker, and so much more) I also bought the Wii U partially for Miiverse as well to expand my account. The Wii U is all that and a bag of chips! ;)

I have always been a fan of Nintendo systems, plus I knew it would have games I would love to play on it. I have had every Nintendo system Nintendo has made.

Reactions: 423
Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros. captured my interest during their E3 announcements. I went and bought a Wii U because of those.

I want to buy a WiiU because of games like Splatoon, Mario kart 8, New super mario bros U, New Super Luigi Bros U, and Super mario 3d land. I already have a 3ds so there would be no point for another copy of SSB4.

Mostly for 3DS Pedia and to support Nintendo, :panda:

Other than that, some of the upcoming games do interest me, such as Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Splatoon, Zelda Wii U and a couple more. Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World before their releases too.

I bought (received as a Christmas gift this past Christmas ._.) my Wii U for these reasons:

1. I LOVE Nintendo. I own tons of Nintendo things, like a DS Lite (Before the 3DS), a 3DS, a Wii, and a Nintendo 64. I plan to get much more in the future such as an NES and a Gameboy! :D

2. To get AWESOME games such as:
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Maker
Zelda U
Yoshi's Wooly World
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Super Smash Bros. U
New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U

I know some of those games above weren't out yet or even announced yet around Christmas 2013, but if they were, I definitely would've wanted them.

There were several games that they already had or were in the process of making and I had to have them. So I got the Wii U to be able to play those games.

I bought my Wii U in June of 2013 (I was a bit late to the, er, "party"), and I'm glad I did. I got it because I wanted to play Wind Waker HD because it's one of my favorite Zelda games, plus I knew Mario Kart and Zelda U would be announced soon.

I've easily spent more time using my Wii U than any other console I've ever used. Not playing games, but using the web browser. I didn't have a laptop from the time I bought it up until July of this year so the web browser was basically my computer for a year.

And it was good.

I got my Wii U for the great games. (SM3DW,SSB4, MK8, Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby and The Rainbow Curse, And Captain Toad Treasure Tracker). They look so Good!

I bought mine in order to play mario kart 8 online with a friend of mine. And together with that friend we are trying to convince another friend of ours to buy one. Basically it was because of that game but as I start to dive deeper into nintendo wii u and the games I realize it was not just because of one game, it was because I know nintendo has something well prepared for its fans so I knew I would be dissapointed when I bought one.

I got mine essentially for Xenoblade X, Smash For Wii U (though I also have Smash for 3DS) and Mario Kart 8.
Okay, maybe the fact that my sister also have a console counts too, but, I bought it for the games.
Its library is become interesting, so, not buying it would be missing great games.

I bought mine because if I where to spend money on a PS4 or xbone I'd rather put it towards a computer. That and the fact that you can't play the new zelda, mario kart and super smash bros on any platform but Nintendo.#

Wind Waker HD! I chose to take advantage of the limited edition Wii U that was available at the time (looks awesome) as well as get to experience an amazing Zelda game I actually hadn't played before

Back