Why do people say the 2DS is a failure?

• Thread starter zerotraining
  • Start date
Some people totally overthink the 2DS, it is a cheaper product for a cheaper market. I, myself own a 2DS and it is an amazing console to hold, people hate on it because it has a different design than what Nintendo normally does. I admit the 2DS has its Cons, but it is still an amazing handheld.

I agree completely. I believe the 2ds was meant to take a break from the same design. I have a 2ds.

Why doesn't anybody say anything on how the 2ds isn't a failure ;)

Reactions: NoticeBurns
I think that everyone is so negative towards it because they might've seen it as obsolete since you can completely shut off the 3D on the 3DS. And it's designed probably didn't look too appealing to some, but to be honest I think it's pretty cool. Because some are sensitive to the 3D and the 2DS is easier to look it and not to mention sturdier, since it doesn't have the hinged top screen so need to worry about it breaking.

One of the reasons people say 2ds is a failure is that it does not have a hinge and some people hate that cuz it really reduces portabibility. Another is that it has only one speaker which makes the experience a bit... boring, id say. Some people hate this but many others love it.

I believe that people belive that the 2ds is failing because how not many of them have bought or seen one with their friend.So forth beliving that it is failing. In my opinion I think its doing fine to still be on the market.

It's far from being a failure. Yes, there are mixed feelings about the design and lack of 3D, but it still sold some units. But that's why the 3DS exists, with 3D + hinges, so why hate on the 2DS? which is perfect for those who have sensitive eyes or are younger. Not to mention it's great for people who are on a tight budget. I would've probably owned one if I didn't have a 3DS because, tbh, I hardly ever use the 3D effect. :panda:

People believe its a failure because it was released at the wrong time. The new3ds, which could exclusively run xenoblade, put the 2ds in the shadows in which it will stay permanently. What also goes against it is many people already own a 3ds, wii u, or both. If they already have one of these why spend extra money for the same product? 2ds failed, it will forever fail. R.I.P 2ds

I have a 2DS myself and it is very comfortable to hold. (In a mad tone of voice) People think the 2DS is a failure because of:
  1. The Appearance
  2. Loss of 3D
  3. They rather play on the 3DS.
  4. Loss of Folding
  5. They just really negative opinions on the 2DS itself and I hate when they do that.

Many hv deemed 2ds a failure but I got one and it is gr8 why is it a failure and what do u guys not like bout it
The 2ds is not that bad in my opinion, a friend of mine got a 2ds because it was cheaper than the original 3ds, sure he loses the ability to flip so that it can protect the screen from landing on the floor hard, but it was easy for him to get the console, so that he can play all those 3ds games (except new 3ds games which is xenoblade chronicles 3d hope there's more soon) and i can finally play some local matches on smash bros with him. :)

It's not bad in my opinion...It's great! I tried it hand's on when i was going to get my 3ds xl. Even though i chose my 3ds i still think it's great :p It can't play 3d or xenoblade but i can't even play xenoblade yet...I may get a shield tv soon <,< birthday come faster!!!!

The 2DS is a failure because of the flippy screen. The screen on them is flat and children can't keep the screens protected while they are lying around so not many people can buy or like them. The 2ds is also more expensive than the 3DS, as well as the controls are rubbish and not easy to get used to. So if anyone disagrees with me please leave a comment below thanks.

The 2DS is not bad, but it would be in people's best interest to save up a little longer and buy a New 3DS

I think I never heard someone say the 2DS is a failure? Where did that come from? Failure is a hard word, maybe not a great console but a failure? Not so sure o_O

The 2DS is a failure because of the flippy screen. The screen on them is flat and children can't keep the screens protected while they are lying around so not many people can buy or like them. The 2ds is also more expensive than the 3DS, as well as the controls are rubbish and not easy to get used to. So if anyone disagrees with me please leave a comment below thanks.
"The 2ds is more expensive than the 3DS" ??? What country do you live in ? In France, the 2ds at least has the decency to be far cheaper than the 3ds, it's really a "bad 3ds for cheaper" so quite a good deal in fact for those who can't afford a 3ds.

Reactions: Ramphy
They said the 2DS was a failure because everyone was expecting an upgrade to the 3DS, not a budget downgrade. Additionally, the new shape of it took away the portability factor the 3DS had. To be honest, I was disappointed when it first came out because Nintendo didn't say much about it being a downgrade. It's perfect for kids and anyone who can't use the 3D effects (as in it gives them headaches, not the annoying one-way 3D the New 3DS solved). In the end, everyone realized this, and we moved on.

Reactions: Ramphy
because it didnt blow hp like nintendo thought it would

It really isnt bad, but ive narrowed it down to two reasons and how to fix them

1. It doesnt fold. Simply get one of the hard fitted shells to protect the screen.

2. its hard to carry. This is solved by getting pants that have bigger pockets :)

I personally don't see the 2DS as a failure. Though, I have to admit when I first saw it I was turned away by it. It just seemed like it was pointless. I think that's why some people consider it a failure. When I got my hands on one I realized that it is actually really nice in the hands and it doesn't really feel cheap like I had heard. It's actually a decent budget 3DS model.

My friend actually said he was never going to buy one. I was actually considering to buy one, but I wanted a bigger screen, and a 'smaller' console (of course when its folded). I actually dont think its a failure, its just a more durable 3DS. It doesn't have a hing, and 3D is not usable. So its good for small kids. Only con I see is the one mono speaker :/.

Back