Why do people say the 2DS is a failure?

• Thread starter zerotraining
  • Start date
zerotraining

zerotraining

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Many hv deemed 2ds a failure but I got one and it is gr8 why is it a failure and what do u guys not like bout it

Many hv deemed 2ds a failure but I got one and it is gr8 why is it a failure and what do u guys not like bout it
It isn't a failure. People just made negative comments about its design when in truth it's just a cheaper option without the 3D. It feels comfortable in the hand and you lose the ability to flip, but that isn't a major issue imo.

Reactions: King A.R.K
Like for me it feels gr8 it is affordable thx for ur opinion @Marc

Think about all those grandmas and aunts that don't know a thing about Videogames and want to give a present to a kid.
They would buy a THREE DS or a TWO DS?

Of course they would buy the "latest" one ;)

Nintendo is very dumb on naming its consoles. But I love Nintendo anyway.

Reactions: Barmont
It wasn't. Lots of people made the wise decision to buy it since the 3D isn't such a big deal. People's comments on one site usually doesn't ascertain anything (unless that site is 3DS Pedia, in which case, it's completely right :p) The only reason I dislike it is the lack of a clamshell design, but otherwise, losing the 3D for a lower price is a reasonable exchange. I'd still buy a 3DS if I had to choose again, though.

I own one myself and honestly it's not a failure. I didn't think I would use the 3D much on the 3DS so for one I didn't see a reason to get it since there's a cheaper option that does the exact same thing except the 3D. I like its design and it's really comfortable to use, imo. People just choose to be negative about it.

Yeah, it was just a budget option or an option for those with small children imo. :cat:

The 2ds wasn't generally bad , only that the fact that it lacked the cool features that the 3ds like the 3d and all had made the console really have bad comments . It was meant for kids for its design and non 3d effect told that .

It was also quite cheap so the console if more fit for younger children :cat:

It is jsut a much cheaper option for those that want to save and/or not want the 3ds but 3ds (XL is better) has better optimzation features and battery savings, etc. I actually liekd how it was flat and easy to turn off you didn't need to close it all the way and there wasn't a way to mess up online things by acidentally closing your 3ds XP Plus better for sneaking your ds :sneaky: jk lol

Personally, I say that the 2DS is a fail because it is overly hard to put it in sleep mode and it cant fit in most pockets. It it was a 3DS with the only difference being no 3D period, then I would have bought one because I had the choice. P.S. If I had bought the 2DS, I would have saved approx. $110 because of the brice and Pokemon X bundle with 2DS

As marc said that nintendo 2ds is not a failure but many people used to compare nintendo 2ds from nintendo 3ds and they find many difference between these console and that the reason why people used say that 2ds is a failure.

I think it's because the 2DS removes the most important feature of the 3DS: the 3D. It's also ugly and less portable than the 3DS. But it does offer a cheaper alternative so therefore it isn't a real failure, just a stripped down version of the 3DS. It was most likely meant as a so-called "call-bird", an alternative added to the choices to make another choice to look better. It makes the 3DS seem better since for but a little ore money you can get a lot more features. (Or so people will argue.) It's purpose was never to do a great sale but to up the 3DS sales. It's quite a common marketing strategy.

Reactions: Hayleia
Nintendo is very dumb on naming its consoles. But I love Nintendo anyway.
You should see TI (especially TI France). The TI 82 is far from the 82 Stats.fr, which is quite the same as a TI 83, which is far from the TI 83+, which is not the same as the TI 83+.fr which is exactly a TI 84+SE and almost the same as a TI 82 Advanced, which as you can guess, has nothing to do with the original 82.

Now on topic, I would personally never buy a 2DS because it's as portable as a Wii U Gamepad, but it is a lot cheaper than other 3DSes (due to no 3D, no hinges and only one screen) so I'd say it has it's place on the market. And I know someone who just bought one, even though the N3DS is just out, and he said it was because he didn't have money to waste, so really, I understand why there is the 2DS (even though once again, I would never buy that).

What's more of a failure in my opinion is the N3DS XL, which has omgz, a new stick... that is unusable, omgz faster CPU... but no exclusive games as of now, omgz faceplates and customisation everywhere... only for the non XL model, etc.

And good point, @PersonSP, I didn't think of that.

You should see TI (especially TI France). The TI 82 is far from the 82 Stats.fr, which is quite the same as a TI 83, which is far from the TI 83+, which is not the same as the TI 83+.fr which is exactly a TI 84+SE and almost the same as a TI 82 Advanced, which as you can guess, has nothing to do with the original 82.

Now on topic, I would personally never buy a 2DS because it's as portable as a Wii U Gamepad, but it is a lot cheaper than other 3DSes (due to no 3D, no hinges and only one screen) so I'd say it has it's place on the market. And I know someone who just bought one, even though the N3DS is just out, and he said it was because he didn't have money to waste, so really, I understand why there is the 2DS (even though once again, I would never buy that).

What's more of a failure in my opinion is the N3DS XL, which has omgz, a new stick... that is unusable, omgz faster CPU... but no exclusive games as of now, omgz faceplates and customisation everywhere... only for the non XL model, etc.

And good point, @PersonSP, I didn't think of that.
Heh, I actually learned something with economics class :)

Ok number ONE is that IT DOES NOT FOLD. Come on I don't know anyone who has a 2ds because it looks like a 3ds that has been flattened and lost its 3d (not that anyone uses it am I right) it feels Wierd to hold because I used to know someone who had a 2ds but surprise surprise he got the new 3ds xl shortly after

It's cause of its appearance. It looks different from the 3ds and it has no hinges so people assumed it was bad. I have a 2ds and it's pretty sturdy and solid. The people that deem it to be a failure obviously haven't done their research... :sorry:

Reactions: Pikachu979
Well I guess it's because of its appearance, the fact that you can't put it in 3D and it basically the same thing as a Nintendo 3DS

Some people might not like the design of the 2ds. Also they might not like it because it can not close like the previous 3ds'. It also might not feel good in their hands. They also might not like where the circle pad is or when the buttons are on the 2ds. I actually think that the 2ds is pretty good.

Reactions: Kirbygirl12
I have held a 2ds before, and it is very comfortable. Also when you press the home button, you instantly go to the home menu without having the delay that the 3ds has. Maybe the 2ds was made for children, I don't know. But it just doesn't feel the same as my 3ds.

Back