Why did you buy the Wii U?

• Thread starter Tuzo
  • Start date
I bought one to play MK8, prior to this I used to play my bro's console from time to time. I'm also waiting for Zelda U. So glad I finally managed to get the console. :3

Reactions: Marc
i got a wii u for christmas i really wanted it because of the games we got with it
MK8
SM3DW
SSBU
TLOZ Wind waker(im not paying $90 for the original one)
thats why i got my wii u

My mom bought a wii u. She is a huge pikmin fan (she beat the first one in ten in-game days!), so the day Pikmin 3 came out she bought one and a copy of that game

Defenetly for Mario Kart 8!!! It's just so cool xD
Can't wait for Mario Party 10 and Star fox u to come out.

Also the second MK8 dlc :3

I bought it for Super Mario 3d world. I was waiting for mario game like that for ages, and when the wesbite was out, I was so juiced. So I bought a Wii U with nintendoland and super mario 3d world.

I bought mine for:
Mario kart 8
Shovel Knight
Bayonetta 2.
And Pikmin3

I bought the Wii U because it's Nintendo :3

I hope they'll keep making good games for it!

I bought my wiiu because I am a fan of nintendo. Also I loved the graphics and the games

Reactions: Rockback
I bought mine for Mario Kart 8, but I'm happy with another games like Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros, Sonic The Lost World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Watch Dogs, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Super Mario 3D World and others. I like the old releases from Virtual Console too!

Because Nintendo. Also my wii was being weird

I bought my WiiU over the holiday season when it first came out in 2012, and, for about one year, nothing really came out for the system. This caused many people to become hesitant to buy one, leading to the first of many sales crises for the system. Despite this, however, I greatly enjoyed my WiiU and the excellent content that Nintendo faithfully churned out for the system.

Mario Maker, I got the pack for it. I also wanted to play sb mk8 pikmin 3 and tropical freeze , etc.

Im a huge Nintendo fan, and this time, I decided I would buy thier next system as soon as i could. So I started saving up. I was and still am a huge supporter of hidden screen/ dual screen gameplay. I have always wanted to play the gba connect games that were on gamecube, but never got enough gba’s with wires together. Nintendo land looked awsome, game and wario, and epic mickey 2 was also a game I thought i would get. (Big fan of the first one.) and i think i got my wii u a little bit after they announced mario kart 8.(that trailer was hype even if antigrav turned out to be something that doesn’t really matter) and i said, “even if they stop releasing games, the games available now are enough for me.”

I never got a Wii U :(. But at some point I do wanna play Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Paper Mario Color Splash at some point. Maybe some day or a switch poir.

I got it for Super Mario 3D World, Smash 4, Mario Maker, and Mario Kart 8.

There's only one reason I wanted the Wii U... And that was for my true love: Splatoon. :p

Like, it was gonna be for Smash U as well, but nobody wanted it after we got the 3ds versions, lol. But needless to say, I've never regretted getting the Wii U. :)

Because it was the new Nintendo system, and there’s no way I wouldn’t have bought it. :p

I bought it mainly as a new console, cause I was getting bored of my Wii, and this was the new thing at the time. Can really say much more then that, besides that I never regretted buying it. It had some fantastic hits, like Smash Wii U, Hyrule Warriors, and Super Mario 3D World.

Reactions: P2.0
^ same basically, really enjoyed Nintendo Land, Smash 4 and Pikmin 3, as well as a few others. Very surprised by how much of an impact Nintendo Land had on me actually lol and Smash 4 got me into the competitive smash community which has changed my life since

I got one at launch because I was in the Nintendo hype at the time and I was really expecting a big push of Nintendo games after launch starting with Pikmin 3... That didn't really happen and my Wii U got a bit dusty. I was a little bit disappointed. ...Eventually Smash Bros was released.

I got mine at Christmas 2014, mostly to play WindWaker hd, (I got the WindWaker edition) Hyrule Warriors, and later Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Am happy that I got it, but after a few months, I borrowed a Mario game to play and my 2 1/2 year old ( at the time) got totally hooked on it, and everything Mario. It then became the kids console. I never would have imagined when I got it that it would one day become a console used only to play my most hated game all the time ... Minecraft...

Back