Why do people say the 2DS is a failure?

• Thread starter zerotraining
  • Start date
Many hv deemed 2ds a failure but I got one and it is gr8 why is it a failure and what do u guys not like bout it
It isnt exactly a "Failure", but it is a hated device. Mostly because
-Absolutely HORRIBLE transportation
-Only 1 speaker which makes the usual GREAT sound from the 3ds terrible
-(the most hated reason) NO CLAMSHELL DESIGN (which means it doesnt fold)
-Screens get scratched easier, since you cannot fold the device to protect the screens
-Cheaply made, which allows it to break easily
-Very bulky

and the pros...

-Comfortable gameplay EXCLUSIVELY for people with Big hands

and a pro and con

-When you press the "Home" button on the device in game, it automatically suspends the program. This is a pro because it acts quicker, but also a con because if you dont save the game or your in a game with people and you accidentally hit the button, it will close the program permanently.

As you can see, there are FAR more cons than pros. Hope this tells you guys something =/

You should see TI (especially TI France). The TI 82 is far from the 82 Stats.fr, which is quite the same as a TI 83, which is far from the TI 83+, which is not the same as the TI 83+.fr which is exactly a TI 84+SE and almost the same as a TI 82 Advanced, which as you can guess, has nothing to do with the original 82.

Now on topic, I would personally never buy a 2DS because it's as portable as a Wii U Gamepad, but it is a lot cheaper than other 3DSes (due to no 3D, no hinges and only one screen) so I'd say it has it's place on the market. And I know someone who just bought one, even though the N3DS is just out, and he said it was because he didn't have money to waste, so really, I understand why there is the 2DS (even though once again, I would never buy that).

What's more of a failure in my opinion is the N3DS XL, which has omgz, a new stick... that is unusable, omgz faster CPU... but no exclusive games as of now, omgz faceplates and customisation everywhere... only for the non XL model, etc.

And good point, @PersonSP, I didn't think of that.
Actually, they are now making games EXCLUSIVELY for the N3ds XL system that will use the c stick. For monster hunter 4 ultimate you are now able to play the game conformably because of the new C Stick, which gets rid of the crappy other stick accessory. Also, the new R buttons in the back can be used in SSB for different moves. The new cpu allows you to download games 3x faster than the Old XL. The XL may not be able to use faceplates, but it actually has a much more matured, and luxurious look than the old XL or the New 3DS (not xl). The new 3D face detector allows gameplay on 3D without blur. The New game slot allows you to remove and place games quicker and easier. The new Stylus location is EXTREMELY handy for quick reaction games. It is actually bigger, not by much, than the old XL. It is a bit thinner than the old XL. The buttons are now more Colorful than the old 3DS and the old 3DS XL. And did I mention that they are now making games exlusively for this system? Oh yeah I did.

As you can tell, there are FAR more reasons that the New XL is better than both the old XL and the 2DS. Like seriously, how can you call the N3DS a fail when the 2DS is sitting right there. Which one would you rather buy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back