Mario Maker Why isn't SMM2's 3D World Style not truly 3D?

• Thread starter SS1o7crazydude
  • Start date
Are you a programmer?

Why are you defending someone who isn't even yourself?
What do you think lawyers, or even just nice people do?

Reactions: 28142
That's.. not how it works. They would have to remake the entire game from scratch. I think the best non-technical metaphor for that would be if you had a round piece and someone told you to fit that into a triangle hole, what'd happen? You'd break it, and it just wouldn't fit.
Okay so they should just make the whole game from scratch. Super Paper Mario on the Wii can be played in both 2D and 3D.

Okay so they should just make the whole game from scratch. Super Paper Mario on the Wii can be played in both 2D and 3D.

and they would end up making an entirely new game for that while you also miss all of my other points. It's literally not possible to do it in the ways you're proposing.

And super paper mario is a completely different game on such different hardware that it's not comparable at all.

Why is it not possible in the ways that I am proposing?

And also, how do you know that SMM2's engine can't handle 3D.

Wait until 2023 when Super Mario Maker 3(D) comes out and then hopefully you'll have your precious 3D World in 3D
Ok bye
I don't think you realise the importance of having a 3D world in SMM2, it's what determines whether the game is good or not.

What do you think lawyers, or even just nice people do?
True, lawyers do defend people but he never asked for you to defend him, did he? And even if he did, your defence wasn't adequate as I won the argument against you with my hard-to-beat counter-statements.

True, lawyers do defend people but he never asked for you to defend him, did he? And even if he did, your defence wasn't adequate as I won the argument against you with my hard-to-beat counter-statements.
who said you won?

Okay, try to win. Say something back and see if you're lucky enough to take back the throne.

Why is it not possible in the ways that I am proposing?

And also, how do you know that SMM2's engine can't handle 3D.

I don't think you realise the importance of having a 3D world in SMM2, it's what determines whether the game is good or not.

ok 1) don't turn this into an argument thread. Just don't.
2) Nintendo uses both custom and originally made engines. For SMM they most likely designed it specifically for SMM.
3) I'm saying what you propose is impossible because you don't understand how game dev works. It's not just dragging some things, click a couple more things, and hit "publish".
4) "it's what determines whether the game is good or not." That is a pretty subjective thought, one person's good game could be another person's trash. It's also a very entitled thing to say honestly.

Reactions: AricAttack
Okay, try to win. Say something back and see if you're lucky enough to take back the throne.
Pretty sure @Sky has the throne here ;)

ok 1) don't turn this into an argument thread. Just don't.
2) Nintendo uses both custom and originally made engines. For SMM they most likely designed it specifically for SMM.
3) I'm saying what you propose is impossible because you don't understand how game dev works. It's not just dragging some things, click a couple more things, and hit "publish".
4) "it's what determines whether the game is good or not." That is a pretty subjective thought, one person's good game could be another person's trash. It's also a very entitled thing to say honestly.
This is what I understand from what you're saying: you obviously don't care about 3D world, which is a big shocker and you don't want better games! I still need evidence that supports the fact that the SMM2 engine can't run 3D. I never said game developing was "just dragging some things, click a couple more things, and hit "publish"". You don't know what a very entitled thing to say is. You don't understand the importance of having a 3D theme. You enjoy playing trashy non-epic games.

This is what I understand from what you're saying: you obviously don't care about 3D world, which is a big shocker and you don't want better games! I still need evidence that supports the fact that the SMM2 engine can't run 3D. I never said game developing was "just dragging some things, click a couple more things, and hit "publish"". You don't know what a very entitled thing to say is. You don't understand the importance of having a 3D theme. You enjoy playing trashy non-epic games.

I actually have no words to respond to this. For starters, please look up the meaning of "Entitlement", and re-read what you have written. If you still don't understand that, then please also look up the meaning of "Manners" while you're at it.

Secondly, where did I ever say I didn't care about 3D world, or that I didn't want better games? I just know a lot about realistic scopes, and how tight they can be. Not everything can be in every game, that is actually impossible.

For the engine, if you have a hacked switch where you can give me the source code of SMM2, please do so I can tell you exactly how the game is made. Nintendo keeps their engines locked down however, they are heavily custom tweaked for each game/series. So from that, it is a logical leap to make to presume that Nintendo made SMM based around a solely 2D engine base, and for the second game, they used the same engine of course, just with some updated tweaks to work on the new console + for the new mechanics.

There is no immediate importance over no fully 3D stages. You are the single person I have heard so far complaining about it. The fact you are demanding for it to be put in, and how the game is horrible without it, is just stupid honestly.

What they promised us in SMM2 (a SM3DW theme):
1565238156360.png
What they gave us:
1565238304821.png
Understand? Become aware of what you're voting for.

I'm going to send an email to Nintendo now asking for the source code of SMM2.

What they promised us in SMM2 (a SM3DW theme):
View attachment 19318
What they gave us:
View attachment 19319
Understand? Become aware of what you're voting for.

ok it's 5:30am and I realised that I'm not actually going to be able to get you to understand anything. I am not "voting" for anything. This isn't some political debate.

I've covered this in one of my previous posts, but they didn't promise 3d world exactly, they promised the STYLE of 3D world, which we have been given successfully imo.

And please go lookup of the 2 words I told you to lookup. You really would benefit from it.

I'm going to send an email to Nintendo now asking for the source code of SMM2.

Good luck with that, I'm sure they'd enjoy the laugh.

And now we wait.

If you still don't understand that, then please also look up the meaning of "Manners" while you're at it.
How am I being rude?

@Sky Please do tell how I'm being rude. I won't know unless you explain.

How am I being rude?

@Sky Please do tell how I'm being rude. I won't know unless you explain.

This conversation was moved to PMs as this isn't the place for this.

Reactions: Marc
Okay, thank goodness that was sorted, let's continue the conversation folks. I sent an email to Nintendo a few days ago in the form of an entertainment request regarding the source code for Super Mario Maker 2. It was sent to [email protected]. I still didn't get a reply. I look forward to getting a reply as then Sky will be able to tell us how the game is made and whether or not 3D is possible in SMM2 once I tell him/her the source code.

Okay, thank goodness that was sorted, let's continue the conversation folks. I sent an email to Nintendo a few days ago in the form of an entertainment request regarding the source code for Super Mario Maker 2. It was sent to [email protected]. I still didn't get a reply. I look forward to getting a reply as then Sky will be able to tell us how the game is made and whether or not 3D is possible in SMM2 once I tell him/her the source code.

That isn't what that email is for at all, "Examples: product integration, set props, scripting, verbal mentions, etc." That email is for product placements and such. Not for silly requests that'll never be granted. You're literally never going to get the source code for ANY Nintendo game. Nintendo will 100% never just hand it over to some kid.

I would suggest you don't harass some poor random workers with things completely unrelated to their job.

That isn't what that email is for at all, "Examples: product integration, set props, scripting, verbal mentions, etc." That email is for product placements and such. Not for silly requests that'll never be granted. You're literally never going to get the source code for ANY Nintendo game. Nintendo will 100% never just hand it over to some kid.

I would suggest you don't harass some poor random workers with things completely unrelated to their job.
Okay okay. I actually didn't expect you to go to the website to find out that that email is for the examples that you listed. But anyways, congratulations. I was on the website but I couldn't find an email address for topics more relevant than what I was writing for. All the email addresses were for things that had nothing to do with what I wanted to ask so I just went ahead and clicked on the email address which I thought was the most appropriate for my query. If you can find a better email address, I'd love to hear from you.

Let's be a little optimistic, I believe I will get the source code of SMM2 eventually. Also, I don't think it's harassing, my email was very polite, brief and direct-to-the-point.

Back