Why do you think Waluigi isn't around that much?

• Thread starter ZEN
  • Start date
Waluigi isn't around that much because he isn't a main character and most people often forget him. He doesn't have his own game and just usually competes in Mario Kart and Mario Party. I am pretty sure he was just made to fill in the missing spaces in races and sports. Waluigi was the anti-Luigi and Wario was the anti-Mario. He was mostly made to be the all time rival of Luigi.

I think that nintendo has simply forgotten about poor old waluigi. He was always just a side character or a teammate of wario or something like that. This is sad, as waluigi has much more potential than to just do this. He could be a superhero, or a crazy villain, or anything more than what he is now. Wario has always been my favorite nintendo character along with waluigi, but I believe that waluigi could be anything more than what he is now. He has even been left out of mario karts and mario parties lately, which is even worse. He was left out of smash and placed as an assist trophy again and he could have done so much more. Nintendo needs to remember the characters that made them famous even of they aren't cool like wario or mario. Everyone needs to remember the guy in a purple cap and a black suit.

Agreed wariomovie ^. It has been forgotten by the company, even though waluigi has tons of potenial, including the fact he is in the sports/tennis games, why not in smash bros? Wario made the cut 2 times, but waluigi never did. Once again a lonely assist trophy. They only thought about his appearance in the game, and all they did was add a trophy. Nintendo could do better than this, he could make a good villian or some character that has to deal a big plot or addition to the story. Heck, I'd love to see a game where browser teamed up with wario AND waluigi to make it harder and add new additions to the game. Nintendo needs to do something with a character they created, the one who should be karting with his friends as well.

Waluigi is just one of Nintendo's more forgotten characters. Don't forget, Toadette also only appears in spin-offs too (but at least she became playable in a slightly more main series game, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker). However, Wario hasn't gotten a Wario Land sequel for some time now. Perhaps we can ask for Waluigi to be a playable character when it's announced?

I think that Nintendo has forgotten about him, since he only appears in Spin Offs and doesn't even have his own game, unlike Wario, who is remembered by Nintendo and actually has his own game(s). Wario and Waluigi are included in Smash, but Waluigi is an assist trophy and Wario is a playable character.

@Derp you keep on posting evaaaaaerywhere. Is there a way I can disable notifications for you posting on threads?

Since Luigi is obviously the better brother, he took out Waluigi. Using his Super Saiyan powers from Super Luigi RPG: Legend of the 8 stars. jk jk I just think Nintendo doesn't need use of him anymore.

Since Luigi is obviously the better brother, he took out Waluigi. Using his Super Saiyan powers from Super Luigi RPG: Legend of the 8 stars. jk jk I just think Nintendo doesn't need use of him anymore.
Lol. Mario still has wario on his hands.

He wasn't originally Nintendo's creation - He was originally Camelot's. Nintendo just use him for non-canon games such as Mario Party. These are fun, but They seem a bit repetitive (Is this right? I haven't played the new ones). Let's face it, Nintendo probably don't like him, and he's a bit of a dingus.

Well, he's not the guy with the most elaborate backstory, that's for sure. Nintendo literally said he was "just some guy who showed up to play tennis". Could he be even more of a side character? I'd be fun if they deepened him a bit but right now he has so little own character and such a low profile that no one misses him. :p

He's nothing but a character used to fill an empty character slot. And like PersonSP said, he doesn't have a great backstory. He was just made so Luigi can have his opposite and a rival. However, Waluigi is lucky in that he isn't abandoned, only having SOME cameos in Archie Comics and a missing person poster in a Mario level.

*cough*Ray, Mighty, Bark, Bean, Fang, [insert other 90s Sonic character who almost nobody talks about today] *cough*

Well, his main purpose was to be a teammate for Wario in Mario Tennis, if I remember correctly, so I don't know why Nintendo brings him around every now and then except for the infrequent spinoffs.

He isn't around that much because he is more of a side character, even more than Wario. Wario is supposed to be Mario's rival and Waluigi is supposed to be his partner. One of the major reasons we haven't seen Waluigi is because of his absence from Mario Kart 7.

I disagree with people, but also agree with other people. He is not unpopular, but if you look at the games he's appeared in, they're all either Mario sports games, or Mario party. Waliugi is a spin-off character, you won't ever see him but in these games. (Actually I could see him being in a new warioland as an alternate multiplayer choice, like Luigi, and blue and yellow toad in new super Mario brothers.) There's a reason that what he does in smash is hit people with his tennis racket. That's because he doesn't do anything else! He's just a spin off character.

Waluigi isn't popular because Luigi isn't popular. Waluigi is the shadow of a shadow so yeah. Wario has more games than Luigi because Luigi is a shadow and Wario is a shadow of the most famous person in the mushroom kingdom and SHADOWS. I'm also pretty sure Waluigi isn't in the Warioware games because the Warioware games are mainly about Wario and the made up characters in WarioWare

Well, first wario is also not popular compared to his counterpart, right? Well, Luigi is much less popular than Mario (argue all you want, the fact is Mario has hundreds more games than Luigi), correct, which means that waluigi should be less popular than wario. I personally don't really like waluigi either, although I feel that he should have like a $5 game that's basically pinball to explain waluigi pinball in Mario kart DS. It is kinda sad that nhe is unexplained and only in spin offs however.

Waluigi isn't popular because Luigi isn't popular. Waluigi is the shadow of a shadow so yeah. Wario has more games than Luigi because Luigi is a shadow and Wario is a shadow of the most famous person in the mushroom kingdom and SHADOWS. I'm also pretty sure Waluigi isn't in the Warioware games because the Warioware games are mainly about Wario and the made up characters in WarioWare
Well, first wario is also not popular compared to his counterpart, right? Well, Luigi is much less popular than Mario (argue all you want, the fact is Mario has hundreds more games than Luigi), correct, which means that waluigi should be less popular than wario. I personally don't really like waluigi either, although I feel that he should have like a $5 game that's basically pinball to explain waluigi pinball in Mario kart DS. It is kinda sad that nhe is unexplained and only in spin offs however.
Actually, that's not true. Most Mario fans like Luigi more but Mario is the icon of the series. He was there before Luigi and more well-known by the general public so therefore he has more games. ;)

Reactions: Mr. L
I think it's not that Waluigi is forgotten, or disliked by Nintendo or anything.. but it's mainly that they have no real use for him. There is nothing they can do with him, I believe. Now personally if I was in Nintendo I'd find a use for him xPP But obviously as they do not see any viable future for him, then they don't focus on him.

Personally, I think it would be cool with there was like a Wario&Waluigi (as opposed to Mario&Luigi) game, which could utilise the mischievous and underhanded personalities of the two, with interesting gameplay, wacky enemies and cool combo moves. Could even have Mario and Luigi as rivals throughout the game :p Or just make a mario game (would work best as an RPG) where Wario and Waluigi are the rivals.

In the end, Waluigi could be used as either a sidekick to wario, main character of a VERY interesting sounding game, rival/main villain in a luigi game, or part of a team rivalry in a game involving Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi.

I think that he was just a prop. He wasn't important they used him once and nobody really liked him so they decided not to really use him. In all the other games he wasn't included either except in one race map where you can play his level that's all. That's why I think they don't use him that much.

Well lets be honest, nobody particularly cared about him to begin with, but you know he was meant as a ' side kick ' if you will to Wario, being the evil version of Luigi to wario's evil version of mario, truth be told i would really appreciate it if he did appear in more games. So sad

Back